RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
Social Work 2019

Hiya

There has been a huge change in my life, I've now been accepted for full social work degree course professional training and finally im a peace with myself. I can now finally see a future ahead of me. It's going to be tough as hard rocks and will change me mentally and physically more jobseeking ever would. I still haven't accepted the course yet but i will do shortly.

I have a lot to worry about, placements, my first couple weeks settling into a routine, getting up earlier (well i'm already getting up at most because of the rather painful alarm clock. No physical alarm required.)
I still have to worry about the pregablin issues and make sure i keep schedule that works, make sure I pace myself and learn from mistakes with living with the condition

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 12-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Well done with getting a place, that's really great. There should hopefully be a disability service who can help you out with some things if needed.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Great news, well done! I hope it goes really well for you :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Hey all
Everything is going fine at the moment, things have progressed with the enrolment and now I am waiting patiently for 1st October 2019 to come round quick so I can the second half of enrolment in person. This time I will be an officially enrolled student and there will be no need to take pictures of the books for study like I did previously and I will have my own ID badge.

I have some lots of preparation for the course, yesterday I spent the day in the garden reading despite not feeling that well physically. I think I’m coming down with a cold. Then spent the evening doing a lot more and now i’m developing my sense of routine and now I have specific places I’m doing stuff and it’s not the kitchen table. So I am more organised.

I’ve got myself a new diary and I have added deadlines, meetings and yesterday I purchased the first book I’m going to use Human Growth and Development and I have started already reading the first chapter.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 22-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Sounds positive.

Old 25-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #6
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Had a long phone call with Samaritains a few days ago and i think I am making the right decision, I have just got to make lots of alterations so that I am able to work hard in order achieve my goals, set myself manageable chunks and I have started blogging my experiences to keep myself accountable and to avoid the procrastination. I want feel that I am doing something more meaningful with my life and not on benefits for the rest of my life.

Old 27-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #7
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Good for you. Have you looked into what kind of support you can get while studying?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)