Soooo I'm in a surprisingly upbeat mood today and decided to spread the joy. I've also had a look and didn't seem to be a thread like this. If there is, please tell me and I'll delete this ASAP
This is the thread where we talk about the BEST things that have happened to us/that we have acheived this year.
Can be recovery based, hence this is in general support, but, thet must be POSITIVE things. Becsuse even if at some points it might have felt like the worst year ever, there's always some light.
I shall start.
This year I have:
Met my current gf.
Continued to work, and at present I enjoy my job.
Cut an extremely toxic person out of my life.
Got to see lots of my friends
Travelled to Australia and back on m own, and got to see my very best friend face to face again.
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare,
As any she belied with false compare.
Claire-Rose, I loove this idea <3 Not to bring negativity into the thread but the last few years have been quite rough for me and I struggle to see positives in general, so looking back and writing them down I feel will be really helpful.
So, thank you! x
Wrote articles and poetry.
Found a lovely place to live(not homeless anymore.)
Location: sitting this one out in the safety cupboard
I am currently:
Lovely to read both your posts Claire-Rose and Lucy, and I look forward to reading other people's! Great idea for a thread Claire-Rose :)
- passed my NQT year and accepted a permanent contract at my school
- reached 3 years SH free
- significantly improved my marking (as in school books)
- organised a srs bsns event at school which was giving me ALL the woe
- reconnected with lots of people I had lost contact with
- met some new people who are excellent
- didn't at any point stop my medication with the sole intention of losing weight
Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 20-12-2015 at 09:17 PM.
We’ll find a way to fight it, we always have.
It's not how tragically we suffer but how miraculously we live.
- made it over a year free from laxative abuse.
- got a tattoo
- got to see Ed Sheeran at wembley
- passed my Child development module
- went to colour conference and really enjoyed it
- met P and making progress with his help
- completed a course of CBT.
- feel generally more confident, assertive, self-assured and aware of my own boundaries.
- started yoga and joined a gym.
- decided what I actually want to do with my life and worked out how to start making that happen.
- D got a job and it's vastly improved things for us.
- haven't had crisis involvement for six months, and have dealt well with various changes in care team.
- also came off antipsychotics and haven't had an episode in many months.
- had really pleasant days out with D and with family.
- Passed uni
- Started a new therapy
- Was binge/purge free for most of the days of 2015
- Out of hospital for three months now
- made new friends and spent time with old friends getting to know them better
- moved into a nice safe flat that is starting to feel like home.
- Improved my house with furnishings and decorations so it's now liveable.
- A great year living with my girlfriend.
- Made good friends with people I work with and had some social nights after work.
- Realise who my friends are.
- Took gf to Ireland.
There's probably others but I can't think of them right now.
-Completed a course of CBT with a fantastic psychologist
-Overcame my fear of flying by going on a course
-Holiday to New York
-Going to the Sherlocked convention and meeting Benedict Cumberbatch
-Seeing Cats and Wicked with Dave in London
-Passing my first OU module and starting the next two
-Moving in with Dave
-Getting a job (and have been there over 3 months now)
-Getting a cat
-Being discharged from the CMHT
-Going to London alone for a Time to Change conference
-Getting another tattoo
-Having an operation and dealing with the pain afterwards
-Coping with other unpleasant hospital tests
-Being 99.9% self harm free this year
-Going Up North twice- once to stay with Dave's family, and again for a wedding
-Restarting my driving lessons and booking my theory test
This year has been challenging but ultimately extremely positive :D
Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…
you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.
Nice thread =)
Thought I'd struggle to think of some but once you start thinking things keep popping up, year really has been long!
Started learning how to drive finally!!! And now I dunno why I put it off! (Few months into it)
Went to opticians around July because I was blaming projectors etc for fuzzy writing, turns out I'm slightly short sighted... I'm glad I've got that sorted out though, it's nice to see distant things so in focus with glasses =D
Presented at a couple of conferences, also gave Famelab a go back in January but I was awful with uncontrollable nerves
Been more sociable this year which has been really great, it's helped that lots of new people have joined work and want to get to know everyone, nice having friends
Ran two 10k races, didn't train much like I hoped, but at least did them still, was a resolution this year to give running a go (not convinced on it unfortunately =P)
Did a couple of outreach things/open days as well to try and be more outspoken
Work was busy with moving to a new site but it turned out well and I helped with it as much as I could
Things relatively steady mood wise which is alright, better than not being so
Last edited by look out a piano : 23-12-2015 at 02:36 AM.
Reconnected with old friends, strengthened bonds & made many lovely new ones
Got on to my University Degree
Have increased in confidence and the ability to stand up for what I believe to be right
Asses and be a 'little scientist' in order to retain my reality. Understand others motives/emotions/biases from a million different angles in order to pause before taking on board others words immediately as truth
Moved down South
Released some guilt, enabling me to spend Christmas around others, rather than isolate & feel need to spend alone.
Dealt with stress utilising healthier coping mechanisms [4 ? years free SH]
Become more adventurous with trying new foods and throwing myself into new experiences
Enjoyed discovering new and exploring more already established fandoms (X-Files/Anime etc)
Feel more sure of the person I am
Feel like I have a few 'homes' and home from homes
Went to see FLorence and The Machine, alone, because 'Aint NObody Got Time TO Miss Out on Seeing the Lovely FLo <3
[I hope this post doesn't jinx anything or undo anything now. The fact that thought would have stopped me from posting in the past but now doesn't is also a move forward]
'What came first, the phoenix or the flame?'
'I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning'
^ I knew that was you when seeing that on lfv
You did brilliantly and I'm über proud of you <3
My absolute highlight in 2015 is the birth of my adorable nephew and on my birthday too.
He's so beautiful and perfect in every single way.
Close second my sister's wonderful wedding and having her husband be part of the family
Going to London where re connecting with Tonks and a day full of Jenna&Lana London traditions were only two of my many, many highlights.
Star Wars exhibit in Cologne and getting excited for the new movie.
Getting lots and lots of recognition at my job from coworkers, managers and customers.
Meeting my baby nephew for the first time.
Talking to my sister more often due to her baby.
My mum getting a phone and texting me.
All my friends are alive.
Doing the 3D Big Ben.
Looking great in the JPEG from my and Jenna‘s trip to Crepe Affair.
My new hair cut coz it's awesome
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know