RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #981
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I have a heroism planned. Either tomorrow or next week im going to ring up and try to book a taxi, which is ALL the scary because of phones and strangers and my mum not knowing and things shes said to me. But it is mecessary! So i will man up

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #982
Cbear

I am currently:

Well done lovelies!

My heroism today will be going to the *shudder* burns clinic and finding out the best treatment. Nervous as hell but it has to be done. Last night I also opened up to the family about past ed-like behaviours and other woes and it (sort of) went ok...

Keep up the good work heroes! <3

Cbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #983
crazykat
Fight for another day

Ilana that's awesome, well done lovely

Cat good luck hun, you can do it

Well done Cbear :)

Yesterday I went to the first part of my assessment for spectrum which was super scary and today I had started up driving lessons again

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #984
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Ilana- well done beautiful <3 Digest ALL the foods!! And yay for the essay and mail too =D Especially since I think you said one of them was for me, which is ALL the win!
Alex- I think that is a good heroism, as long as it is a taxi to somewhere awesome! Good luck!

Clare- I hope the burns clinic went well; good on you for going :) Well done also for talking to your family!
Kat- Well done for going to the assessment! I don't know what spectrum is, but I hope it's helpful :) And hooray for driving! Good luck =D

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #985
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

*showers everyone in hero glitter*

I really wanted to give in to some urges last night and had made ALL the plans already. But I didn't act on them after all.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #986
Lilo

I am currently:

^^^

All the love for not acting on the plans <3

I have been working in a shop today and am currently on my break, I was really scared about it this morning but actually I am enjoying myself and have nearly mastered how to work the till, which is a giant piece of heroicness for me ;-P

I have also had to talk to loads of different people today which after the first few customers isn't as scary as I thought it would be

XXXX

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #987
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Well done, Laura :)
I agree that customers are not as scary as they seem at first. I had to get used to that too when I started my job.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 19-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #988
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

I'm so proud of you all, well done! <3

This week, i completed my singing exam, functional skills exam and my dance show/exam yesterday. It's not alot in comparrison to some people, but it really has been a challenge, and i managed to complete all three? <3

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears...

high.hopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #989
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Kia, that is quite a lot to achieve :)
*hands you shiny hero sticker*

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 19-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #990
little.ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
I think you said one of them was for me, which is ALL the win!
True fact. One of them, indeed, is en route to you!

Alex, I hope the taxi goes/went well! And that it indeed took you somewhere awesome.
Clare, that's all the wonderful. I'm sorry that you had to go to the burns clinic, but glad you made it. And talking to your family was incredibly brave.
Kat, well done lovely! You're being so brave.
Lana, all the love, I'm so so glad that you managed not to! <3
Laura, I'm so happy that you're liking work! Customers indeed can be scary at first, but it's nice when you get into the swing of things.
Kia, that is some indeed impressive heroics! It must be nice to have all those done now. :)

little.ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #991
Scaredy-cat

I am currently:

I didnt manage the taxi friday, so ill do it tomorrow instead. Unfortunately it is not to take me somewhere awesome, but to the clinic which they told me was 'just ten minutes away from the station' to get my craziness assessed. Which is rather on the scary side also

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Old 20-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #992
little.ophelia

I'm glad you're willing to try again. I hope it goes okay, you can do it :)

Old 20-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #993
SilentBoy
Use proper english, like what i does.....innit

I am currently:

I finally went back to work.
Things may actually be looking up

~ SilentBoy

Some people just need a high-five. To the face. With a chair.

SilentBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #994
Petrichor
No Sylvia Plath

I am currently:

The following content has been hidden - Reason : SI, potential triggery?
Today bought kitchen impliments for next year at uni. Knives, sharp things and such likes tend to trigger me like hell, but I resisted all urges, got what I needed and enjoyed a walk along the beach.

And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare,
As any she belied with false compare.

There she was. Gone.

Petrichor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #995
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

Well done beautiful heroes!
I'm proud of you all <3

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears...

Old 21-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #996
Scaredy-cat

I am currently:

I rang the taxi. And the man n the other end was nice, so i will be ok to ring again like he said i should

Also, well done everyone else

Old 21-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #997
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

I did something pretty damned heroic today - I smoked my last few cigarettes and started wearing a patch. Then I threw out all my smoking-related paraphernalia (lighters, rolling papers, ashtrays etc). This isn't my first attempt at quitting, but it's my first time using nicotine reduction and so far it's working really well. I haven't had a cigarette in about 10 and a half hours, and the withdrawal symptoms and cravings are noticeable but manageable, so I'm pretty confident right now.

Related question (so minor and insignificant that it's probably not worth making a thread): does anyone know if you can wear a nicotine patch on scar tissue?

Last edited by The War Doctor : 21-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.
The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #998
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

Scaredy-cat: we'll done for being so brave and getting so far and managing to ring for a taxi!

Conor (I think): well done for throwing out everything to do with smoking and for making the step towards using nicotine Reduction! I really hope you manage to get through it, I can vouch for being smoke free! And as for your question; I should imagine it works but would probably be more effective on unscarred/ less scarred skin.

I posted earlier, but I've had a driving lesson since and despite being really anxious at the moment I did really well on my driving lesson and even on the dual carriageway where it was fast and busy...

Old 21-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #999
little.ophelia

SilentBoy (I actually don't know your name, I've only heard people refer to you as Silent Boy...) that's great that you went back to work, I hope it's going well.
Alex, I'm glad you managed to call! That's a great step, and I'm glad he was nice.
Claire-Rose, that's awesome. And I'm glad the beach was lovely.
Conor, that is ALL the wonderful. I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, I even tried to google it (which I assume you already did) and got ALL the strange articles. But I'm so happy that you're trying to stop, I wish you luck!
Kia, driving lessons can be scary, I'm so glad to hear that you did well :)

You are all awesome.

Old 22-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #1000
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

I had very concrete plans to engage in a behavior tonight but decided not to do it after all.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)