RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:
rant about my dad

i spoke to my dad today, contact with him has been erratic, he left when i was 5.

he had a major stroke last year because he is an alcoholic, yet he still drinks. he also has psychosis induced by the alcohol. he has been sectioned and in prison and in rehab.

he is going to rehab again for 6 months. apparently in Hertfordshire, he doesn't know where in Hertfordshire or when he is going. But he has said they have already agreed to drive him to come and see me (which is weird because he will be in there for alcohol problems, i doubt they will drive him to see anyone, especially as they have no idea if i will give him alcohol or something, which i would never do, but they dont know that)

he is also saying a load of crap about my mum. he said he heard that she was in love with someone other than her husband (my step-dad) and someone else was in love with her.
im pretty sure this is bullshit, but i dont know why he would say that? for what purpose?
i know hes not very well, but it still hurt.

and i dont know if its just me being paranoid, but i think he sounds more aggressive than he used to. hes never been an aggressive person, he was in prison for ABH, but i never heard the entire story.

i just dont know what has happened to him. i dont know what to believe. im thinking about asking him for his care coordinators phone number so i can ask him/her. im worried about him.
he nearly died last year because of drinking, and he still cant walk, talk or see properly, and yet he still drinks.

i dont know what to do? i dont know if there is anything i can do.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Lilo

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
i spoke to my dad today, contact with him has been erratic, he left when i was 5.

he had a major stroke last year because he is an alcoholic, yet he still drinks. he also has psychosis induced by the alcohol.

he is also saying a load of crap about my mum. he said he heard that she was in love with someone other than her husband (my step-dad) and someone else was in love with her.
im pretty sure this is bullshit, but i dont know why he would say that? for what purpose?
i know hes not very well, but it still hurt.

and i dont know if its just me being paranoid, but i think he sounds more aggressive than he used to. hes never been an aggressive person, he was in prison for ABH, but i never heard the entire story.

i just dont know what has happened to him. i dont know what to believe. im thinking about asking him for his care coordinators phone number so i can ask him/her. im worried about him.
he nearly died last year because of drinking, and he still cant walk, talk or see properly, and yet he still drinks.

i dont know what to do? i dont know if there is anything i can do.
It must be really hard on you right now as youre obviously trying to look after yourself and the baby while worrying about your Dad.

But first things first, yes he is your dad so you obviously love and care about him but don't want to see him killing himself or ruining his body/mind with alcohol. But he's an adult, and as much as you want him to stop he will only stop when he finds a substitute for alcohol or is on the verge of death. I'm wondering if
he uses alcohol to forget things and maybe because he's lonely?

Also my parents split up when I was 4 and 14 years later they still make accusations about each other while saying they are over the divorce. But anything your dad says about you mum disregard it until you get an answer from your mum yourself. He's basically trying to play mind games and is trying to make you feel bad.

Keep looking after yourself as right now you and the baby are the main preorities

Xxx

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

thanks Laura :)

i would have thought the stroke would have at least made him think, he has/had a bleed on the brain and fluid in his chest because of the falls he kept having.

every time he comes out of rehab or similar, he says its different and he has changed. he never does.

i know it sounds really horrible, but i dont know if i want him to be involved in my baby's life. for lots of reasons.

im seeing my mum today, but im not going to tell her about what he said. to be honest, its none of my business what she does, its probably bullshit anyway, and if it is true, i wouldnt be overly upset, my step-dad is still not talking to me and is an idiot.

im trying not to get too stressed about it :)

xx

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)