RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
melancholy heartbreak
melancholy heartbreak

I am currently:
scared

Ok, i havent been diagnosed with an ED, but i have a serious problem with food and have done for nearly 3 weeks and maybe i'm being in denial and don't want to admit i have a problem, because i haven't eaten properly since the start of may and food terrifies me.

My mum who i don't really want to be around at the moment because of other issues has just announced she wants to go out for a meal for my brothers birthday in a few weeks, this has brought me on a complete downer. I cant go to a restraunt! ill crack up or go mental i cant physically eat a meal, i can only eat what i feel comfortable with and i barely been eating. Food terrifies me because im terrified of getting fat , i just cant face going to a restraunt thats the worst situation possible because you dont know whats in the food but i dont want to ruin my brothers birthday. Im seriously scared . My thoughts of suicide have come back.....

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

melancholy heartbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

It does sound like this has come one very fast and strongly. Do you have any professional help for any other issues? Do you go to a counsellor or anything? I would suggest mentioning it to them if you do have one, or else go to your GP. It's best to get it sorted before it gets too far, if you leave it til later, it'll be much harder to fix it.

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
melancholy heartbreak
melancholy heartbreak

I am currently:

I have depression, i have a social worker but hes a bloke and id feel weird speaking to him about it , i see my GP aswel , im gunna have it write it down and give it to her because i cant talk about it and well focussing on food has helped me with my depression because it has been lifting my mood because medication doesn't work :/ I just dont want to admit it though

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

melancholy heartbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
Xjust meX

I am currently:

That's exactly what I did. I wrote about my eating disorder; and then handed it to my doctor to read. She said that was completely fine to do it that way. I found it helpful to express on paper versus explaining it verbally. After she read it, we then talked about it.

Xjust meX is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)