RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
jadacus123

I am currently:
youth worker?

hey :) i dont know if this is the place to write this thread but arwell my question is basically..... I'm getting a youthworker because of everything and he's coming to my school and i just wanted to ask if anyone else has ever had a youthworker at school and what happens and like basically explain it to me? thankyouuu hope everyones okayy.

jadacus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Hello :) I've never had a youth worker come into my school before, but I did start a youth club once and the youth workers there were amazing. They're basically just a friendly face who you can go to and chat about anything really. They offer good support and advise, but in an informal environment.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Hey, I didn't have a youth worker until I was 16 and had left school but basically I met up with her once a week to talk about things and she helped me when things went wrong. I have also been a youth worker but in youth clubs and young carers groups. A lot of my colleagues did one-to-one support in schools and it was mainly about giving the person a space to speak about anything they wanted really.

Youth workers are amazing and I am not sure I would be a uni student if it wasn't for the amazing support I received from them.

Hope that you find them helpful!

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
Whispered Secret

I had a youth worker for some time while I was in sixth form to help me cope with some difficulties at home. She then was able to get me some counselling as well.

She was there for me to talk things through with and when the **** hit the fan she would sometimes contact my school to let them know what was happening. xx

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
jadacus123

I am currently:

Thanks everyone for your replies, defo less scared about talking to one of them, so is it like a counciller but less pressure and counciling then?

Old 18-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Whispered Secret

Pretty much yeah :) xx

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
jadacus123

I am currently:

okay thanks :)

Old 18-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

I saw youth workers nearly twice a week and spoke to them almost daily for a good few months. They were honestly amazing & although i was petrified that it would end badly, they acctually were able to offer the best support i've ever recieved...

Be brave, it'll help in the long run i hope... Good luck & stick with it.
<3

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears...

high.hopes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)