RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:
Triggering (Sexual Abuse) - What is this considered?

On Sunday I visited my friend who was bartending a block from where I live. His roommate ended up being there, so I hung out with him like I have done in the past. The roommate has never expressed interest in me, but that night he kept going on about how pretty he thought I was and stuff, which I thought was a little odd. He also insisted on walking me home, though that doesn't make much sense to me considering I live so close. Well, we get to my place and I assume he's just going to crash on my couch. No big deal - I've done this with other friends. However, when I went to my room to get him a blanket, he kept insisting that he wanted to sleep in my bed with me. I told him that I don't sleep well when other people are in my bed - which is true - but he kept saying it's not a big deal we don't have to do anything. At this point it was really late and I was extremely tired, so I said fine and let him, but I vocalized to him (very bluntly) that I wasn't going to (and didn't want to) sleep with him.

We started kissing and then things escalated...It all just sort of happened, and I remember just going along with it but not wanting to. At the time, I didn't say anything.....I wanted to tell him to leave, but I was embarassed and didn't want to offend him, as weird as that sounds.

I couldn't sleep at all after that, so I came out to my couch and attempted to get a few hours of sleep before work...He ended up leaving around 6 am or so, and I pretended to be asleep when he left.

I'm just confused because I'm not sure if this is assault or if I'm just upset this happened between us. I was assaulted a year ago by an acquaintence, and it was really similar to this, but I told the man (3x) that I didn't want to have sex with him before it happened....

Part of me is paranoid and wonders if he kind of lead me into this. I feel like I did something wrong, shouldn't have drank so much, etc.

Sorry, I am really down and confused right now. Can I get some hugs or advice?

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 03:12 AM   #2
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

*big hugs*

From what you've said, you clearly stated that you didn't want to sleep with him but then it happened anyway which is technically rape - sorry to be blunt hun. You didn't do anything wrong at all and it doesn't matter what you'd be drinking or were wearing or anything like that. He should have listened to what you said and it shouldn't have happened. It's completely natural to be confused about it.

Have you told anyone about this? Can you go to a doctor and get yourself checked out?

Look after yourself loads, sorry don't have any better advice.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:

Ugh. Great. You know, I bet he doesn't even realize it or remember that I told him I didn't want to sleep with him.

I am going to try and contact the counselor on campus to see her this week; I thought about going to the SA group session today, but it seemed too soon. I also have the number to the rape crisis center....

I just can't believe this happened again...

I really f*cked up.

-poisonous-

Old 19-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #4
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

It's not your fault. AT ALL. So you didn't **** up.

That's good your going to counselling and group, can you tell any friends or family?

I've been trying to read into this stuff lately (I'm going through similar stuff) and basically ever abuser justifies what they are doing to themselves by manipulating it in their minds because otherwise they wouldn't do it. But that doesn't mean that it's not abuse, it just means they're screwed up and it's really wrong.

You've got to do shitloads of comforting stuff for yourself, like baths, hugs (*HUG*), films with Ben and Jerry...

x x x x

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:

I can't tell family, and frankly...I feel like I can't tell friends. I'm embarassed that it's happened again.

I am so depressed right now....I spent some time with a girlfriend of mine earlier this evening, and she even picked up on my mood...

I am trying really hard to not drink or SI right now.......

It doesn't feel real. I wish I could erase it.

-poisonous-

Old 19-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
in another life
frantically falling

I am currently:

*hugs*
Hun, I'm sorry you went through this! It wasn't your fault and it was wrong! I hope you are able to find the support u need! Stay safe hun!

in another life is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)