RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Han7777777

I am currently:
Contains sexual abuse - I reported it to the police this week

On Wednesday I reported being raped when I was 17 to the police. Since my daughter was born everything was brought back to the surface again and I considered reporting it for the first time since it happened. It has taken me months to decide whether it's a wise thing to do. I rang 101 and they sent two police officers to take a statement from me the same day. I don't want it to go to court or anything since it happened so long ago. I just wanted it on record. I knew that I would find it hard to speak about and thankfully they let me write the parts I couldn't say. I'm not going to do a video interview which is what they would normally do next because I'm too unwell and still can't speak about most of it, but they still have to interview him because of the seriousness of the offence whether I want them to or not once they have tracked him down. I feel scared about my safety. I'm worried that when the police interview him, his family will come after me. I'm doubting whether I did the right thing.

'I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, in whom I take refuge, my sheild and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.'
Psalm 18:1-2

Han7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Well done for reporting it. I can appreciate that that must have been so incredibly difficult and that the thought of them speaking to him is quite scary.

Did the police give you an option to contact anyone from victim support? Hopefully they will be able to offer you some help with what you're going through.

For what it's worth I think you did do the right thing and I think you're really brave for having done so.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)