RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
RoxanaRosaBella
Keep Calm And Drink Tea.

I am currently:
A+E or Am I Being Dramatic.

I'm not sure if this goes here but I am going to attempt to explain myself so here it goes.
I read something (not on here) which has triggered me (hope that's allowed to be said). So I'm sat here really trying not to think about what I am tempted to do as I would be doing it for wrong and selfish reasons. But it feels as though it might be the only way.
My question is I feel like I need to do something that's not good. So everyone's advice would be to go straight to A+E? But do I really need to or do I just need to distract myself. How am i supposed to know when I'm supposed to go in and i really need help or am i just being stupid.

RoxanaRosaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 22-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

If distraction isn't working then maybe you could try and call a helpline?
A&E would definitely not be a stupid idea if you are feeling like you're going to harm yourself. That's what the A&E mh teams are there for and it's way better to go before something happens than after.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
RoxanaRosaBella
Keep Calm And Drink Tea.

I am currently:

But they always make feel going in there was the wrong desision by going in. Last time I went in they basically said they couldn't do anything unless I had done something. The time before that they said they wish Id went in before I oded. So I just don't know anymore.

Old 22-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #4
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Sometimes it does depend on who you get. Some mh people are more helpful than others.
In my opinion it's always best to go in before anything bad happens. Sometimes just being in a safe place can help.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
RoxanaRosaBella
Keep Calm And Drink Tea.

I am currently:

That's the thing the hospital isn't a safe place for me. I'm not exactly sure where is at the minute....

Old 22-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #6
Sock

I am currently:

If hospitals don't feel safe, could you distract yourself? What usually helps?
Maybe find something in the distractions list on this site (at the top).
Alternatively, is there someone you could talk to, friend or family? Not necessarily about being triggered if you dont want to, but as a means to take your mind away?

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #7
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I think you need to ask yourself what would help you keep safe and not do the bad thing?
Like dose meeting /taking to a friend help?
Have you tried a different kind of help line?
Could something like a mh day centre work or even just getting out the house and doing something active like sports or the gym?
Is removing yourself from the situation possible?
Or writing how you feel down?

After trying somethings or knowing what has help in the past then you may be able to decide if a&e is the right place.

Of course a&e is always an option if you just can't stay safe but can you think of alternatives if you really don't want to go to a&e?

Hope you feel better soon and it passes. X

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #8
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there,

How are you feeling now?

I hope you were able to distract yourself, or keep yourself safe.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #9
RoxanaRosaBella
Keep Calm And Drink Tea.

I am currently:

Im doing okay. Im just zoned out. Like I don't want to interact with anyone or be near anyone. Ive been distacting myself by watching netflix. Thanks for the replies. I see my therapist tomorrow so I am going to tell her how things have been. Im not sure if this can be answered or even asked so if its not appropiate let me know.

If i was to tell my therapist I had done something would she tell anyone or make me go to the hospital? I am over 18 years of age.

Old 23-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #10
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there,

It can be difficult when you feel so disconnected from the outside world. I get the same sometimes and it seems to take all my effort to pull myself out of the ravine to be able to talk to someone.

It's good you've been distracting yourself.

I believe, as with any professional, they will only disclose to someone else if they deem you are a risk to yourself or others.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Old 24-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #11
RoxanaRosaBella
Keep Calm And Drink Tea.

I am currently:

I'm a bit fuzzy today as probably did something I shouldn't. I told my fiancee and he is taking me to the walk in to see if they can do anything. I didn't end up seeing my counsellor. I'm unsure of were to turn now.

Old 25-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #12
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hey,

How are things today?

I hope you were able to see someone at the walk-in.

Do you have another appointment arranged to see the counsellor?

x x x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)