RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #41
Sketchy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy View Post
You lot may be thinking that this is a little out of character. Well I've just about had it with the seizures and I want to get them sorted
Don't worry. I still see a lot of pro/anti psych arguments in the future. See I'm against the mh services but open to 'proper' medical care. Also I have a plan if things go badly wrong (which they probably will, knowing my luck)
Stop over analyzing! The mental health care I recieve is "proper" medical care. I know you are against it and I truly respect that, but please remember some of us here are relying on mh help and have found it helpful. Comments like this can be hard to hear.

I know it's hard, but try not to over think of the possible scenarios and outcomes. Just get the help you need!

Old 31-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #42
Bishop
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Our out of hours care isn't in a hospital. In fact, it isn't back home when I'm not at uni either

Old 31-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #43
Derpy

I am currently:

Off to out of hours clinic... almost didn't have to go but then stupidly (in hindsight) said I'd accidentally overdosed on paracetamol (I had a 'migraine' and was semi conscious at the time)

Old 31-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #44
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Our out of hours care isn't in a hospital. In fact, it isn't back home when I'm not at uni either
And where I am it is... problem?

Old 31-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #45
Bishop

I am currently:

Have fun at out of hours. I doubt it'll be of any use but who knows. Miracles happen

Old 01-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #46
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I hope it goes okay. Let us know how you are.

You *do* have a GP. You'll still be registered at your previous practice. It would, however, make much more sense to register with one at uni, and if you want to receive any treatment / referrals, you'll probably have to.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Old 01-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #47
Derpy

I am currently:

Been sent to a&e for bloods

Old 01-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #48
Derpy

I am currently:
done with hospitals

I'm f***ing done with hospitals
I wasted six hours doing that. All they did was bloods to check my liver function and said "you're fine" they didn't even do any neurological tests or even refer me to a neurologist
They are incompetent obviously so that's it. I'm not making any more special efforts to go to hospital again. That's the second time I've gone to a hospital and they didn't even do relevant tests to why I went (the seizures/fits, which would probably be a neurological exam)
So I'm walking home and when I get back I'm gonna go to bed and seize until I fall asleep

Old 01-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #49
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

You know what might help tl you to get some proper care for the seizures?

See a doctor. You can have a long in depth discussion about your symptoms which may not have been able to happ in a&e.

Did they discuss the seizures with you?

Sorry you didn't find them helpful.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #50
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

When you went to A&E (which it seemed they wanted you to do because you mentioned an OD) what did they ask you about, and seem most concerned about?

It seems to me they were worried about the OD, checked your liver and decided you were not about to die from it and sent you home.

Did you talk about the seizures? They might have thought they were a side effect of the OD you took rather than a separate issue.

Don't give up. I think seeing your GP would be best.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #51
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

did you mention the shaking to them?

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #52
offlineforever
Left RYL

What did you want them to do?

Left.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #53
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White. View Post
You know what might help tl you to get some proper care for the seizures?

See a doctor. You can have a long in depth discussion about your symptoms which may not have been able to happ in a&e.
After that? No chance. I'm not waiting to get an appointment, waiting for a referral to get scans done, waiting for the results of the scan when they'll probably misread the results, incompetent. What I should have said is I am done with the NHS. From my experiences with them, they are pretty incompetent

Quote:
Did they discuss the seizures with you?
Briefly. They didn't really seem that interested in them

Quote:
Sorry you didn't find them helpful.
Not your fault. They're the incompetent ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock holmes View Post
When you went to A&E (which it seemed they wanted you to do because you mentioned an OD) what did they ask you about, and seem most concerned about?
Obsessively concerned about the od to the exclusion of everything else

Quote:
It seems to me they were worried about the OD, checked your liver and decided you were not about to die from it and sent you home.
Ah yes of course it's clear to me now... I wasn't dying so they didn't see a need to help me at all, nor could they drug me up (make money out of me) and get rid of me so they just got rid of me.
As I said, the only part of my body that these overdoses haven't touched is my liver.
Brain - seizure things
Heart & chest - chest pain and hard working heart

Quote:
Did you talk about the seizures? They might have thought they were a side effect of the OD you took rather than a separate issue.
I tried to. They didn't seem that interested.

Quote:
Don't give up. I think seeing your GP would be best.
A. That's easy, only 100 miles away
B. I've given up on the NHS fools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacoethes View Post
did you mention the shaking to them?
Tried to, didn't seem that interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonliestGirl View Post
What did you want them to do?
Their job?

Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #54
Wonderland.

Is there anything else you want out of this thread?

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Old 01-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #55
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Well I'm sorry you had a bad experience. If you've decided you wont seek further help then there's not a lot we can do for you, unless you want support in going back again or registering with a GP nearby.

You could always try going private but I imagine it's very expensive.

Or try a different A&E/hospital, maybe during the day when they have more resources available. Personally if I were you I wouldn't give up, I'd keep going back until I got an answer.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #56
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Hi there. I'm sorry it didn't go well. It's possible they weren't aware of them, but it sounds like they perhaps didn't view them as seizures, which was why they didn't refer for neuro tests/react as you would like. Did they say anything at all about them?

Also hospitals don't make money out of medication; they lose money, especially considering most medications are heavily subsidised.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #57
Wellingtons

At least you proved everyone on this thread right that the NHS don't section people just for taking an overdose. You seem to have lost sight of that.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #58
offlineforever
Left RYL

But they did their jobs!

Left.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #59
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

That's a good point Wellingtons.

Derpy has that made you feel a bit more safer knowing that you can go to A&E after ODing and they havent sectioned you or forced you to see a psychiatrist?

Old 02-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #60
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Well I'm sorry you had a bad experience. If you've decided you wont seek further help then there's not a lot we can do for you, unless you want support in going back again or registering with a GP nearby.

You could always try going private but I imagine it's very expensive.

Or try a different A&E/hospital, maybe during the day when they have more resources available. Personally if I were you I wouldn't give up, I'd keep going back until I got an answer.
Why are you still trying to get me to see a doctor? Obviously either I'm fine or they're not competent enough to find the problem (personally I think it's the second one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
Hi there. I'm sorry it didn't go well. It's possible they weren't aware of them, but it sounds like they perhaps didn't view them as seizures, which was why they didn't refer for neuro tests/react as you would like. Did they say anything at all about them?
They weren't interested. The 111 person was more helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
Also hospitals don't make money out of medication; they lose money, especially considering most medications are heavily subsidised.
News to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellingtons View Post
At least you proved everyone on this thread right that the NHS don't section people just for taking an overdose. You seem to have lost sight of that.
Haha I said it was accidental. I bet if I'd told them the truth I'd have been put on the ward for suicide watch ;) but I'm not going to make it easy for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonliestGirl View Post
But they did their jobs!
I don't think so. Not even one test was run for why I went in, the seizures!

Quote:
That's a good point Wellingtons.

Derpy has that made you feel a bit more safer knowing that you can go to A&E after ODing and they havent sectioned you or forced you to see a psychiatrist?
I did not tell them that it was deliberate. I said it was accidental remember? ;) 'migraine' haha. What amazed me the most was that it actually worked

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)