RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
what do you think?

Do you think that what you wear tells a lot about your personality? any views or opinions?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i had to write an article about it at my exams today and i need opinions. i think i wrote irrelevant things!

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
over and out

I am currently:

Yes I think it does, because you tend to "label" a person based on what they look like. Therefore if they are wearing what a typical "emo" wears then then you will label them that, the same for chavs. Ok I may ramble ... but if someones labelled emo then you tend to think about cutting, depressed, music, homosexual...etc. Whilst see a chav you think hooligan, idiot, stupid, jeremy kyle, that sort of stuff. (not my views just the stereotypes) So yea... what you wear tends to get you labels. I know that what I wear tends to go with my personality. If I'm feeling down i'll try to wear baggy clothes and make myself invisible. If I'm ok then I'll wear what I want to wear like my multi-coloured belt and my Bright blue jeans and a bright top etc.

over and out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Tuesday

I'd say so...I mean, virtually everything you do reflects something about yourself.

Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
LilTom

I am currently:

My clothing somewhat reflects my musical taste, and as such what sub culture I identify with. So yeah, clothing says a lot. Wouldn't rule someone out as a friend because of it though, because I wouldn't for their musical taste or sub culture anyways.

And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possesed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! -- Not a vegetarian

LilTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i wrote that it goes with the mood and not with the personality. but isn't mood the personality?

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 10-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
The Unicorn

I am currently:

I think it tells alot about what you want people to think of you but not nessicarily of your true personality..

The Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i wrote about emo people that they wear black(i think?)because they feel bad inside and sometimes they are depressed. i also mentioned that they cut and some believe its for attention. and that people who are depressed wear dark colored clothes, but other people wear either dark or bright, depending on their mood. is it irrelevant? that i mentioned emo and depression and cutting? i think it is.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 10-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!

I am currently:

I defiantely agree with the mood thing. I'm more likely to wear black if I'm in an antisocial or depressed mood, and bright colours when I'm happy. But I do buy clothes that I think reflect who I am, whatever that means.

Maybe you could say someone who always wears a suit all the time, even on their days off is someone more highly strung or proud, and someone who wears joggers constantly as laid back. Hm.

Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.

rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #10
The Unicorn

I am currently:

Not really, thats generalizing depression with emo and black. i know people who have depression and wear neon colors because it makes them feel better.

The Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

was i out of the subject?

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 10-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
Treefingers
we are bound by symmetry

I am currently:

Yeah, as much as we all like to think we don't judge people, we do it anyway.

For me, I wear mostly second-hand clothing so I assume people see me as careless or lazy. I just don't want to spend more money than I have to is all.

Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #13
Lou Lou
hell on high heels

I am currently:

I mostly wear what makes me comfortable - but it tends to reflect the mood I'm in.

Some days that is jeans and a baggy hoodie...those days seem to be the days when I feel really bummed and self concious.

Other days I'll wear a pretty top and a skirt...those days I tend to feel quite good about myself and confident

Other days I wear jeans and band T shirts...perhaps these days I feel the need to be a billboard :p

When the world says give up
Hope whispers try one more time

Lou Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #14
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

I just wear what's clean in my cupboard lol

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #15
Rawrk

I go with colours, normally.
However, my bed covers match my mood.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
deadstar

I am currently:

I must admit to do tend to have preconceptions of people regarding what they are wearing.
However, i just throw on whatevers on my floor.
I think deciding what someone is like because of their clothes is stupid but i have to say, i have done it myself.

deadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
Anouska
when i fall, no one catch me

I am currently:

What i wear does reflect how i feel, since i have been happier what i wear and my make up has been different ( so my mates have said) and when i feel down i go back to wearing black and longsleeves etc

when i fall, no one catch me
alone lonely, i'll overdose slowly
get scared, i'll scream and shout
but you know it wont matter she'll be passing out

Anouska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #18
Fitzwilliam

I am currently:

I don't think it does. Coz I wear random things. Stuff from like gothic things, to more "in fashion" things if you get me?

So if my clothes did say something about me, I have no idea what. =/
I just think it's personal taste, like music. It may say a tad bit about you, but not much.

'Coincidence...it's what the Universe does for...fun.'
The Doctor

Fitzwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #19
Shadowsaurus
Left.

I wear a mixture of everything. seriously.
I go from black skinnies, thick glasses and a white top with something I've designed on it,
to wearing a pretty red dress with dainty shoes and my light glasses.
Then today I am wearing a very victorian sort of style with frills and browns and creams and my light glasses.
Tomorrow I shall be in my trackie bottoms and hoodie.
Then somedays, I look just "normal" t-shirt and jeans!
So in my opinion, and personal to my own experience, the way I dress does not reflect my personality!

Shadowsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #20
user_name

I am currently:

Some people wear what they think they should wear not want they want to wear so it wouldn't reflect on their personality.

user_name is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)