RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

^my cat likes pancakes and tortillas. A childhood cat we had liked raw cabbage. Cats all have their food weirdnesses. :P

Amy, I suppose that if any of my animals had allergies or intolerances I would be likely to reconsider, but at this point, I am not convinced. Possibly I may risk it with a more "sturdy" breed, but mine are a toy breed, and it makes it seem, at least, that it's best to be careful.
I am quite anti-kibble though.

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #22
makedamnsure

I am currently:

My friends chi is raw fed :)
But yeah, fair enough. You do what you think is best for the dog you own. Home cooking for the dogs is far too much hassle for me! I struggle to remember to get stuff out the freezer to defrost!

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
Greyscale
Chat Mod

If I felt I could handle the raw meat and get the needed organ meats, bones, etc, and if there was room for a freezer for the dogs, I would definitely consider raw food.
Since none of that is possible at the moment, I feed my dogs some of the highest quality kibbles and canned foods available. I did recently see freeze dried raw "kibble" which I may look into further. For a while I did the home cooked stuff but touching the raw meat in order to cook it was also a huge problem, lol.

Greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #24
IdleButDeadly
I climbed a pyramid, I think I can do this...

I am currently:

I still HATE touching raw meat haha but I mean, we do it for us! The dogs are just a little more... Gross lol today I bought liver on sale along with turkey backs and necks... The liver was SO gross! I was gaging the whole time. But it's worth it to me!

Some days it is a big hassle though. When I forget to take something out or run out completely! The nice thing is that the local market gives me scraps free, and I have a number of family and friends who drop off meat when they clean out their freezers! So that helps with the cost a lot! I've been keeping track, and so far I am spending about $30-$40 LESS on raw meat and bones than I did on a high quality kibble!

IdleButDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 03:56 AM   #25
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I'm vegetarian! And now routinely can be found elbow deep in liver, chicken carcasses, pigs ears and all sorts of other yummy goodies bagging it up for the freezer!

If I forget to take stuff out to defrost they just get it frozen, no big deal. More hassle than opening a tin of dog food, obviously. But I just spend one afternoon a month sorting everything into portions and then freeze it, so the rest of the time I just grab them a bag each out of the freezer.

I used to hate the smell of liver. I can handle the raw stuff now but the smell of it cooking/dehydrating (to make treats) still makes me gag

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)