RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 15-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
Treebread

Life in a downward spiral

I'm not sure how many details to share, but to sum up.. after a very poor 2018/2019 im clueless on how to get my life back together.

Depression hit hard after my first relationship ended (29 male), and despite seeking help from multiple counsellors/therapists, I was unable to pull myself out and ended up fired from my job for bad reasons. Apathy had taken over and I struggled to do small tasks (for example, filling out timesheets consistently).

I managed to go on Employment Insurance, but my time on that is down to 6 months remaining and I have no idea what im going to do at the end.

I've always worked in the same field doing consumer computer repairs, but in the small town I live in there aren't really any relevant places hiring. Reluctantly I managed to get hired by a big box store, but lost that job after 2 days because of Coronavirus.

Thus im currently stuck with the following issues:

-Unemployed with no job prospects
-$4k in debt leftover from relationship
-Struggling to save any money, delivery food being a huge problem as im now finding it a huge struggle to leave my apartment for any reason, especially as Coronavirus was/is going on and depression still hitting hard

Employment insurance covers the bills, but i am still essentially living paycheck to paycheck and end up in overdraft quite often.

I don't think any one piece of advice is going to help, but im hoping for some outside perspective that might provide some hope..

Thanks for listening...

Treebread is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 16-07-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you've been through a rough time. I think that often the best way to get back on your feet is to do so slowly, setting yourself little goes a step at a time until you're back in the habit of doing stuff. Maybe a first step would be choosing a day when you want to go to the shops to get some food in, so that you don't need to rely on takeaway food (if I've interpreted that correctly).

Do you have any ideas as to why the therapy/counselling you had wasn't particularly effective for you?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)