RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-10-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
Batman
I am the night.

I am currently:
*Trigger Warning* Rambling

I put a trigger warning on this post because I have no idea what I'm going to say when I get in to it. I really just needed somewhere to get it out and I can't get into the chat to just be around like-minded people because my computer refuses to dissolve the DNS server and find an IP address.

This may not even be the forum that I should be in.

I was in recovery for so long that I forgot what all this can feel like - the addiction to it, the hiding, the lying, the feelings of nothing. Recently, something in me has snapped and I haven't been handling it well. I returned to old habits and I am not sure how to reconcile who I am now with who I was last week with who I was last year.

I have been the strong one for so long. Mr. Doesn't Talk About His Feelings, Mr. Always Okay, Mr. Helps Everyone. I don't know how to handle being Mr. Broken, Mr. Don't Talk To Me, Mr. I Can't Do This Today.

So, I've been punching walls. I've been hurting myself. I've been controlling the pain in my life to deal with the feelings in my chest, to be able to be there for the people who have come to depend on me.

I think that this is what breaking feels like. I sat in the hospital parking lot for a few hours yesterday. I considered going inside. I considered letting them keep me. I'm not sure if that potential decision was measured by fear or by a desire to not be responsible for anything for a few days. I ended up leaving without ever going inside.

I'm not an immediate danger to myself or others, so I don't need to be there. I don't know where I need to be at all. So, I came back here. I came back to people who I know will listen without judging. I'm just here to vent. Thanks for reading.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey, well done for posting and I hope it helped to get those feelings out to give you a bit of a break from being the 'strong one'; that gets tiring after a while! It sounds like you're having quite a rough time at the moment. Where do you want to go from here? Do you feel ready to fight back and try to get some help?

With regards to chat, have you seen this thread? I don't know if that's perhaps why you're struggling with getting into chat.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #3
Batman
I am the night.

I am currently:

Thank you, it really did help to just kind of get it all out there instead of screaming it at someone who didn't deserve it.

I don't know about fighting yet, but I'm here to gather my strength.

I hadn't seen that thread! Thank you so much!

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

No problem. I hope it helps and you are welcome to post here too if you wish :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)