Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #281
WalkingShadow

I am currently:

I try and make it as difficult as possible for me to SH. At this stage I could never throw away my blades but I try to hide them/ lock them away so it takes a while to get them out. It's a small step and I'm very early in my recovery but it is actually surprisingly effective because it gives me time to think about the consequences of my SH- usually my urges decrease with time

xoxo

WalkingShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #282
CaughtRedHanded
CaughtRedHanded

I am currently:

i have a list to complete before i allow myself to think of SH

1. wait 10 mins. if i still want to SH, go onto step 2

2. surround myself with as many people as possible for 30 mins. this will stop me from SH as i am in public. i can go for a walk or sit with friends and family

3. draw on myself with a soft permanent marker. once this image has faded fully (normally takes a few days) then i am allowed to think about SH (but not do anything, just think)

4. if, after all these steps, i still want to SH, i contact a listener on a site called 7cups (who actually recommended me this site). they will help me ground myself and give me more options

i am currently a week, today, of not SH and i really want to make it at least a month. my record so far is a year.

CaughtRedHanded

CaughtRedHanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:32 AM   #283
DavidJ

Self-harm Mind-body Help
selfharmmindbodyhelp

Hello. This article is about sharing my own successful resolution of a personal mental health issue, namely the presence of a specific self-harming thought. I would like to share my personal experience of successfully resolving an event triggered self-harming mental thought through an effortless mind-body health solution. This natural, simple simple treatment spontaneously arose in my mind one day whilst observing in my awareness the distressing self-harming thought...

Not sure if I can link to this article.

DavidJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)