RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
albie

Not sure what's real or not anymore.

I'm fed up of not knowing what's really happened and what's not.

For some reason I keep making up mundane things in my head, remembering conversations that never took place and having to think really hard to distinguish between what's truth and fiction or a dream.

For instance thinking that my mum had a hair appointment one evening when she didn't and remembering a conversation where my dad told me his cousin had died when he hadn't?

This morning I woke up thinking I might have SH'd but not being entirely sure if I had or not. I looked at my usual place and nothing there and then realised my arm is a right mess. Only superficial and completely different to my "usual" technique. It's now come back to me what I used and what I was thinking, so vivid. But I don't remember doing it either, as mad as that sounds.

I'm sick of this.

albie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 06-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Ailsa
Works Nights as Amateur Superhero

I am currently:

This used to happen to me before - I think I was really just so out of it and wrapped up in my thoughts that I couldn't remember what I'd dreamed or invented and what had really happened. So, just to say, it could be a phase. Are you drinking or doing any drugs at all? Because that always made it worse for me.

If not there might be a more serious problem - maybe you should talk to your doctor about it?

Take care xx

"And sometimes when our fights begin,
I think I'll let the Dragons win...
And then I think perhaps I won't,
Because they're Dragons, and I don't."

A. A. Milne - Now We Are Six

Ailsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Hey there, this has also happened to me before and as Ailsa said it may be like you are thinking so much about what is going on in that moment you don't notice what you, or everyone else is doing this. As well as this you may be dissociating from what is real and what is not. Have you suffered from dissociation before?

It would be a good idea if you talked to a doctor/therapist, they can probably tell you more about why this is happening :)

Take care *hugs*

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)