Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Lemur
Jessy

I am currently:
Trazodone??

I have been prescribed 200mg of trazodone and wondered what people's experiences of it are? I'm taking it at night (tonight will be my first one) - just not sure what to expect! I tend to get side effects quite badly from medication (venlafaxine was almost unbearable) so anyone's experiences will be helpful :)

Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

i used to take it a while ago as an everyday med and it had no effect. i now take it prn and it knocks me out loads. i take 100mg if just want to sleep at night, or 200mg if want to lose the night and the next day. when things are really tough i take up to 400mg (its ok, psych team no about this).

It does knock me out pretty quickly, but at doses above 300mg i get a real hangover feeling. and often a headache the next day. this wasnt the case when taking it regularly as i guess you get used to it, but now its prn its more effective but with more of a hangover.

however, remember everyones different.

Qualified Peer Support Worker (2017)

current mental health diagnoses: depression, PTSD, GAD, self harm, bpd

current meds (as at Feb 2017): , thyroxine, metformin, iron, b12, vit d, atenolol, Butec, Naproxen, Nefopam, Lanzoprazole, Bupropion, quetiapine (prn)

_wendy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

I was on this, although I can't remember the dose.
I only stayed on it a week, made me beyond drowsy! Was a walking zombie! Although I was prescribed it for sleep purposes.

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
Lemur
Jessy

I am currently:

Well I had my first one ten minutes ago so ill see how it effects me, thanks. :)

Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Tig

Good luck Jessy :)

I found it really effective in treating my depression but unfortunately the side effects were too bad for me. I have quite a low blood pressure and the trazodone made it even lower so I was fainting a lot which is a bit of a shame!

Hope it goes well for you. x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Lemur
Jessy

I am currently:

I tend to get all the bad side effects from meds so we'll see how I get on. I feel a bit flustered and my hearts racing but I can cope with that! Hopefully this one will be okay, wasn't overly optimistic when other meds have been crap! But we'll see. Thanks Tig x

Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

how did last night go Lemur?

current meds (as at Feb 2017): , thyroxine, metformin, iron, b12, vit d, atenolol, Butec, Naproxen, Nefopam, Lanzoprazole, Bupropion, quetiapine (prn)

Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
Lemur
Jessy

I am currently:

Do not like it at all! Side effects are horrible, it certainly didn't knock me out, it made it really difficult to sleep and today I felt like I've had the hangover from hell!
Just had my second dose and I'm feeling the side effects starting to kick in again. I feel sick and dizzy, my hearts racing and it's very difficult to swallow. I have to be up at 6am for work too. I do hope the side effects wear off soon cause its made me feel awful :( x

Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
Lemur
Jessy

I am currently:

Over an hour later and I'm still laid here unable to sleep grr!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
TheGiantPanda

I took trazodone back in may. Worst drug i have ever had. Had severe dizzyness so that i couldnt get out of bed, fainty, bad rash and accute urinary retention which meant i had to have a cathetar for a week. Its scared me from taking any kind of drug it was that bad. Thats my experience, but everybody is different and some find it helpful. If youre not happy taking it, dont take it.
Hope youre okay :)

TheGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

i would stick with it for few more days as side effects can be worse to start with. but, if they continue it would be worth seeing the doc again and discussing them. i never take them on a work night as they make me feel so out of it the next day. but then, i take them prn so dont get used to them. when i took them regularly the after effect wasnt nearly as bad.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)