RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:
General Medical Question - Non Urgent - 'Weird' head sensation

This has happened to me a number of times before, but again last night. I just don't know what it is and wondered if anyone had any ideas.
Basically, it feels like there is a cord attached to the back of my skull which is 'pulling' my head backwards away from my body, and with it I feel extremely 'floaty' and cold and hot at the same time.
I'm sorry, I'm not explaining it very well but it's an extremely strange sensation. It doesn't really feel like I do when I'm about to faint.
Any ideas?

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

Do you take any particular medication/s before this happens? If so it may be a side effect of one of your drugs.

Also if you're exhausted its hard to stand or do things, etc. Maybe you get so tired that you can't keep your head up.

Sorry I can't think of any other reason but if its really bothering you, pop down to your GP for a check up. It won't hurt you to do so.

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thanks. No, it's unrelated to my meds, although it does most commonly happen at night when I'm in bed (after I take them).
Hmm. I have been extremely tired recently, but it doesn't feel like just tiredness. I suppose it might be related though.

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

Old 11-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
Emmabob.

I am currently:

when im tired, feels like something pulls on my head, usually backwards. sort of like i cant keep my head upright if that makes any sense?

Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Geranium

I am currently:

One possibility is something called a "hypnogogic jerk" -a strange sensation like falling backwards, often experienced on the verge of sleeping/waking or when you are badly tired. If so it's classified as a sleep disorder, but is very common and not a cause for concern.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thanks. Geranium, I do know what you mean but it's not a jerking sensation, more like a constant pull on the back of my head that makes my surroundings go funny and me feel really 'out of it' for quite some time.
I do have an eating disorder but it doesn't feel like the usual faintness/exhaustion I get from that.

Terry Pratchett

Old 18-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
simka

I am currently:

do you feel rather lightheade at all? because i get panic attacks and they make me feel like i have a funny head, kinda floaty and then when the attack is over i feel really tired.. are you anxious at all?

Old 18-06-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

I get sometimes a trapped nerve type pain in the centre back of my neck where the spine would be. It feels like a sudden sharp yanking sensation with a warm feeling. I can only assume its a straining or pulling something there.

If it keeps happening I would see your GP. Does it co-inside with any other symtoms, try and think back if you have a lot of things going on, because it may be that those occurances you'd have dismissed.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)