RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #41
Isoverity

I am currently:

the whole case is a circus that should never have been "elevated" into a national and international story. I have people posting the usual slogans-as-thought about this case on Facebook, tumblr etc and I can tell they don't have a clue what happened. The media threw them a fish and they ate it like a seal in a show. Now "riots" are being staged by anarchists and Occupy Wall St types who just look for any excuse really. The Martin kid is being compared to Medgar Evers - a black civil rights activist killed in deep south in 1963. There is not the slightest correlation between the two cases but media makes one (knowing they are manipulating) and mob mentality types just take it all in on cue.

Most Americans don't even know what the black and red flag means

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #42
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

A friend asked me the other day "why are they making such a big deal about that black kid that was shot and killed?" Pretty oblivious to the news, lucky her.

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #43
[redacted]

I am currently:

In her defense, they don't normally make "such a big deal" about it.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson
Honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps.
"Make it work." -Tim Gunn

[redacted] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #44
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

Oh, I wasn't saying anything bad about her being oblivious. Just sometimes it's nice to be and the "lucky her" was sincere.

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #45
null_n_void
Yes, I'm an avatar now!

I am currently:

I strongly believe that zimmerman is guilty as hell and he bloody well knows it. He has gotten away with murder and every single person knows it.

I had written and performed a poem on Monday about this case and shortly after in the interval, I was confronted by 4 americans. They all shook my hand and said thank you for bringing this case to light and they said that they didn't know that people in England knew about this case and cared so much. They agreed with me that Zimmerman is a murderer and is guilty and that Trayvon did nothing.

There is no such thing as justice anymore as far as i'm concerned. The media is basically slandering a 17 year old child. A deceased child who cannot defend himself. For f***'s sake, just let him rest in peace. Let his family have the privacy and time to grieve and let's make people realize that George Zimmerman is guilty as sin.

If anyone is in any way offended by this post, then i apologize profusely, but I am expressing my personal viewpoint on the matter, as is everyone else in this thread.

‎"Damaged people are dangerous because we know we can survive"

null_n_void is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)