RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 21-11-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
The Mad Hatter

I am currently:
General Medical Question - Non Urgent - Cough

ok so i have had a cough for almost a week i am guessing that i should go get it checked out soon but i wanted to know any ways to help ease it besides the obvious cough medicine. cause my parents have yet to buy more so any way to ease it

Michelle

thanks in advance:Pirate 2 :Mario

Sherlock: Oh, please. Killing me. That's so two years ago.

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
FlightlessBird
Save me from the nothing I've become

I am currently:

Tea with honey should help. If you're in the USA there's a brand of tea called Yogi Tea that's all differen herbal blends for different things. You could grab their cough blend and drink it with honey.

I want to stay in love with my sorrow.
Oh, but God, I want to let it go.
If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it's like to be me.
You'll need a symphony to give sympathy to the girl with the worst luck in town.
When I care, it curls me up on the floor and I swear I can't do it anymore.

Old 21-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Animad

If it is a cough where you are bringing up anything such as mucus then don't take anything to repress it as that is actually good for your body.

If not then it depends what sort of cough it is so make sure you are taking the right stuff. If it is in your chest then make sure you're taking proper stuff for chesty coughs and if you cough up blood/ it doesn't improve, you start to get chest pains or it worsens you need to get checked out by a doctor.

If it is in your thrat then yes, as mentioned above tea with honey can also help. Also honey & lemon solutions in hot/ warm water can also help. You can also get these in medicine like preparations. Cough sweets as well. Lemsip which is a UK product may also help but remember that that also has Paracetamol in it so don't take it with any other paracetamol containing products and make sure you read through the label thoroughly (the latter goes for anything you may take).

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)