RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #3481
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Thank you both of you.

I had a great time in Hove with my friend after all (I slept over at hers).

It took me 1 hour 56 minutes to get home from her flat though....but I loved the train journey; I was playing "spot the station" lol as it was a fast train from Hove to East Croydon (only two stops in between: Haywards Heath and Gatwick Airport) and I was zooming through multiple rail stations. I think I was going at 100mph :). I was fortunate that I didn't have to change trains at Brighton as I was on the train direct (as in it came from Littlehampton and was going to London Victoria).

I am totally exhausted though.

I got my glasses fixed and the psychotherapist was really good.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #3482
Ellyx
Ella

I am currently:

Awesome, Yes i love hove, hope you had a good time, don't live far from there myself :)
How are you today?

Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality

Ellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #3483
Steel Maiden

Thank you Ella. I had a good time indeed. My friend also has autism so we talked about it a lot and I realised that I am not weird or defective, I am just different.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 18-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #3484
Ellyx
Ella

I am currently:

Glad you had a good time. I often feel the same about myself, it definetly helps talking to people who also have autism.

Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality

Ellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #3485
Zombie..

I am currently:

Glad you had a good time at your friends and that you enjoyed going on the train.
:hug:

Zombie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #3486
Steel Maiden

Thanks. Yes it does help. And trains are great.

I am housebound for today because I have my period. My periods are very heavy so I cannot leave the house. I had to take tranexamic acid, hyoscine butylbromide, paracetamol and ferrous sulphate. Just for my period. I cannot take mefenamic acid because I cannot take NSAIDs (I have von Willebrand's disease). My IBS gets worse during my period as well.

I am not going on the Pill as I've heard too many stories about people having severe mood effects on it, and the side-effects list is very long in the BNF. I am already on multiple medications so I'd be concerned about interactions.

Paracetamol is the only painkiller I can take because I can't take NSAIDs and opioid painkillers (e.g. codeine) make me go very manic; last time I took codeine I was manic for three days straight and did not sleep at all for those three days.

So I suppose I'll just have to put up with my periods.

How are you Ella and Alexx21?

Last edited by Steel Maiden : 19-02-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: additional

Old 19-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #3487
Zombie..

I am currently:

Am not that great at the moment voices are really getting to me at the moment there telling me that i must die am feeling like i should die too ...i need to take my medication but my husband is still a sleep and dont want to be woke up unil 11am so i have to hold on.

Sorry that you are having so heavy periods when i get mine i don't leave the house either because am that heavy with them and they hurt that much.
wish i could suggest something that would help with the pain apart from a hot water bottle that seems to help me some times .

Old 19-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #3488
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx21 View Post
Am not that great at the moment voices are really getting to me at the moment there telling me that i must die am feeling like i should die too ...i need to take my medication but my husband is still a sleep and dont want to be woke up unil 11am so i have to hold on.

Sorry that you are having so heavy periods when i get mine i don't leave the house either because am that heavy with them and they hurt that much.
wish i could suggest something that would help with the pain apart from a hot water bottle that seems to help me some times .
I am sorry to hear that. What support are you having for the voices? Please do not harm yourself.

Thanks. Yeah, it is horrible when they're so heavy. And me having a blood clotting disorder means mine get really heavy (because my body cannot slow down the flow of blood). I get anaemic during my periods too. Hot water bottle is a good idea, I will try that. Right now I'm waiting for all my meds to kick in.

Old 19-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #3489
Zombie..

I am currently:

Support ? i go to a hearing voices group and i have a psych that am seeing temporally because my husband says that am very paranoid and delusional ...i also have my gp and my husband supports me as well.
I'll tell my husband how am feeling when he wake up already woke him up twice now one to get me some coffee that i couldn't reach and the other to get my medication ( i just took them )
hopefully the meds will start to kick in and they voices wont be so loud...

Hot water bottle or one of those teddy things that you can put in the microwave would help as well.

Old 19-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #3490
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Support ? i go to a hearing voices group and i have a psych that am seeing temporally because my husband says that am very paranoid and delusional ...i also have my gp and my husband supports me as well.
I'll tell my husband how am feeling when he wake up already woke him up twice now one to get me some coffee that i couldn't reach and the other to get my medication ( i just took them )
hopefully the meds will start to kick in and they voices wont be so loud...

Hot water bottle or one of those teddy things that you can put in the microwave would help as well.

Do you find the support helpful? What medication(s) are you on? I am glad that your husband helps you out. Hearing voices is a horrible experience, I understand. What is the hearing voices group like?
Thanks for the advice. The paracetamol and hyoscine butylbromide are kicking now.

Old 19-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #3491
Zombie..

I am currently:

I find the support really helpful ,only just started to go to the voices group
I found what they were talking about helpful and they understand how you feel when you are hearing the voices .
We talked about different way of dealing with the voices .eg. mindfulness and distractions etc..
Medications i am on are Risperdone 6mg Chlorpromazne 250mg and Vanlafaxine 300mg
I only just had my risperidone and chlorpromzine put up
just need to wait for them to start working .
Am glad your medication has kicked in and your not in to much pain
I have read that your are also studying i want to start a collage course but my attention span is really bad but with the voices its worse how can you study with the voices going on and on ?

