RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #461
Shoshana Rochel

I am currently:

Nothing much to add, but just wanted to leave *hugs*

"I need you to know, I'm not through the night. Some days I'm still fighting to walk towards the light."

"I don't belong here, I gotta move on, dear. Escape from this afterlife"

"Don't let them in, don't let them see. Be the good girl you always had to be. Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know."

Old 06-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #462
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thank you Sasha :) x

Got occupational health this morning. Any tiny chance I had of clearing it has probably gone because I had literally no sleep!!!

On day 4 of no sleep and I'm not even tired! So weird!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #463
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Your I'm currently being "hyper" plus no sleep and not tired should be a warning sign of potential elevation in your mood, it might be worth keeping an eye out for other warning signs or ask someone close to you to do so.

I hope the occy health goes/has gone ok.

I was just wondering whether you monitored your mood? As a casual observer it seems that once your mood has returned to normal you almost forget how you were a few days/weeks earlier. If you had a chart or similar of how your mood was the previous week etc it might help you. Also might help you with working towards discharge if you can say look my mood has been fine for X weeks or my mood did this and I coped or whenever my mood reaches this level I struggle and end up in A&E how can I help myself a few days before mood reaches a level at which I struggle..

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #464
Revival

Don't know what to say Beckie, but I think you need to talk to your CPN about getting something to help you sleep, you can't keep going like this, it won't end well. Thinking of you x

Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #465
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I just called my CPN and she said I sound excitable! haha!
I suppose I kind of do, was just rambling on at her about nothing (did get the important stuff said though!)
I asked her for pills because I haven't slept and still not tired and I don't really mind, I kind of like it but it's not really normal I suppose!
She said get a GP appointment because it would be quicker than seeing a doc at the CMHT. But I won't be able to get an appointment now! They've stopped the emergency appointment thingy.

Thank you :) It was fine, but she wants a letter from my consultant
I know my MH teams opinion on me working soooo that's probably not going to go well but I told my CPN and she said we'll talk about it at my psych appointment on Monday and I'm seeing her on Thursday anyway.

I haven't ever done that, it probably would be worth doing!
I'll give it a go!!

It feels like my body is in fast forward mode! Even my heart rate is through the roof! Literally internally fast forwarding!!!

EDIT: Posted at the same time Ally! I did speak to my CPN, need to try and get GP appointment. Not likely!!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #466
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I am pretty sure you can get an app for mood monitoring if you have a smartphone.

I think it is important that you are recognising that you are sped up today/possibly hypomanic. Can you plan a relaxing and quiet day and avoid stimulating yourself too much?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Old 06-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #467
Revival

Hope you're able to get an appointment, can you explain that it's important or just a quick one? (Don't know how the NHS works so I could be totally off). You need to try and slow down. Like thumbelina (Sarah?) said, can you plan a quiet day? Are you avoiding caffeine etc?

Old 06-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #468
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I'll have a look for a mood app :)

I'm trying to chill out and watch kids tv because I like kids tv! Although I get really 'in my day we had waaay better programmes' :P
I feel so old! Most people think I look about 30 and I'm 22! Sad times!

The appointments line at my GP doesn't open again until 2 apparently! I think the system now is that you call up at the end of the day if there are no appointments left and then you get called by a doctor and they decide whether you need to come in or not!!!
It's weird because my CPN said that a doctor there can't prescribe me stuff unless they see me and they are busy but I've been prescribed stuff before without them seeing me and my mum has even gone to pick it up for me!!

I kind of need to explain that I can't have diazepam, lorazepam, zopiclone or zolpidem because they either make me hyper or make me hallucinate!!! And I've built up a tolerance to promethazine so it doens't touch me unless I take over the recommended max dose which only one nurse has ever let me do which sucks!!!

Anyway....rambling! :P

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #469
Wonderland.

Weren't you on Clonazepam a while back, if I remember correctly? Perhaps you could see about getting put on that.

Moodlytics is a good free app :)

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Old 06-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #470
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks Ames :)

I had clonazepam once but was prescribed it when I attended a random a&e when staying with friends because I was mental, I've asked for it here before, but they don't like prescribing it I think because it's a controlled drug and a pain in the arse to get sorted! They just give me either diazpeam (makes me hyper) lorazepam (makes me hallucinate) and promethazine (does fuck all!)
And I do tell them but they ALWAYS say 'just try it; it might work this time!'
Every.damn.time!!!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #471
Wonderland.

Have you spoken to your psych about what would be best? She might have more insight into what may be more suitable for you.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #472
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Not yet! Saw him for the first time 3 months ago because my old psych is on maternity leave and only saw him really briefly because the CMHT was without a psych for months so he had a shit load of catching up to do so he had to rush off, it was a short appointment!!!

I don't trust him with meds either, he didn't know that lamotrigine could help with moods, even though it's other licensed use other than epilepsy is bipolar!!! Pfffft!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #473
Wonderland.

Oh thats not good, how can he not know that!

Do you have any idea about what may be helpful for you?

Old 06-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #474
almostAwarrior90

I am currently:

I have an awesome mood tracker app on my iPhone called mood panda. You should look into it. Best of luck with getting something to help you sleep.

Carrie/23/Self Harm/Depression/Anxiety/Warrior
All my windows still are broken but I'm standing on my feet.
Nothing is more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.- Demi Lovato
Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, and Little Mix give me hope.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #475
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I know Ames! Silly doctor :P
I don't really mind anyway because he's fit!!!

I don't know what would help. Skydiving? Parasailing? Holiday?! Basically, everything that I can't do because I'm broke and have epilepsy!!!
Just something!!

Gonna call up the GP at 2pm probably after 2 actually because they are always sooo busy with calls when they open it's impossible to get through and even impossibler to get an appointment!!!

Thank you :D

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #476
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I hope you manage to get a GP appointment this afternoon x

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #477
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Beckie <3

I hope you manage to get an appointment and something to help you sleep.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Old 06-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #478
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks both x
No appointments sadly!
So no sleep today!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 06-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #479
Patch.
:)

I am currently:

Sorry to hear sleep is a problem. It's so annoying when you can't sleep. Hope you get an appointment soon!

and yey for fit doctors! even if they don't know what they are doing :P xx

How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?

Old 06-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #480
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Sorry you weren't able to get an appointment. Could you try getting one for tomorrow/ASAP just so you know you have one? Or maybe even a telephone consultation and speak to your GP that way?

Fit doctors are good :P

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)