RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
emo123
trapped..in this thing you call life

I am currently:
Triggering (SI/OD) - Help? Maybe plz?

I guess i hate tellign people my age becaus ei know they will underestimate me cuz i usually act much much older than i am
but i will sya it just so maybe i cna get to kwno sum1 anyone on here
im turnign 12 in 2 days
yep 12
and already i ahve SI'ed alot
and OD'ed twice (suicide attempts)
i like to beleive im somewhat better now which i reely am
I was cut free for almost 5 months unil like a day ago
so now im like 1 day cut free yay for me?
so i thought going on this site would get my mind off hwo sad i was cuz lately my hell hole(wut i call home) has been horrible
so i go on here thinking i cna tlak to otha ppl but its just like school
every1 has all their friends all their groups all theri familys u mite not like to think it but
its true and well i dunno im always the girl who seems to be left out cuz i dont stand up fro herself rite now im just kinda
intimidated

Last edited by Shambles : 14-08-2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: label added
emo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Daydream
Collect memories not scars

I am currently:

This might need some sort of trigger warning. And also it should be in the advice forums, not here.
I'm sorry you feel intimidated. Its not what we intended. I think there are lots of people on here who would like to get to know you better. We dont judge people on their ages.
April xx

xxxx

Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
Lil'MissLaLa
Art is a lie that makes us realise the truth

I am currently:

*huggles* sweetheart, age doesnt matter at all in the grand scheme of things. It sounds like uve had a pretty rough life so far, but it does sound like ure making every effort to sort things out. Well done on reducing ure self harm - thts a massive achievement and please dont underestimate ureself. Please use this place to get all the support u can/need. Theres always somebody around to talk to.
Much love and hugs
Dani
xx

'Imagination is more important than knowledge'

http://maddani.deviantart.com/

Lil'MissLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
lostdoll

Hun, I'm going to advise you this now, because I wish someone had said it to me when I was 12. Speak up about how you feel to someone, family member, friend, teacher, GP. Seriously, speak up and get those feelings and thoughts out of your system. Get help. SIing, suicidal thoughts, they aren't normal really, and I understand you've been doing it for some time now, but you really do not want to continue.

It doesn't matter if its one day or one hundred, its still a great achievement if you can go any time at all without cutting, so be proud of yourself! You know that you can get help here if you want to stop cutting. I think its always something to consider. There are so many alternatives to self-harm that are just way less harmful (mentally and physically) and are worth a try. Have you tried distractions, squeezing ice, drawing on yourself with red pen instead of cutting? Write things down or talk about it whenever you feel low.

There are supporters here on RYL who can listen to you and talk to you if you need them. Check them out here on the forum, Live Help, E-mail Support,Open Topic Support Forums, Specific Support, Advice and Recovery Forums., and Support Chat.

Other options are speaking to Samaritans [UK] for example, or another available helpline.

Its strange coming to a new site where everyone has their groups of friends already, but so many RYLers are like you, wanting to speak to someone but don't know how. I suggest checking out Chat and see who's available there to talk. By replying to some of the General threads, you might get to recognise screenames, avatars, get little conversations going...its all good. You could randomly PM some people, ask them how they are, it might make their day and they might reply :)

It might take a while to adjust and get to recognise people, but this is a really friendly community, so never be afraid to shout if you aren't OK or want to meet some new faces.
Take care of yourself hun
xo

lostdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
felix felicis
Beautiful, like a rainbow.

I am currently:

I just want to echo what lostdoll said, and you need to know that you're not alone.
Yes people on RYL have friendship groups and family, but that doesn't make you an outsider.
You'll get just as much support as anyone else, regardless of your age.
Check out the above links, they're really helpful.

I'm here if you wanna talk, at any time; just PM me. :)

Take care,
Emily.x

soulmates.

felix felicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Firstly Welcome to Ryl,

I can remember how damn scary it was when I was new on RYL. Everyone knew each other and had these 'in jokes' that I had no clue about but gradually over time I replied to posts and began to speak to people and from there it went on until I guess I am one of the people you speak about.

People on here have their families after being adopted from here - why dont you give it a go as I found that really got me speaking to people and its fun :)

Lostdoll has really good information with the supporters and I just want to add to that by saying that slip ups happen you went 5 months that is phenomenal and you can do it again and do it for longer to even if it doesnt seem like that at the moment.

Huge huggles and you know where to find me if you want to chat

xoxox

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)