Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #61
singxsilently

I am currently:

Quote:
"I probably have more than you."
"I've been doing it a longer."
"I've done it deeper than you."

Same person in our "deep and meaningful" discucssion whilst getting to know each other better.

She was wrong on all three counts, but I hate it when people try to make it a competition because they want to be the most screwed up. Like sure, think it, but don't try rubbing it in my face by commenting on things you know nothing about.

"Doesn't matter, she cuts herself all the time."
someone once shouted across the classroom in front of my favourite teacher (who I may have had a little crush on)

Anyone that starts saying "Why do you do it? Is it to feel real, because something upsetting you, because you're angry....." continue list from text book.

When my mother first found out.
"You selffish little b!t*H! If you hate me that much why don't you just kill yourself!" Can't remember if that was before or after the slap.
This ._.

So many people are looking to me to be strong and to fight, but I'm just surviving.
The mirror can lie...doesn't show you what's inside. It's amazing what you can hide, just by putting on a smile.

Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk... I'll always listen.

singxsilently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #62
Rainbow Colors

I am currently:

"You just do it for attention, depression isn't real, its a fake disease. There's nothing that tells you you have to cut."
Um, I never said anything was telling me to cut, jackass.
Oh and "You have no reason to cut, there are people starving and homeless, you have so much and you're so ungrateful."
And these two aren't about cutting, but I had someone say to me recently after I told him about how I was raped:
"It takes two people to have sex, You can't say that you didn't have anything to do with it, you were a part of it too."
And someone else said:
"You wanted it or you would have yelled out rape."
Really? What would have been the point of yelling if there was no one to hear me?

Last edited by Rainbow Colors : 30-06-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Remembered another one.

Whatever it is, you can get through it. I promise.

Rainbow Colors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #63
Rainbow Colors

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispershine View Post
"Just...stop. Seriously."
Like I'm not trying? :/

"Wow...you're really stupid for doing that. And you seem creepy."

"If you do then I will"
...I guess I'll never tell you again...

"You're so overdramatic."
._.

And awh, some of the posts on here were so harsh :/ Don't take it to heart, stay strong!
The if you do then I will one was said to me too....Like how is that going to make me stop wanting to do it?

Old 30-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #64
Rilic
Loon

I am currently:

My parents believe for anything like depression, bipolar, eating disorders, gender identity disorder, self harm, sometimes even some schizophernic, dissociative and personality disorders.

"They wouldn't do it if the media didn't glorify being a freak." Said my dad.
"Absolutely, they wouldn't think up any of this garbage if they hadn't seen it somewhere else before. It's sick." Said mother dearest.
Why is it sick?
"Because some people have real problems like cancer. And some people are starving in the world. And some people go through absolute S**t, like child abuse, the loss of a parent, and they don't resort to attention seeking habits."

I've heard it from them a couple of times. One of the few times I think "Why the hell am I cutting myself? It's not me I can't stand."

"Alright, gang. I'll ignore that some of you are late... if you ignore that I'm the latest."

Rilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #65
MayhemBee
Just because I'm smiling it doesn't mean I'm Happy

I am currently:

'Oh, everyone cuts. It's no big deal' Now that p*sses me off.

MayhemBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #66
DrWatson
Simon

I am currently:

Once when I was changing a guitar string, it snapped and the string cut into my arm. I was complaining to my grandad (who I love very much, he's just not very good with tact :P) and he said 'stop complaining! you've done worse to yourself!' I was so shocked I must have looked like a goldfish for about 5 minutes D:

'Get out. I need to go to my mind palace.'

'I don't know, I notice.'

DrWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #67
Billy!

I am currently:

'God, you're not still doing that are you?'-from my grandad when my sleeve slipped up a few weeks ago.
'We're going to have to have some private lessons, to teach you how to use a knife in the right way.'- My tutor after I walked out of a cooking lesson because I was struggling.

You're mad, bonkers, off your head.
But let me tell you something; All the best people are-Alice in wonderland.

All hail the almighty google!
Minnie_Mouse and Saxophone are my fellow wise searchers <3

Billy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #68
surviver15
Sometimes things aren't so simple..

I am currently:

Wow, I wish people would be more sensitive.

surviver15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #69
musicmad123
my invisible cat thinks you're weird...

I am currently:

"Don't do that anymore, it's nearly Christmas" from an A&E nurse...oh dear

Let the Force be with you
I'm not short, I'm space efficient

musicmad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #70
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

I was at A&E once and the doctor refused to treat my wound because "you're just trying to make yourself look interesting!!!!"
That made me stop going to A&E.

When i moved into the institution i was told "You do realise that cutting yourself is a very immature thing to do, don't you???" That made me realise i could never rely on those people to help me.....

