RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #61
lydia.

butlers & insomnia are farrrrrrrrrr better than starbucks. get yo buttts to ireland people!

lydia. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #62
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Costa is ok in a pinch (pinch being not a lot of money)
But overall I love starbucks. Failing that I go to Cafe Nero or a lovely little cafe in my local area called Pantry Green. They do a nice cheap cappaucino and a beautiful hot chocolate

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 AM   #63
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
I don't drink starbucks because of their unethical practises.
Quote:
but they don't let their workers join trade unions and saturate the market with coffee shops forcing smaller local ones out of business. Once the local ones have closed down, starbucks then closes some of it's stores leaving it with a market monopoly. You can get fairtrade coffee from sources a lot more ethical than starbucks.

Also only 6% of their products are actually certified fairtrade and o.4% of their profits are spent on charitable works. Means they get the kudos of fairtrade without the effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumple... View Post
Oh my god, how can you people choke down the junk that Starbucks try to pass off as coffee? As Heidi has already said, they're hardly the best company to give money to but if you look at them surely for quality of their drinks it's.. well.. horrific. Too milky, too hot, too cold, re-steaming milk, using old cold foam, pouring pathetic shots. God, honestly, I've never had a nice drink from Starbucks, they need to learn HOW to make a proper coffee, well made, smooth and silky. God, I hate how people think they're amazing. More people are now coming back to small business cafes because they know there's a chance they'll have a GOOD coffee and at a decent price atleast. I hate seeing people make bad coffee, especially when they have the cheek to call themselves a barista, you need skill and knowledge to be a proper barista, dammit >_<
QFT.

&& then buffy staked edward. the end.

Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #64
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

here they haven't put the christmas cups...

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #65
RenewedHope
formerly: Ghosted Liberation &amp;amp; GhostsInSnow

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by control freak View Post
I hate the hot chocs in costa. They taste weird and come in a really strange tall glass balanced on a tiny plate!
Agreed. I had one to take out from costa cuz I was waiting for a gig to start and it was the most disgusting hot chocolate I ever had >.<

RenewedHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:36 AM   #66
Dicky T

Quote:
but they don't let their workers join trade unions and saturate the market with coffee shops forcing smaller local ones out of business. Once the local ones have closed down, starbucks then closes some of it's stores leaving it with a market monopoly. You can get fairtrade coffee from sources a lot more ethical than starbucks.

Also only 6% of their products are actually certified fairtrade and o.4% of their profits are spent on charitable works. Means they get the kudos of fairtrade without the effort.

Isn't that like...every other large chain ever?
Isn't Tescos, the food giant, even starting to take over other large chains due to basically the same thing? Don't alot of food chains also constantly screw over producers by making large orders and cancelling them at last minute to save money? Doesn't this crap happen EVERYWHERE?

I LOVE Starbucks coffee, I usually go for a Latte...because I'm just that adventurous.

Dicky!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #67
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky T View Post
Isn't that like...every other large chain ever?
Isn't Tescos, the food giant, even starting to take over other large chains due to basically the same thing? Don't alot of food chains also constantly screw over producers by making large orders and cancelling them at last minute to save money? Doesn't this crap happen EVERYWHERE?
Pretty much. But that's the evils of capitalism for you. I think Tesco are still disputing a decision to not allow them to open a store on Arran. The residents are happy with their Co-op are don't want a Tesco. Tesco said that it's unfair. Bit rich coming from the chain who open a store everywhere and drive out local traders, and even other smaller chains.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #68
amethyst

Ages ago I went to Starbucks and my friend got me some frozen strawberry thing, it was really nice :D

Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM   #69
oedipus
protege-moi, protege-moi

I am currently:

double shot espresso frappucino with half a shot of caramel (causei 'm just that fussy and the normal caramel coffee ones are just far too sweet for me)
or a skinny extra shot extra hot sugar free vanilla latte :D
confusing, huh?

If only you'd ever speak to me
the way you once did
look at me the way you once did
pull to me the way you once did
but you don't
you don't feel anymore
you don't care anymore
it's all gone
it's all gone

oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #70
whirlpools

ahh Starbucks is my secret shame.
in summer i have Raspberry Blackcurrant Frappucino
in winter i just have steamed skimmed milk, then i put cinnamon and chocolate powder on top. i tried it with their syrup shots but they're too sweet for me, and i don't like coffee, and i'm too poor for it all anyway, and steamed milk is the "cheapest". luckily i watch them put the milk in so i know they don't re-steam it. it is expensive though.
i think i just like those little sippy cups with the cardboard thing around so it doesn't burn your hands. comforting in the winter.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:53 AM   #71
Race The Dream
I love myself and I wanna live...

In summer I live off the berry frappucinos.
In winter it's all about chai lattes made with soy milk :)

Tonight I'm alive just to say I love you to death.

Race The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)