RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
Cold turkey psychotic meds

Hiya

This time last year I had a major psychotic breakdown and was rushed urgently into a&e where it basically kicked off further and was extremely clos to becoming sectioned under the MHA. The psychotic episode was due to extreme stress from last employment, my dog getting seriously ill at the weekend. I was then given anti psychotics by my psychiatrist however without realising a month ago, I came off them cold turkey not intentionally and haven't been on them in a month. Physically I feel great as I had also stopped binge eating, I am no longer flat (which was contributing to my feelings of depression, binge eating etc. However mentally I am still not great, I panic a lot and it's resulted me being almost banned from a group over a missunderstanding and i have more energy and no longer tired and sleepy/groggy in the morning and I am able to think like a normal person. However I am still up and down in mood extremely quiet around the parents and I got upset as I was in so much pain with my arm and felt embarrassed I couldn't pick up a 5 ounce mug of coffee and that I couldn't type or use a mouse or my iPhone.

My situation hasn't really changed, I am still unemployed on the ESA, looking for work and turning up groups etc.
What shall I do, should I tell the cmht or will they judge me and kick me off their books despite wanting to hurt myself, recent issues with otc and the fact that when I have had panic attacks I have unintentionally had problems with traffic. Not thinking about the cars, my safety etc and not really caring about the concauwnces. They don't know this

Last edited by Aardbei : 08-04-2017 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Removed time not eaten for

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

I think it's best you make an appointment with your psych and discuss it with them. It sounds like things are not that great, so maybe it would be good to get some support. I hope you reach out and get the help you need.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
Sketchy

I am currently:

Also, mention to your psych that you aren't taking your medication so they can see what is best to do next.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 11:57 PM   #4
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I am also noticing that I am able to let out my feelings slowly through emotions and although it's challenging at times as brain isn't used to crying or any emotion whatsoever. Even though in the past five days I have tearful/upset over the littlest things it feels odd. Like today it was because of Rio Ferdinand's documentary and then in the afternoon it was because I was talking about my nanny pat that died in 2002/03 during my GCSEs and that I wanted some jewellery to remind myself of her. I hadn't felt tearful about in a long time. I am trying my hardest not surpresss my emotions and feelings but it's almost like I am scared of them and I am shoving them in a box and not wanting to feel it. Constantly putting on the brave "happyface."

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)