Positive recovery post - 8 years baby!
Another year has passed and I have achieved some things. Not only that but I am another year free of SI (making it 8 years free!)
1. I had to have a change of cpn. My one last year went on maternity leave so I had to have an replacement. I coped fine. I was told my last appointment that I am having yet another new cpn so I am sure that I will be fine. I only see my cpn once every 3 weeks now. For many years I had appointments every week.
2. I haven't abused alcohol for a year. In fact I have bought non alcoholic lager so that I can have a lager without the alcohol. Vodka is my downfall so when the bottle ran out I didn't buy any more.
3. I continue to go swimming most weeks (I don't go during half term because the kids stress me out).
4. I meet with my friend most weeks for coffee. This is a good thing because I struggle with getting out of the flat when I am having a bad day.
5. I didn't end up IP last year.
6. I have bed and I haven't binged once last year.
7. I told my cousin that I have schizophrenia and am a recovering SIer. He works as an ambulance technician and is currently a student paramedic (all being well he qualifies in November) so has dealt with mh conditions in his job. He has said on Facebook that he particularly enjoys dealing with mh cases. The reaction was positive. Apart from my friends and you lot here nobody knows that I have schizophrenia.
The only downside is that I have still yet to do anything regarding learning Italian. Due to circumstances beyond my control I am no longer secretary for a sports day for people with disabilities so it's not going ahead ever again but when I did it I managed the workload fine. Tbh I miss doing it.
So that's it! I feel as though SI is part of my past and that's something that I will never do again. As I have said previously once I get to 10 years free I will post on Facebook (the majority of people on there don't know that I SI ). Here's to another year free!
Last edited by not_so_insig : 15-06-2019 at 12:57 AM.