Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-01-2015, 10:46 PM   #1
Nayy

I am currently:
Cornerstone house

Has anyone ever been to cornerstone or can tell me anything (hopefully possitive) about it? I am being refered there. Thanks

Nayy is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 14-01-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Cacoethes
¡Viva la Revolución!

I am currently:

Yep. I was there first in 2009 and again a couple of years ago.
I still speak to the unit manager now. He's weird but he really cares about people. He's pretty much always there.

It didn't work out for me but that was my fault.
It's a good place, not really your typical hospital. It focuses on you as an individual rather than one therapy programme for all. The main therapy is MBT. I believe they've also built some new flats on site, there used to he just one for when someone is well enough to move out of the building and get more independence.
The staff there actually do care and will always find time to talk to you.
They take into account your personal interests as well. When I was there first, there was a girl who used to be a student nurse and she got to go to a convention thing for nurses, I went horse riding, another girl went to Go Ape a few times.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know?

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
~SuNsHiNe~

I am currently:

Don't know about it but wanted to let you know I read your post and am sending you hugs. Take care

"just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a beautiful butterfly..."

~SuNsHiNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #4
Nayy

I am currently:

I'm just worried what there self harm policy is as I've been really struggling with that.
Horse riding sounds amazing (take it you pay for excursions yourself)

Nayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #5
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Just looked at the website, it looks like a really good place with a good structure of activities and therapy with great facilities. If I were staying long term in a hospital I'd want to go somewhere like that because you'll actually be doing things throughout the day rather then left to your own devices.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #6
Cacoethes
¡Viva la Revolución!

I am currently:

From what I remember, they paid for it all.

You have a timetable for the day so you're generally always doing something.
I had a volunteer job in town at a charity shop when I was there, one girl went to college and a couple were doing home learning courses which was timetabled in.

I used to self harm when I was there. I got put on 1-1 a few times. It's not the sort of place that you get kicked out for self harming. They'd rather help you through it. And they don't confiscate all your stuff. Before I went there, I was in a place where I wasn't allowed anything (including toilet paper or bedding) in my room, but they didn't bother with that at cornerstone and gave me a chance.

It's different to other places. They took me on even though they said they wouldn't usually take patients 'like me' just because they saw that I just needed the right help. And they gave me a seconomic chance years later when I was pregnant and there was nothing else. I don't know what would have happened to me if they hadn't gone above and beyond to help me.
Like I said, they genuinely do care. It's not just a business.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)