Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Sketchy

I am currently:
In a constant panic

I'm constantly panicking. I feel sick with worry. I worry about everything, but I also have this inexplicable fear for no reason. I'm so scared something bad will happen. Everything is scary just now and I can't escape. I've gotten this way before and ended up in hospital, which I don't want to happen again.
This is making me low. I'm sinking badly. Please, how do I make this stop. I need a break from it.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Sorry to hear that you're struggling so much, it must be exhausting feeling so on edge.

Do you have any sort of crisis plan that outlines the best course of action for when things get bad?

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #3
TheArtistInThe Ambulance
I Care.

I am currently:

I'm sorry you feel so anxious. Do you have any helpful coping mechanisms? I find that anxiety happens when I'm stuck in my own head. Some mindfulness might help you feel a little more grounded. For examples, listen to happy music LOUD, hold a frozen orange and smell while you peel it, get engrossed in something you enjoy.
*Hugs*

You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That you're beautiful as you feel.

TheArtistInThe Ambulance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 12:17 PM   #4
Sketchy

I am currently:

Thank you Jenna. I'm going to phone my OT tomorrow . I phoned last week and tried distractions as she suggested, but that hasn't helped. I should probably have a crisis plan, that's a good idea.

Artist in ambulance, thank you. I have some coping mechanisms but I'm in such a mess that I can't even focus. Mindfulness is a good idea. I will try that again.

Old 29-11-2016, 11:50 PM   #5
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

I hope your OT was able to offer some helpful suggestions.

When you've been through periods like this before and ended up in hospital, was there anything either in or outside of hospital that improved things for you?

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.

Old 30-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #6
Isoverity

I am currently:

Worry is a negative faith. If you get upset you'll think too much - and thinking too much will make you upset. On and on the circle goes- and down and down.

As you react, and think/feel too much, you fall from your center. That creates an intuitive conflict and fear . Fear is sometimes a warning flag that you're going the wrong way. Overreacting is the wrong way because it externalises you and gives control of yourself to unhealthy stresses that originate outside you and then get inside you to displace the connection to your core. Now you cant give yourself calmness and faith but you can learn to see the emotional roots of your thoughts and then the way thought fan feelings again. Observe and catch yourself at this and that alone tends to edge you back to center.

Keep a lighthearted attitude and dont fall into your imagination about the million things that can go wrong (because they usually dont). As you dry out from excess worry you start to flow from inside yourself again and you feel positive. Instead of bad things happening out of the blue good things happen. If you get all negative you attract more negative things like metal filings to a magnet. You can make the things you fear come true by fixating on them and dwelling. So learn that worry never makes things better no matter how serious the problems.

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
Sketchy

I am currently:

Jenna, thank you. My problem is when I get this bad I just can't think what will help at the time. I think I need to discuss my meds with my psych, because when I was in hospital last year I was put on meds that helped, but some months ago I had to change because of a side effect. Maybe my current medication isn't helping.

Isoverity, thank you for the reply. It's given me something to think about.

Old 30-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #8
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hey lovely,

It must be very exhausting to be on edge all the time. Did you speak to your OT?

Talking to your psych about medication sounds like it might be helpful, do you have an appointment coming up? Perhaps they could even add something just while things are so difficult.

Take care,

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #9
Irisflower

I am currently:

Do you like hot drinks _ coffee or tea, decaf or caf? Over time I have trained myself to associate these with relaxing. It does mean that I spend way too much money on coffee, though! Sorry to hear about the worry and anxiety. I know how painful they can be.

I changed my password everywhere to "incorrect". That way, when I forget it, it always reminds me, "Your password is incorrect."

Irisflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #10
Sketchy

I am currently:

I do like hot drinks. I'll give that a try thanks.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #11
Sketchy

I am currently:

Sorry Katie, I meant to reply to you too. I spoke to my OT and I see her on Monday. I don't have a psych appointment until February, but I will try contact her because I know I can't go in like this.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

I'm glad you're going to try to contact your psych and hopefully get the medication sorted out. Are you able to contact her directly or can your OT help you to get an appointment?

Have you heard of the TIPP skill? It's DBT skill that I'm always going on about as I've found particularly the first part really helpful when I'm in a really panicked and unsafe state. Essentially it involves putting your face in cold water for about thirty seconds! I wonder if something like that might help settle things enough for you to be able to use some of your other coping strategies.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #13
Sketchy

I am currently:

Jenna, I'll look into that thanks. Yes, I'm sure I can contact my psych through the OT. Thank you for all your help.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)