RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
Mihashi

I am currently:
Something strange. Can't put my finger on it.

Sorry if I end up typing weird in this post. I really can't focus properly right now. I know my body's weird when it comes to sleep, but I slept nearly 10 hours and I feel like I'm going to collapse at any moment. I can't sleep right now though, because I need to stay awake in order to hear the phone (Mom just took Dad to talk to a surgeon because he messed up his leg pretty badly last Friday) and watch my younger sister. It's like moving mountains trying to remember things from 5 minutes ago, and until I yawned while typing this post, I had a tingling in the top of my head. My eyes can't entirely focus, and they're perfect 20/20 vision.

Does anybody know what might be going on? And if I should see a doctor for this?

Mihashi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 12-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
Mihashi

I am currently:

Had a sandwich a little afterwards. Definitely helped a bit. Energy levels have moved upwards, I think. I can think more clearly, though. Which is good. My focus isn't entirely perfect, but it never has been, to be honest. Tingling's gone. So there's an update on that.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #3
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

If this kind of extreme tiredness & other symptoms are new for you then you probably should see a doctor just to get checked over.

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
Mihashi

I am currently:

Hm.. You're not the first person to mention going to the doctor about it, so that's definitely on the list of things to probably do.

Part of my confusion on this now is that I had that sandwich, and things did get better. Meaning I could actually focus and comprehend things like I do normally, and that tingling went away.

I'm also a pretty sleepy person regularly, especially without some sort of caffeine. I'm still surprised I managed to pass High School, because I slept through a great amount of it.

Old 13-11-2014, 02:03 AM   #5
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

How's your eating?
Maybe you had low blood sugar as food fixed it.

If it's an ongoing issue seeing a doctor is a good idea.
He can at least make sure it's nothing serious that needs medical intervention.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #6
Mihashi

I am currently:

My eating's mostly been fine. I suppose I'd just forgotten to this morning? I dunno.

Old 13-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Missing a meal unintentionally can give you low blood sugar.

Is this sth that happens a lot or was that a one time occurrence?
If it happens frequently it might be a good idea to keep a record that includes the day and time, how your sleeping and eating was that day, as well as what you were doing at the time and how you felt before it happened. This might be helpful if you see a doctor as they can look for patterns etc.

Can I ask why you posted this on the mental health board? Just curious as it makes me wonder whether you assumed it was mh related. Maybe that can give us an idea of what you made of it at the time of posting :)

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 13-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #8
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Also, did you feel better immediately after the sandwich?
Because unless you had a sugary drink or snack with it it would have been around half an hour before your blood sugar would have gone up again.

My other guess would be that it might have been anxiety related. Especially as you say your dad is injured etc.

We can just make guesses though and keeping a record of when it happens and taking to your doctor is the only way to know for sure!

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 13-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #9
Mihashi

I am currently:

I did feel better immediately after the sandwich. I mean I had cheetos with it, but most of me feeling better was about as soon as I'd finished the sandwich (which was before any cheetos).

I think that was a one-time occurrence. For the record.

I posted it here because I really wasn't sure what was going on. I know I'm currently undiagnosed, but the tingling in my head and the fact not even my 20/20 eyes could focus properly at the time threw up a couple red flags, and those might have been signs leading to something. I wasn't sure if I was at the point of really snapping for good, or what.

I may have anxiety, I don't know. I don't know if I even have anything, let alone what's been speculated.

Old 13-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #10
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Thanks for replying to all of my questions :)
I just wanted to be sure to not keep talking about blood sugar if it's an unlikely explanation, which seems to be the case here.

It sounds pretty scary and unsettling to experience that.
You say you're not sure what sort of MH issues you have, are you currently seeing anyone for how you are doing mentally? Maybe you can mention this incident to them, I've had anxiety attacks with similar symptoms as you describe, and a professional would be able to evaluate whether this needs further looking into.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 15-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #11
Mihashi

I am currently:

I suppose I'll give an update to this thread. I did post another thread that dealt with this topic.

I talked with my therapist yesterday. I came out of there with 2 possibilities on what it was.

1. Anxiety
2. ADHD.

If it's anxiety, he said it may be a third-party option of "fight or flight" which he said was "freeze". Where everything just totally stops, and it's either really hard to get back on track of things, or you totally shut down. Like a deer (or he mentioned rabbit) in the headlights before it moves.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)