RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #81
Sans Peur

erm... i am unsure where abouts you are but are there any piercers near you that are open? any friends that have piercings that could lend you a ball for the bar?

always best to invest in a few spares for piercings as balls go missing all the time :)

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #82
Vegetarian Vampire
Your pain, your worth, your sacrifice

I am currently:

I think the nearest piercer to me closes at five I could go in tomorrow but I'm worried that the bar will come out and I'll swallow it or something overnight >.< Yeah I have a friend with a lip piercing but I think hers is 1.6mm and mines 1.2 so that wouldnt work would it? :S
Yeah I feel really stupid now >.< I will buy some more.

22nd November 2018

"Don't suffer in your silence. Know you are never alone."

Vegetarian Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #83
Sans Peur

How old is the lip piercing? do you have any other piercings that you could use jewellery from?

Old 02-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #84
Vegetarian Vampire
Your pain, your worth, your sacrifice

I am currently:

Its 2 months old. The only other piercings i have are just normal earlobe piercings >.< would it be ok to be an earring in it? :S

22nd November 2018

"Don't suffer in your silence. Know you are never alone."

Vegetarian Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #85
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhubarbDali View Post
Is there a reason why you want to change it to a bar?
Mainly because rings are more obvious and my parents don't know yet, and they will find a bar more acceptable.
And also because I prefer bars and I want to put one in which has a little gem in it.
How will I be able to tell if it's healed enough? Cos it's kinda hard to see it close up.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #86
Sans Peur

i personally would wait until it is atleast 4 months old after NO problems with it as you dont want to irratate it.Perhaps you should have gotten it done with a bar if you are not happy with the jewellery, something you could ask for in future piercings

Old 03-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #87
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

thanks, i'll try to resist for 4 months then :)
they would only do it with a ring apparently.

so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #88
Sans Peur

A lot of piercers would recommend bars as they heal better with bars, i have a ring in mine that i want to change to a bar but always nervous changing jewellery in ear piercings :p

Old 03-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #89
anonyone30

I am currently:

I had my navel pierced 15 years ago, and have always been bugged by the way it has been placed, as it isn't straight! I want to have it redone, but I am wondering how long it will take to close sufficiently so that it can be redone.
Thanks
Suzanne xxx

anonyone30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #90
BrightStarShining
The Scars Inside And Out Will Never Go

I am currently:

I got my bar changed in the end, went into the piercing shop and she said that my bar was too small and that yes, I do have a slight infection. So, she put a new bar in 12mm instead of 10mm and now it fits even better and it's because the skin in between the two holes was swelling and the 10mm didn't give it enough speac to swell, so had to buy a new one from the shop. Chuffed now though as it'll mean less pain!! woo!!

All I have to do now is keep a close eye on it and if the infection hasn't gone down in a week or so, I'll have to go to the docs.

Thanks for the advice RhubarbDali

xxKirstenxx

Allie, I'll never forget you..
Love You Always.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.

BrightStarShining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #91
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

hey, me again,
the skin around my tragus piercing is starting to heal around the ring but it's sticking to the ring so that when i clean it i'm pulling the new bits of scab off. Should i be turning the ring to keep the skin clear of it or should i leave it?
thanks.

so must you know pain.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 AM   #92
Sans Peur

You should speak to your piercer about how long to wait until repiercing it.

You shouldnt turn the piercing at all as it will damage the skin around the piercing

Old 05-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #93
RazorKissBrad
Friendly Vet

I am currently:

Just curious, if any guys here have had their nipples pierced. If you have, could you please send me a PM, I have some questions.

RazorKissBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #94
Spanner
Alone

I am currently:

thanks, the info on stretching was really helpful, i stretched one ear to a 10mm but unfortunetley it became infected, i believe this was because i used acrylic jewellrey, I have taken them out completely and the hole has shrunk back to normal size, i'm going to sort out using glass before i stretch again!!

"a life handwritten by pain"
please PM me if you want to chat!

Spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #95
RazorKissBrad
Friendly Vet

I am currently:

Give me a hand, check out my thread and vote for my jewlery for my nipples. If you are a guy, share w9ith me your experience getting your nipples pierced.

http://recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71435

|||||*I get lei'd in vets*|||||

Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #96
foreverXanXaddict
Lauren

I am currently:

[quote=RhubarbDali;644458]Stretching Basics:

Maximum size that will heal up (otherwise known as
the ‘growing up’ complex)

This question pops up quite regularly, and unfortunately, the answer is extremely vague. Everyone’s body is different, and therefore everyone’s lobes will shrink up to a different point. Generally speaking, 2 gauge(6mm) is widely considered the “point of no return” - where your lobes become significantly less likely to heal even to the size of a standard earring.

my friend went up to a 7/16 and he now wears a normal 18 gauge in his ear. and pepople usually say its the 0 is the point of no return but tahts not really true either..

foreverXanXaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #97
Sans Peur

Everyone is different as is stated in that quote.I know with my past stretches and one set only went up to 5mm and back down actually fits a 2.4mm after a year with no problems, so everyone is different when it comes to stretches

Old 08-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #98
RazorKissBrad
Friendly Vet

I am currently:

Alright, so I've never had any piercings before so some of these questions will probably sound stupid to a few of you but please bear with me but yesterday I got both of my nipples done with barbells. I am doing all the cleaning stuff that they recommended for me. I have a few questions though and they are as follows.

Are sea salt Solution and sea salt Spray the same thing?
I am curious because the spray is well, spray and I've read it can be used each day. And the Solution I've read should only really be used a couple times a week and instead of spraying I am soaking my nipples in a shot glass. If they are different should I be doing both?

One of my main concerns is having the piercings heal really tight to my barbells, how often should I be rotating them and how many times?
They rotate fine in the shower and with a bit of soap but when I am not in the shower they are extremely hard to move.

What is the best way to make sure that all of the soap is out of my piercing, and how big of a concern is this?

|||||*I get lei'd in vets*|||||

Old 08-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #99
Sans Peur

You should clean your piercings 1-2 times a day with a sea salt soak, with spray you wont be getting the benifits of the warm soak, mising 1/4 teaspoon to a mog of boiling water and waiting for it to cool is the method i have used for all my piercings but the spray should be fine. Over cleaning is bad for your piercing
You should not rotate your jewellery, it is best not to get any soap near your piercings if you can help it.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #100
Gravity
Alright treacle?

I am currently:

Alright, one of my piercings is infected, nuff said.

I usually pick up a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide if they look potentially quite nasty.

But because most shops suck its hard to get hold of, instead in Boots today i brought a bottle of Surgical Spirit cointaining Ethanol and Methanol before i do anything with it i just want to know if its alright to use on the piercing?

"A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?"

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to Die at any time"

Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)