RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #61
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Could you get it changed to a phone appointment?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Old 12-02-2015, 01:21 PM   #62
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I did ask but she wouldn't let me!!
I need the prescription as well because even though I'm not an overdose risk now I still have to have them weekly because they want to make sure I actually go to my appointments!
I'll get it sorted! Work were pretty understanding last time and I know someone will be able to cover my shift because I'm going to cover someone else's shift because they want to attend a residents funeral. And someone still owes me a long day from the other week!
I might cancel the one on Monday and then I can talk to the manager on Monday and go to the appointment on Wednesday If I can get that day off! If not, I'll sort something else out!!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 12-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #63
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

It was the monday one I was thinking about the phone call... hopefully someone will be able to cover your shift.

It sounds like this new surgery is well suited to you!

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Old 12-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #64
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

We shall see!!

I don't know about the depakote tbh. I asked about effects on the epilepsy group because it's also a seizure med and I know people who have been on it and everyone said about depression and weight gain and hair loss!!
I don't want to be depressed!! And I really don't fancy losing my hair or gaining weight cos I only lost all the weight from the years of psych meds after coming off them all!!!
And I certainly don't want to risk these side effects just because some doctor thinks I'm too happy!!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 12-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #65
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I've been on sodium valproate which is like the sister med to depakote, and I didnt get any of those side effects.

Side effects are rare, but those who do get them are very vocal in warning others so it seems like they happen more than they do! I'm sure if you look at the side effects for the lamotrigine you'll see nasty ones that you've never had.

Personally I'd say give it a try for a month and if you don't like it then you can tell the GP.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #66
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Hope you have fun with your friend later Beckie :)
I think it's really important that you go to the review appointment. It sounds like your GP is covering all the bases so you get the right support which I'm sure is what you want too right?
<3

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #67
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I might give it a go!! I just don't think it's necessary!
What if they have some ulterior motive?
because if you think about it, apparently I've been like this before and with my psych and Cpn too!! But If they wrote down that I was 'in a good mood' then why would this Gp who has Met me 3 times want to put me on medication to bring me down from a good mood?!
It doesn't make sense does it?! Suspicious much!!!

I don't need support right now!

I had a lot of fun with my friend!! I made her laugh so much she couldn't even talk!!! it was hilarious!
Apart from I partially dislocated my shoulder so she took me downstairs to minor injuries but it had closed so we went to fracture clinic reception (because it happened to be right there anyway!) just to ask for a sling abs she said go and see someone from the clinic and he put me in a sling and strapped it round my waist so **** knows how I'm going to get this thing off!!!
He said I shouldn't work for a while but I don't think it's that bad and tbh this sling is coming off as soon as I get home because it's really ****ing annoying! !!!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 12-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #68
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but if you aren't able to act 'normal'/professional in front of CQC inspectors then maybe you shouldn't be at work at all. If it helps you can use your shoulder as the reason for calling in sick and that way you'll be able to make it to your doctors appointments.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Old 12-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #69
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I'm fine to work!! I'm doing even better in fact!!!

I hate calling in sick and I need to be at work and running around and doing stuff!!! they've already said I've been off sick too much and I might have to leave if it keeps happening! Although I don't know if it just applies to seizures or not. Meh
Anyway! I'll be totally fine! Better than fine!!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 PM   #70
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

You said in the past (on RYL somewhere) that you in retrospect knew you were hypomanic and the psychiatrist was incompetent and wrote "good mood". So really this new GP is actually doing her job properly, unlike your old CMHT.

I agree with Hannah, if they had to hide you from the CQC inspector and told you to calm down then you're not well enough to be at work. What if you got distracted and someone had a bad fall? If the other staff have to keep an eye on you then it adds to their workload.

Please at least start taking the depakote, and stop the venlafaxine (as your GP directed). It's very concerning that you don't seem to have any insight into what's going on, and it's not responsible to cancel your appointments and go to work with vulnerable people when you're ill and vulnerable yourself!

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

Old 12-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #71
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

But I'm not ill!!! I'm like the polar opposite to ill!

Only ome of the other staff was actually like checking up on stuff and was checking that I did stuff right and I was like 'why don't you trust me?!' And she said something like 'I just need to check you haven't missed anything because you're too hyper!!'
Like wtf?! I am MORE attentive and MORE efficient when I'm happy and I'm NOT too hyper and I definitely don't need to be off sick!!!

