RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
kkksssddd

Please help :-(

Well, I think I should give the background to my problem that I need advice with. I am 17. When I was 16 my mum committed suicide and this obviously had a massive effect on our family. My father works away a lot, and she always looked after them. She was on drugs for ages, so it was kind of down to me to look after them I suppose. When she died I became the full time carer (well When I was at school they were at a childminder). It gradually became harder and harder to keep this up, as I was working around 20 Hours a week, on top of my school work just to finance the situation. Obviously my dad helped us out, but not enough. Then another stroke of bad luck hit when I was diagnosed with kidney Cancer. It became harder and harder to cope with the intensive routine as well as undergoing the treatments and surgical procedures.

At school a few of the staff have definatley been bullying me since the beginning of the year. For example my form tutor would deliberatley humiliate me in front of the class. Another thing happened where the school put a "funny video" of me on the internet. It was even called "look at this idiot" and it was cctv footage from the school cameras of me tripping up and dropping all my stuff. I dont know weather to persue it or not. Our school is such a tight nit community (the staff are)> ive spoken to the head and the deputy but nothings really been done.

It is really hard to deal with. Especially having come out of hospital being subjected top long periods of being on morphine. Any crack addicts will know going cold turkey on opiants is not pleasant.

I have the option to decided weather to have the final set of treatments, but to be honest im feeling more like I should call it a day. Im planning on possibly rejecting the treatment. I am tired of fighting with people, and although i have made good progress in the battle against my school, (I got a letter of apology from the staff) it still seems like winning the battle is a long way in the distance.

I feel like on this ocassion I am not going to win, and instead of spending my last few months fighting, to just rest until the enevitable happens.

Any advice would be apreciated.

kkksssddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Born to be broken
in a heartbeat....i would

I am currently:

*huggles tight* hunny i may not have any good advice for u but i read this and i think u are so soo brave... keep on trying hunny u desurve the good at the end of it all sweetie youve got so far the battle will be won ... and you will feel so prowd wen u hve won it...

*huggles* keep doin hunny..

~ the Faith has GONE~
i loves all the safe room kids there all my lil heros...
Mikki is my lil sis <3 Hanner is my lil Princess <3
new year ...same problems....
hurts just as much....

Born to be broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Tig

*Sending you massive hugs*

Gosh honey, you are so brave. Just reading this has made me tearful so I can't imagine how you must be feeling but gosh, you are an inspiration - how much you have put up with.
Please don't give up on your treatment. You deserve a life and a happy life, even though things are horribly hard now and some things won't be able to change, I do believe that life can get better for you. You won't be in school forever and you won't always have to care for others.
Are you getting any support for what you are going through? If not, please try and seek some. You definately shouldn't be dealing with all this on top of serious medical problems. Is anyone helping you to care for the little ones now?
I'm disgusted at what you've been subjected to in school and urge you to keep speaking out about it until something is done. I'm absolutely appalled that you spoke to the head and nothing has been done but please try again. You don't deserve this. It shocks me that people treat you like this when they perhaps know how hard things are for you.
I wish I had something of use to say. I just want you to know that I care for you and if you would like, I will pray for you but I wouldn't go against your wishes. You will always have RYL, please keep talking to us.
xxx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
TimesLikeThese

I want to start off with expressing how much I admire you right now. You're obviously going through alot with treatment for your cancer, and from the loss of your mother. You've had no choice but to look after your family, and I understand how hard this must be for you.

Is there a close friend or relative who can help you out with things at home? If you had someone who could help, you could focus more on your schoolwork and sorting out this issue with the teachers who are bullying you.

You said that you've already spoken to people at school about how they treat you, but nothing happened - how long ago was this? What was said? I encourage you to bring it up again, and if nothing changes again, seek higher up (for example people in government, etc). It is wrong for them to do this, and it's extremly unfair on you.

Please keep talking to us; tell us what happens from day to day and we shall try and help you through it.

Take care of yourself,
Sarah x

Moved on. Take care.

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
kkksssddd

Just an updateI

I decided to give an update.

After no help from my school, I decided to take it further. I have been in contact with the local education authority. I am taking my school to an industrial tribunal, which will take place in a few weeks. Im actually quite exited about confronting problems in a structured formal setting. according to my representative i am going to win.

Ive decided to take up the treatment. I refuse to be a person who will let their life be ruined. I think i have one battle left in me. (sorry to be cliched!)

kkksssddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #6
TimesLikeThese

That's great to hear!

I hope things with your school get sorted out properly, and that everything with your treatment goes alright!

Take care,
Sarah x

Moved on. Take care.

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)