Old 19-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #3492
Steel Maiden

Quote:
I find the support really helpful ,only just started to go to the voices group
I found what they were talking about helpful and they understand how you feel when you are hearing the voices .
We talked about different way of dealing with the voices .eg. mindfulness and distractions etc..
Medications i am on are Risperdone 6mg Chlorpromazne 250mg and Vanlafaxine 300mg
I only just had my risperidone and chlorpromzine put up
just need to wait for them to start working .
Am glad your medication has kicked in and your not in to much pain
I have read that your are also studying i want to start a collage course but my attention span is really bad but with the voices its worse how can you study with the voices going on and on ?

That's good that the support is helping. I hope the Hearing Voices group will continue to help.
Do you get any side-effects from the medications? I was once on Risperidone and that was helpful. I have never been on Chlorpromazine but I hear its sedating, it may help if you have insomnia.
Good luck.
Thank you, I feel physically fine now.
I do not hear voices as much as I used to now. In fact I can go for an hour without hearing voices and when they do come they're not constant, they just say a few words or a sentence here and there. Occasionally they get bad and are constant, and I am learning to not to attempt to study during that time and to listen to music and clean my room (or something similar instead). I noticed that before my admissions to hospital in the past, I have either done very little work, or the work that I had done was very unproductive.
Now I am much more likely to experience paranoia and my friend says that sometimes I get delusional about the Spies. I keep trying to remind myself that the Spies aren't real though.
I have learned to take regular breaks from study and to not pressurise myself about getting top marks.
Occasionally I have a whole day of no revision and no uni work, which helps "reset" me.
Besides, my paranoia gets much worse when I am out of the house, and my revision is all done at home. I cannot revise in uni.

Old 19-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #3493
Zombie..

I am currently:

mostly i get sleepiness and dry mouth nothing else ...
Am going to register for a course in march if i remember to do it in time
on psychology.

Old 19-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #3494
Steel Maiden

Quote:
mostly i get sleepiness and dry mouth nothing else ...
Am going to register for a course in march if i remember to do it in time
on psychology.
I'm glad you don't get too many side-effects. Good luck on registering for the course; will you be getting any support? Because I get support in University and it's extremely valuable.

Old 19-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #3495
Zombie..

I am currently:

its going to be an open uni so i don't know what kinda of support i will get through that but i hope i do i have dyslexia as well
but i will look into it

Old 19-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #3496
Steel Maiden

Alexx21, good luck in getting the support.

Lucy must have had a nosebleed or something similar; she left bloodstained clothes on the kitchen surface! I didn't know there was blood on them until I was halfway through carrying them to her room!

This completely set off my OCD. I was so close to bleaching my hands and arms. I bleached the whole kitchen and bathroom (I am scared that that's where she had the nosebleed) and I cleaned the living room and my bedroom thoroughly.

I'm scared that I have a blood-borne virus now, I have washed my hands and used alcohol gel several times over. This is really upsetting.

She used my laptop and she put her damn hands into my jellybean container! I am going to buy Dettol wipes tomorrow and clean my keyboard and mouse. Right now I am using my phone to post as she hasn't touched my phone. I am going to give the jellybeans to her, I don't want to eat bacteria.

Sorry I'm freaking out.

Old 19-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #3497
Zombie..

I am currently:

its ok i understand i wouldn't be very happy about finding blood evey where either.
I wouldn't use bleach on your skin it can damage it really badly
do you have carex hand gel or hand wash because that kills 99.9 % of germs
That what i use for myself when i have touched things like that
i hope you are ok

Old 20-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #3498
Steel Maiden

Sorry. I have the alcohol gel and I used it a lot last night. I feel calmer after my sleep.

Old 20-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #3499
Zombie..

I am currently:

Am glad you feel calmer .
Today i have to go out the house and am really scared about it ...it means i have to go on buses and my thoughts and voices tell me to hurt people that are sitting near me ...my husband is coming with me but am still scared

What are you up to for the rest of today ?

Old 20-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #3500
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Maiden View Post
Alexx21, good luck in getting the support.

Lucy must have had a nosebleed or something similar; she left bloodstained clothes on the kitchen surface! I didn't know there was blood on them until I was halfway through carrying them to her room!

This completely set off my OCD. I was so close to bleaching my hands and arms. I bleached the whole kitchen and bathroom (I am scared that that's where she had the nosebleed) and I cleaned the living room and my bedroom thoroughly.

I'm scared that I have a blood-borne virus now, I have washed my hands and used alcohol gel several times over. This is really upsetting.

She used my laptop and she put her damn hands into my jellybean container! I am going to buy Dettol wipes tomorrow and clean my keyboard and mouse. Right now I am using my phone to post as she hasn't touched my phone. I am going to give the jellybeans to her, I don't want to eat bacteria.

Sorry I'm freaking out.
Hi Oly,

Im sorry your housemate left her bloodstained clothes for you to find, thats not nice at all! I very much doubt she has a blood borne virus, I understand being paranoid about that kind of thing but now you have cleaned the house and your hands try to remember that youve done the right thing and you are fine.

Can you buy yourself some new jellybeans as a treat? I think you have been really brave about the nose bleed and if she gets your old jellybeans some new ones might be nice for you. x

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)