I havent taken the depakote, i need to think.more! !and I took the venlafaxine but tbf I only took the venlafaxine because I genuinely forgot I wasn't meant to take it. Which is a huge turnaround from forgetting to take my meds all the time and now I'm forgetting NOT to take them XD

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 12-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #72
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I think you're being quite irresponsible tbh. If you want to ignore the doctor's suggestions about medication and continue being "happy" then that is your decision (up until it isn't, of course) but to go to work when you're not capable of acting well and professional in front of inspectors and when other staff feel that they have to check up on your actions is unfair and unprofessional. You might feel that you're super well but clearly everyone else disagrees and in that case I really don't see how you can justify going to work and putting yourself in a position where you're supposed to be caring for vulnerable people. If someone else was being told the same things by everyone around them, would you want them looking after your daughter? I certainly wouldn't want someone in that situation caring for a relative of mine. Does your GP know what you do as a job? Have you discussed with her whether you should be working? If not, that is your responsibility to do so.

Get rid of the venlafaxine (take it in to a pharmacy). That way you won't forget not to take it.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Old 13-02-2015, 12:00 AM   #73
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Gp didn't mention it and yeah she does know what I do!

People just can't keep up with me!! Ordinary people can't deal with extraordinary people! !
But I'm in no way putting anyone in danger at all!!

I will get rI'd of the venlafaxine though!! :/

I just need time to think about the depakote! I'm not ignoring the Gp but I really really don't see more meds as necessary! !

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-02-2015, 12:23 AM   #74
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

What you chose to do or not do with your meds is up to you. If your colleagues etc are hiding you from the cqc or checking up on you though then maybe you should take a minute to consider things. You might feel fine, you might we'll BE fine for all I know, hell you may be putting it on for attention, it doesn't matter. What matters is that your colleagues who, alongside you are responsible for caring for people who have no choice but to rely on you, are taking time out to supervise what you do because they don't trust you to do things properly. How is that fair on the residents or your colleagues? Your job is to care for these people, not take care away from them because your colleagues don't trust you to fulfil their needs. Would you be happy if one of Jasmine's teaching assistants or nursery workers was behaving in a way that meant they couldn't be trusted in front of the CQC or without someone taking time away from jasmine to check they hadn't endangered any other child? Do what you want with your own health and meds, but don't **** around when you are responsible for people that have no control themselves.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 13-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #75
ParanormalChickenGeek

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
What you chose to do or not do with your meds is up to you. If your colleagues etc are hiding you from the cqc or checking up on you though then maybe you should take a minute to consider things. You might feel fine, you might we'll BE fine for all I know, hell you may be putting it on for attention, it doesn't matter. What matters is that your colleagues who, alongside you are responsible for caring for people who have no choice but to rely on you, are taking time out to supervise what you do because they don't trust you to do things properly. How is that fair on the residents or your colleagues? Your job is to care for these people, not take care away from them because your colleagues don't trust you to fulfil their needs. Would you be happy if one of Jasmine's teaching assistants or nursery workers was behaving in a way that meant they couldn't be trusted in front of the CQC or without someone taking time away from jasmine to check they hadn't endangered any other child? Do what you want with your own health and meds, but don't **** around when you are responsible for people that have no control themselves.
^ this.

Please think about your actions. Like I said earlier on in the thread, you are in a position of caring for vulnerable people and putting others at risk whilst you're vulnerable yourself is not fair. If you continue to go into work in this state it could end up affecting your CRB and then you will have no choice about working in healthcare because you simply won't be allowed.

We're all architects of our own private hell
No-one can hurt us like we hurt ourselves...

Old 13-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #76
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

There Is Nothing Wrong With Me!!!!!!!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #77
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I'm not putting anyone else in danger and I wouldn't go into work if I was! !!
And my colleague was not having to take time out to check stuff and I was still doing things on my own it was just like the tea trolley and making sure I didn't forget things!!!

I'm. Fine. I'm better than fine! !!
Gah!!!
Why doesn't anyone understand?!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #78
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I think when everyone but yourself thinks you are unwell then you need to take that on board. I know its hard, but you currently cant see whats going on because you are in the middle of it. When you come out of this episode you would really feel upset if your actions led to you being sectioned or being fired from work all because you ignored the advice of your doctor and everyone else around you. We are all saying this because we are concerned. Please, just try the depakote.

Old 13-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #79
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

But I feel so amazing!!! How can being happy be an illness?! It doesn't make any sense!

I have called in sick to work at least until Monday because I'm struggling to move my arm because stupid shoulder!! Probably going to have to try and put this damn sling back.on!!! I can't afford to miss work!!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 13-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #80
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Okay then, how about you see your doctor monday as planned and you discuss why you dont want to take the depakote?

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)