RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 24-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #21
Horizon

I am currently:

Leaving it is an irresponsible decision.
You need to get it checked out.
Just because you don't see symptoms doesn't mean it's not destroying your body.

Old 24-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
FadeawayCassie
I want to feel alive.

I'm really sorry for being so stupid about this...I'm not sure whether I'm scared or not, to tell the truth I'm just calm. I know that there's a chance I will still do damage to myself even if I feel fine but there's also a chance that I won't. And I don't know what else to say to my mum. She said that it's fine because you can buy that much from a pharmacy and they wouldn't sell you a dangerous dose. She said that she called NHS direct last night and they said to go to hospital if I get any of the symptoms they listed. So there's not much I can do really :[
I'm really sorry for wasting your time. If I do get ill, that'll really be just what I deserve.

Old 24-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #23
FadeawayCassie
I want to feel alive.

I'm really sorry that I'm being so stupid, but thank you all for your help.

Old 24-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
Gone.

If you won't go to hospital then at least get yourself a GP's appointment at the next available opportunity. Overdoses do not always show themselves on the outside. From experience, they build up inside of you until one overdose tips you over the edge and causes you extreme damage. Like has been said, your liver and kidneys will be breaking down and you are not immune to anything you do to yourself. You just can't always see what's happening. If you are worried about what you are doing, go to a doctor. It sounds as though your mum is aware already and that was the reason you weren't getting checked out so there isn't one now.

Sorry to be harsh but it is in your best interests to get checked out. There is no more advice we can give you.

Take care.

Left.

Old 24-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #25
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

And the worrying thing it, you've taken an overdose before. That means your liver is already potentially damaged and you're risking permanant damage, liver failure and more long term things like cancer and necrosis.

Honestly, I don't think you're a stupid person, but I do think you're making a stupid choice by not going to the hospital.

If you were clearly never planning to go, you must have known people would say go, why did you make this thread?

Imperfection is underrated.

Old 24-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
If you were clearly never planning to go, you must have known people would say go, why did you make this thread?

Old 24-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #27
Pops.
I'm just me.

I am currently:

Did you actually tell your Mum how many tablets you took? I'm finding it very hard to believe that NHS Direct would not advise her to take you to the hospital, given the amount of tablets that you told US you took, so I'm just wondering if you actually told HER how many? That is the only possible reason I can think for NHS Direct not to advise hospital, especially given your age, and the amount you took, which I saw before it was edited. If your Mum does know the truth, then quite frankly, she's the stupid one, not you. And also, you said you took an overdose a couple of weeks ago, and you went to the hospital for it, despite it being, in your words, "less serious". So what is the difference between the OD two weeks ago and this one now? What is actually stopping you from going to the hospital?

I hope you manage to at least make a Doctors appointment, like someone else suggested. Take care X

Old 24-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #28
FadeawayCassie
I want to feel alive.

Thank you for the advice, and I'm sorry for making this thread :[ I wasn't clearly never planning to go, I just didn't know what to do. The amount that I posted was true, and my mum knew the amount, and she said that she called NHS direct but I don't know if she really did because I didn't hear her on the phone :[ It's all a bit confusing and I just don't really know what to believe, I'm really sorry for making this thread. I couldn't go to the hospital because even if I outright told my mum that I wanted to go, she wouldn't have let me unless I had serious symptoms of overdose.

Thank you for all your advice though.

Extra: Also I think that that is part of the reason my mum reacted like that, because last time I didn't need any medical intervention and there was a lot of waiting. She said that "she's got to keep herself sane". But it really doesn't matter, and I'm sorry for wasting your time :(.

Last edited by Seahorse : 24-04-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: extra information
Old 24-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #29
Pops.
I'm just me.

I am currently:

It DOES matter and you're not wasting anyone's time. It sounds to me like there is a part of you that thinks hospital might be a good idea, but that your mum is stopping you, or it feels to you like she's stopping you. I know that it's really scary for you, but there are ways you could get to the hospital without her having to be told. You could make your own way there, and let the hospital help you. And they can help you when it comes to letting your Mum know that you are there. Honestly lovely, I really do think you should go to the hospital, and I get a feeling that you think the same? Maybe I'm wrong. Take care anyway. xxx

Old 24-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #30
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

The best apology you can make if you feel genuinely sorry to the people you have worried is to get checked out. I know your mum may not think you need it but she's wrong.

Ask her to drop you off at the hospital, call NHS direct yourself or get a taxi. I am sure you can do one of the three options.

Old 24-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #31
roiben
Insanity let loose

I am currently:

Honestly - next time - Just call an ambulance. You don't need your Mum's permission to do that, even at 14.

From someone who has damaged their liver/kidneys through past ODs, please do re-read through all the posts on this thread and take them on board.

1) Dont take any more ODs - There are better ways to go about getting the help you need.
2) Get a GP appointment and ask them to do a liver function test. It is the best follow up test you can get after having taken any amount for an OD - and it could be the thing to spot those all important signs of damage before they are untreatable.

and while you are at it, it is worth also asking what support is available for you to help prevent the reason you ODd in the first place.

You do not need your Mother's permission to get medical assistance. I suggest you stop apologising and go get it. Now.

