RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
waytorecovery

I am currently:
No more hope

Third day of school and it seems like cutting is my best friend again, woo hoo -.- I believe I am never ever going to completely stop cutting because it's my way of dealing with my irrelevance, and I will always be irrelevant. That is all. Have a good day.

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

waytorecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #2
lord of luck
brynn

I am currently:

could you try reaching out to the people around you and see if that helps with feeling irrelevant? and maybe trying to decrease stress from school would help too--going running, or even just walking?

you bleed just to know you're alive

lord of luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Tig

Hey,

I'm sorry you are feeling so hopeless about ever breaking free from cutting. I know sometimes hearing this makes little difference but just in case - I also used to think I would never stop self harming. I didn't understand how I could, how I would manage the feelings that were causing it etc but now I am recovering so even though right now for you everything feels irrelevant and that you will never stop cutting, things can and do change.

x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
waytorecovery

I am currently:

Unfortunately I have no one to go to because hardly anyone gives a s*** about me, and the ones who do are unable to help me for various reasons. I really think I'm just accepting the fact that cutting is the only thing that's always there for me and I must utilize it. But thank you for your support and encouraging words.

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Old 06-09-2014, 03:53 AM   #5
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I'm sure that some people do care, even if it doesn't feel like it. Have you thought about talking to someone you trust, like a friend, or your parents or your teacher?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #6
waytorecovery

I am currently:

I could never tell my dad, and I feel like my friends just couldn't help me. It'd stress them out and I think it'd just create trouble if I told them.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #7
lord of luck
brynn

I am currently:

I'm sorry you feel like that. is there any way that you could find support in trying to recover? thinking of you <3

you bleed just to know you're alive

lord of luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
waytorecovery

I am currently:

Honestly not that I can think of right now. I only have myself. I don't know if I'll be able to stop right away but the cycle usually goes like this; something happens to trigger an urge, I give in to it, I don't throw away whatever I used, I then start doing it again and again and I don't really care at first, then I have to start hiding my arms and legs and it gets difficult, then after a while the guilt kicks in and it's always the guilt that stops me from doing it. That's when I throw away my tools and stay clean for a few months. But then I go through an awful period of feeling guilty about everything all the time. Then I go through a long period of recovery where I have the occasional urge and slip up but I've forgiven myself and am becoming happy again. And then after a period of happiness something happens again to upset me a lot and it just builds up and it's been too long so I relapse again. This is the third time it has happened. It's ridiculous but I can't do anything, I can't even see a professional for help because I don't have a real mental illness this is just me :/

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)