RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
Arienette

I am currently:
Paranoid

I feel really paranoid lately. It’s really stressful and it’s not something I’ve experienced often so I’m not sure how to cope with it.

I’m currently not talking to any of my friends where I live because I think they’re all talking nasty things about me and plotting a the campaign against me. I only have mild concrete evidence so I’m trying not to get angry and confront them about it. I generally confront people about anything bothering me bc I prefer things to be open and transparent but in this situation it feels like even if I did confront them they’d lie anyway.

I feel like the staff have it in for me except my support worker. I feel like they’re laughing about me and saying mean things and again plotting to do something horrible to me, like a prank or eviction or get me hurt by being jumped.

I trust my gf. I trust my cc and support worker and that’s it. I don’t trust my therapist and I have to see her tomorrow morning.

Anyone got ways to deal with this without making a huge scene or drama bc I really cba for that bit at the same time I can’t concentrate on tv or work because it’s just at the front of my mind consistently.

I need to go to the shop across the road for food but even that feels uncomfortable. I don’t know how to cope with this. It’s incrwdibly uncomfortable.

Ideas?

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 12-02-2018, 10:19 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Is there a friend or two who you are most close to that you could talk to about your concerns in a non-accusatory way? I think it's sensible to not get angry or confrontational, but hopefully you'd be able to have a helpful conversation if you approach it from an angle of you feeling paranoid and in need of some reassurance.

What makes you not trust your therapist? Hopefully if you communicate to her how you're feeling, she'll be able to talk it through with you and help make you feel more comfortable.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
Arienette

I am currently:

no. I can speak my to gf about it and that's it. I've mentioned it to my CC because i trust her but she just said "you know that's not true don't you?" - i said no. How could she know that in an instant?

i have only just started with my therapist. I have seen her 3 or 4 times only and i just don't feel particulatly comfortable with her tbh.

i dunno. I feel like I can't go out to things - like i was supposed to go run club last night and i couldn't get myself out the house because i felt so anxious and not safe. ugh. it's really annoying.

i have things to go to and things to do, but i don't feel like it's safe. i have yoga in 10 minutes but even though its only across the road i probably won't go because i feel to anxious to go. ugh.

i wish people would leave me alone, genuinely leave me alone and not try to destroy me. it's a really prickly situation to find yourself in. :(

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

In what way do you feel that people are trying to destroy you?

And with regards to going out; can you pinpoint what it is that feels unsafe or what you feel worried is going to happen?

I hope you will feel able to open up with your therapist as time goes on.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)