Roiben x

If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we wouldn't.

Emerson Pugh

My blog:
http://roiben-losttime.blogspot.com

Old 24-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #32
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

For goodness sake, this is absolutely ridiculous, is the attention what you wanted? Is the concern and care that your mother clearly isn't showing you what you were looking for? Well congratulations, you have the attention and support you were yearning for. You have people worrying about you now and taking time out of their lives to try and help you.

Overdoses of any kind need medical attention, whether your mum is stupid enough to think otherwise or not. There's a reason you should not take more than is recommended and if you keep doing all this crap, it's going to eventually kill you. And I tell you what, if you finally get to the stage where it's killing you and destroying you from the inside, you're going to wish you went to the hospital to get it checked out because it is going to hurt like hell.

Why are you not listening to the advice others are giving you? You make it sound like you know best, which you clearly don't otherwise you would never have posted. Either go to the hospital and get it sorted or stop making people worry about you; it is frankly quite selfish.

This post may sound horrible, but sometimes all you need is a bit of tough love. Now sort yourself out and go to the hospital, whether your mum takes you or not.

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Old 24-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #33
All I know is falling.

^ I like you.

Old 24-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #34
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

HI Im so sorry that your mum appears to not understand the implications of what could happen.I do hope that at least you manage to seek medical attention of some sort. I would like to remind the rest of the thread that without intending to patronise you, you are in fact not just a minor but a child and in an awful lot of distress and some slightly bullying comments may not be helpful.Please take care.xx

Old 24-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #35
no point
*Ashley*

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Choley View Post
For goodness sake, this is absolutely ridiculous, is the attention what you wanted? Is the concern and care that your mother clearly isn't showing you what you were looking for? Well congratulations, you have the attention and support you were yearning for. You have people worrying about you now and taking time out of their lives to try and help you.

Overdoses of any kind need medical attention, whether your mum is stupid enough to think otherwise or not. There's a reason you should not take more than is recommended and if you keep doing all this crap, it's going to eventually kill you. And I tell you what, if you finally get to the stage where it's killing you and destroying you from the inside, you're going to wish you went to the hospital to get it checked out because it is going to hurt like hell.

Why are you not listening to the advice others are giving you? You make it sound like you know best, which you clearly don't otherwise you would never have posted. Either go to the hospital and get it sorted or stop making people worry about you; it is frankly quite selfish.

This post may sound horrible, but sometimes all you need is a bit of tough love. Now sort yourself out and go to the hospital, whether your mum takes you or not.
i don't mean to sound rude or anything but what you wrote to the OP is very harsh. she's obviously very scared about going to the hospital. i have been in her situation and in the past, i didn't go to a hospital after an OD so i know how scared she might be. this site is for everyone who needs support and obviously, she needs our support right now. comments like the one you just made could make a vulnerable person more suicidal (i know this would be the situation for me).

this being said, Cassie, i can imagine how scared you feel but i really think you should go to the hospital or at least get an appointment from a GP. I hope you're ok. You can PM me if you'd like.

Old 24-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #36
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

^^

I'm not being funny but a *hugs* in PM is not going to save her life. She could very well die. Keeping her online to mollycuddle her will make things worse. I know you mean well but please be realistic.

Old 24-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #37
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

You need to get yourself to hospital, you may not have any symptoms now, but as said, this can take up to 2 weeks+ to show damage, and that damage may very well be irreversible when it's discovered.

Go to hospital. Better to be safe than sorry.

Edit;
If you don't go to hospital, I'd recommend going to your GP asap to arrange a blood test to check you over, especially your liver function to see if it has been damaged.

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Old 24-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #38
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet. View Post
It DOES matter and you're not wasting anyone's time. It sounds to me like there is a part of you that thinks hospital might be a good idea, but that your mum is stopping you, or it feels to you like she's stopping you. I know that it's really scary for you, but there are ways you could get to the hospital without her having to be told. You could make your own way there, and let the hospital help you. And they can help you when it comes to letting your Mum know that you are there. Honestly lovely, I really do think you should go to the hospital, and I get a feeling that you think the same? Maybe I'm wrong. Take care anyway. xxx
I hope that you do manage to get some kind of medical help, love. I don't want to say that your mum is stupid because I am sure that there is some emotional reason for why she doesn't want you to go and I do appreciate how scary it can be but I can only express how much regret I felt when I was in a similar situation as you and ended up in hospital a few months/weeks down the line.

You deserve to take care of yourself and get seen to. Put yourself first. Take care.

Left.

Old 24-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #39
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

I am not mollycoddling her simply stating that I dont believe bullying is the answer either.Please get yourself seen to as the others are suggesting and if you can take an adult with you.

Old 25-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #40
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

If the other overdose you have taken was two weeks ago, it's even more important you get checked out. There may not be symptoms now but it may be doing damage. And, it may not be killing you but just ****ing up your insides permanently anyway, damaging your internal organs. So you'll live... but have to put up with the damage and there's no way that will be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
If you don't go to hospital, I'd recommend going to your GP asap to arrange a blood test to check you over, especially your liver function to see if it has been damaged.

At the very least, if you won't go to hospital, as soon as possible see a doctor ^.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)