Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 04:21 AM   #1
chopingirl1810

I am currently:
Positive recovery post - I can do this (and so can you!)

Hello everyone ^_^

So this might be one of the first times I'm actually trying to squash my self-harm and surpass my last clean record. I'm going for staying clean the entire rest of my senior year and summer; that would be a meaningful accomplishment before venturing off into the scary, exciting world of college.

Despite having strong triggers especially after an anger explosion, I've managed to distract myself by drawing, writing, and even something as simple as painting my nails or watching a favorite Youtuber. I realized how little time I have left to fully enjoy myself. I don't want to remember the drama and mean people from this year, only the fun moments shared with my few, amazing friends.

For anyone else struggling to keep clean and fight their inner demons...you can do it. I am secretly rooting for you no matter what C:

"Mistakes and failures are great teachers. They provide the opportunity to learn and grow stronger, and more capable. The only ones who never fail, are those who never try."

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Thoreau

"I can't rewrite what's already perfect."--Amadeus, the Movie

chopingirl1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #2
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

What a lovely post. :)

I'm glad that you've made this resolution with yourself to aim to resist the self harm & I really hope it goes well for you. Remember that should you have a little slip up, it's not failure & you can just pick yourself up & carry on where you left off with the recovery (hopefully this won't be the case!).

Sounds like you're doing really well in terms of distraction, etc. Keep it up! :)

I hope you have a great time with your friends for the rest of the year.

Take care.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
[Marilyn Monroe]

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 03:15 AM   #3
Greene0Kelly

I am currently:

You're doing great Chopingirl! :) Keep it up!

Sometimes, the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step.

Greene0Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 02:23 AM   #4
Too Shy

I am currently:

This is a lovely post to read :)

That sounds like a brilliant goal to work towards, and college is a really great motivation to work to become free of self-harm for! It gives you the best chance of having the amazing, happy, fun time you should have there. :)

Well done for managing to distract yourself despite those strong triggers. That's a massive achievement, and something you should be really proud of. The urges will be there sometimes and triggers will happen, slip-ups may happen, but it sounds like you've got some great tools there to help you cope with them.

Good luck for staying clean - you can do this. :)

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 01:59 AM   #5
chopingirl1810

I am currently:

You all are awesome.. Thanks for the wonderful replies! We can all reach our goals, even if we make some mistakes...

"Mistakes and failures are great teachers. They provide the opportunity to learn and grow stronger, and more capable. The only ones who never fail, are those who never try."

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Thoreau

"I can't rewrite what's already perfect."--Amadeus, the Movie

chopingirl1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #6
OmegaWolf86

I am currently:

This is awesome and inspiring. Keep it up.

OmegaWolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)