Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
PurpleRose123

I am currently:
feeling uneasy, work situation and mental health

Hi all,

I haven't been on here in a long time (a few years) so had to create a new user, things feel odd, i was discharged from mental health services almost two years after being under them since i was 14 and I'm now 23. I working in mental health as well but have started to notice my mind becoming more and more chaotic. My medical records were found in an office where i work (my old CPN had left them there) and since then all these memories have been coming back and I reluctantly agreed to go back to where they were found them after resigning because they were shorted staffed, then found out there was no incident form raised about it left again but was persuaded to go as the groups wouldn't have been able to run.

I have applied for another job but will feel guilty as i'm meant to be helping run groups that start in Jan if i then get the job and leave and I don't know how I will approach the conversation. It keeps feeling as though everyone i moving on with their lives, having children, getting married and moving out of home and i'm still stuck in the same situation, the only difference is i'm not in hospital and appear to be 'functioning'.

I think my biological dad contacting me and then not responding and just 'dropping' me has triggered some stuff off again on top of the notes but i should be able to handle it by now.

Sorry i don't know what to do or how to change things, i think if i get the new job then it will give me some kind of distance from my past however the guilt for leaving again will make me feel bad and unreliable.

thanks for reading this,
Happy new year

Last edited by PurpleRose123 : 30-12-2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: left sentence out
PurpleRose123 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 30-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #2
HopeRises

I'm sorry that happened to you. Is there another way you can complain about it if you want too? Maybe through PALS or something? That shouldn't have happened.

I understand why you feel guilty about getting a new job/leaving, I feel the same when I leave work. It sounds like you've done more than you needed too, what with going back after you resigned. People leave and change jobs all the time even if there are things in the pipeline they are supposed to do. Try not to feel guilt though. It's ok to change plans.

Good luck with getting the new job though and happy new year to you too.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
PurpleRose123

I am currently:

Thank you for you're lovely reply! I would feel to mean if i did a complaint, i did raise with incident people however haven't heard anything from it.
Its true people leave with things going on, i think if i get just bite the bullet, will tell them if i get an interview just to pre warn and then they can have an idea of someone to put in my place, I think new people are starting in Jan so good opportunity.
Hope you have a good new year

Old 02-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #4
milomushi
milomushi

I know how hard it can be to work in mental health when you have a history but you are the kind of workers they need. I commute an hour and a half daily to avoid uncomfortable situations. You know what people are going through better than any other worker I'm sure. I hope that you are able to figure something out so that you feel valued at work and not worrying about being judged or wondering what others are thinking. I hope things work out for you.

milomushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
PurpleRose123

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomushi View Post
I know how hard it can be to work in mental health when you have a history but you are the kind of workers they need. I commute an hour and a half daily to avoid uncomfortable situations. You know what people are going through better than any other worker I'm sure. I hope that you are able to figure something out so that you feel valued at work and not worrying about being judged or wondering what others are thinking. I hope things work out for you.

hi sorry i havent really been on here but just saw this, your amazing in what you do. That is dedication, thank you for your lovely message

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)