Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-01-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:
Interrupting uni for a second time?

Hiya, I'm not round much anymore but just thought some members might be able to shed some light.

Has anyone ever interrupted uni for a second time? I'm not even sure if its a legitimate possibly but I'm seriously considering it, which is difficult to admit.

I've started second semester so I know I'd have to pay some fees so I'm a bit worried about funding as I've interrupted part way through a semester before.

My Main Man at uni is nice but not very helpful. So I'm thinking of talking to a student support person in the week. Just wanted to ask if anyone has actually done it first so I don't make a great big tit of meself.

Cheers.

Oh god I want to hear you say,
I want to hear you say that you were wrong again

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Time is the echo of an axe
Within a wood.

Sentient Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 27-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

I'm afraid I cannot speak to specifics in your country, but I've done it in mine (in the US). For me it depended on how far in in the semester it was whether or not I was able to keep my funding, as well as on my general eligibility for funding. Most semesters as it was far enough in, I was able to keep my funding and not owe, but I either had to fail the courses or take a withdrawal, which shows up on my transcript and counts against me for further aid eligibility and negatively impacts my GPA and completion pace.

I know different countries are going to work differently but my university actually had all the policies available online about it so it was easy to navigate. If its not for yours, asking someone in student support would be a good idea.

Hopefully someone with experiences in your own country can advise better, but wish you all the best. It's never an easy decision to consider or make.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 10:29 PM   #3
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

From what I remember from my time as an undergrad, most universities has a time limit on finishing degrees.

In terms of funding, if I remember correctly from my experience of repeating a semester. I had to apply for extenuating circumstances to resit the modules I was doing and didn't have to pay to redo them. I did however, get student loans to cover the living side of things.

However, I've only ever taking leave from uni once not twice. Deffo think student services are the place you need to go to find out your options

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

Thanks guys.

I've sent some emails so hopefully someone will get back to me. I'm not even 100% on what I'm going to do yet. Feeling very lost.

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Within a wood.

Old 28-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #5
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

I think uncertainty can often be the worst thing to sit with. I hope you can get some more information, as maybe that will help you figure out what steps to take next.

Is there anyone you trust, either in person, or on here with us that you can talk things through with and look at your options?

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Hey, did you get any responses to your emails and how are you feeling about your options now?

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #7
Devil Girl

I am currently:

I took time out multiple times because of my mental health, but it will depend on your university and also how this may effect your funding as well. It is worth discussing with student support. But it does sometimes get harder the more time you take out to really decide to continue with it. But in my case I had to take more time out and still managed to go back and complete the degree.

You made up your mind to torture mine!
If you read a scar like a book, you will relise the story in which you over look
red ribbons were weaving
upon the young girls skin.
a trail of red weaved deep,
caused by pain from within

Devil Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #8
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

Thanks for all your replies everyone x

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Within a wood.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)