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #71
<(O_O<) (>O_O)>
You mad?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingStar View Post
"You just do it for attention, depression isn't real, its a fake disease. There's nothing that tells you you have to cut."
Um, I never said anything was telling me to cut, jackass.
Oh and "You have no reason to cut, there are people starving and homeless, you have so much and you're so ungrateful."
And these two aren't about cutting, but I had someone say to me recently after I told him about how I was raped:
"It takes two people to have sex, You can't say that you didn't have anything to do with it, you were a part of it too."
And someone else said:
"You wanted it or you would have yelled out rape."
Really? What would have been the point of yelling if there was no one to hear me?
excuse me while i pick my jaw up off the ground.

what the ****?? those are both absolutely disgusting. -safe hugs-
[edit]
i just remembered when i told a friend about my own sh and he asked why i don't just get a tattoo if i want to feel pain. the real kicker being he's someone who has attempted suicide several times in the past and has been on antidepressants so i would've thought he'd know better than to ask something so stupid. =/

Last edited by <(O_O<) (>O_O)> : 30-06-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: thought of a proper contribution.

<(O_O<) (>O_O)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #72
MayhemBee
Just because I'm smiling it doesn't mean I'm Happy

I am currently:

Quote:
'We're going to have to have some private lessons, to teach you how to use a knife in the right way.'- My tutor after I walked out of a cooking lesson because I was struggling.
Thats nasty! I'm so glad i dont do food tech. :/ People are so horrible about it sometimes!

MayhemBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #73
MandiC

I am currently:

"You're too pretty, you don't need to ruin your body with those ugly scars."
No i'm not pretty, not even close.

Pull my ribs apart and let the sun inside.

MandiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #74
Rainbow Colors

I am currently:

Oh I just thought of another. "If you cut again, then I will never talk to you again."

Old 01-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #75
NoWarButTheClassWar
Krim

I am currently:

"Get over yourself, all the **** that happened to you happened because God wanted it to, so just deal with it."
This from a very close friend of mine (at the time) who knows that I'm agnostic and lean towards atheism. This same "friend" a few years later showed up at my college campus asking to stay the night in my room, and tried to force himself on me - luckily my roommate woke up XP

"You cannot take what you have not given, and you must give yourself." -Shevek, The Dispossessed(Ursula K. LeGuin)

NoWarButTheClassWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #76

"Why are you doing this to your perfect skin?"
Because I like my scars actually?
"But you're so smart"
Youre so helpful.
"Promise you'll stop"
No. Just no. I rarely cut anymore as it is, don't make me promise something I can't keep.
"Shouldn't you be past this?"
No.

10001110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #77
-Shae-Lynn*
Laugh often. Dream big. Reach for the stars!!

I was told that I was "too young to feel this way" when I went to get help for depression and anxiety. A couple months later I was taken to the hospital and was told I needed to "stop acting like a child, take some responsibility and stop hurting myself."

A nurse on the psych ward the second time I was admitted told me I was self-sabotaging because I hurt myself on the unit with a tool I wasn't supposed to have. I was visiting with my family and a couple friends and she came to the door and basically yelled in "we've thrown your *tools* in the sharps box so you're not getting them back." Later that day she told me to think of the poor children starving in Africa. She said they would kill for my life and the opportunities I have and to stop wasting them.

I was told that I wasn't "really" sick because I had a choice unlike someone with bipolar or schizophrenia. I could choose to not cut and I'd "be fine." Yeah, because that's how that works.

I've had quite a few bad experiences with all sorts of professionals but I've also met some really amazing people who truly wanted to help. I just wanted to remind everyone that there are still professionals out there who understand. We tend to remember the bad over the good but the good is still there. If you need help, go get it. If you've had a bad experience, don't give up. There are people out there who care and want to help you, you just have to find them.

It's the children the world almost breaks that grow up to save it.
-Frank Warren

-Shae-Lynn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #78
lost-in-nowhere

I am currently:

Makes me quite sad to read these comments. It's a shame people are so insensitive and badly informed. It makes me even more determined that no one will ever find out about my cutting.

Hold your breath, count to ten, fall apart, start again...

lost-in-nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #79
DustyChica

I am currently:

I've gotten different versions of the "You're so pretty/smart/popular/happy/etc., why would you do that?" from a ton of different people. I know most of them are genuinely confused and don't understand, but they could show a little sensitivity at least.

I also had two friends of mine stop being friends with me because I was "weak". "Who DOES that to themselves? You're sick. You need to grow up and stop acting like your life is so effing horrible."

I thought it was kinda funny how they got on my case about cutting, but they never mentioned how they liked to drink themselves into a stupor or get high to escape their horrible lives. Just sayin'. I had my ways of coping, they had theirs.

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

DustyChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #80
Hen
S2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-in-nowhere View Post
Makes me quite sad to read these comments. It's a shame people are so insensitive and badly informed. It makes me even more determined that no one will ever find out about my cutting.
It really is sad how many people are ignorant towards others' circumstances, however, the rare, few, understanding people in my opinion make it worth risk.

You're never alone S2

''When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”
The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”
The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

Hen is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)