Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Arienette

I am currently:
What to do r.e. Treatment/support/mh stuff?!?

I'm not sure what to do, or what my options are.

I was under cmht for 3 years and asked for discharge in May, it happened about June or so.

I am now under my GP. In college I see the mental health support worker every 2 weeks. I have a floating support worker who I've seen about 3 times but I can't be bothered to see him lately.

It just feels like a pain in the arse. My problem is that I'm struggling a bit. I wa really happy, but hearing stuff and feeling nervous etc, anyway today I've been completely spaced out and irritable and down.

For no reason.

I saw my gp and he mentioned about a re referral to cmht but even though it's been spoken about because the police keep getting in contact with them when I've had incidents. But the cmht are also saying that a referral might be pointless because they can't do anything to hep or support me, and I know this from before because even if they could have helped me they would have refused.

I don't even know what I want for support, I think someone to talk to who could help me make progress or med review or something, I agree there isn't much they can do. I think seeing on the screen today in a letter that the Drs said there's nothing to be done makes me feel hopeless because I'm trying so hard and no matter what my mental health just gets in the way off getting on with my life- and it's making me question everything because my whole world feels like an impossible puzzle. X

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Sounds like cmht could help because they could give you someone to talk to and review your meds.

Are there any low cost/free counselling services in your area that you know of?

You could also look up mind in your area and see if they can help or give advice on where to go next.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #3
Arienette

I am currently:

I was referred to mind for after discharge support but they said that my "needs were too complex for their service" - that old line.

It's like being in limbo land. My gp said he'd find out about being referred to a different cmht but I'm not hopeful they'll be able to do anything for me either. X
Ugh, Bleh!! X

Old 17-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

I'm confused, you say you have a floating support worker but that you cannot be bothered to see him lately. Is there a reason you don't utilise this?

Does the mental health support worker at college have any suggestions, or could they even support a referal to CMHT for additional support, since medication reveiws are integral in your care. Another CMHT does seem like an option, and CMHTs often have 'Recovery Colleges' for those under services to access, so perservering with the referal to look outside the box so to speak is definitely worthwhile.

<a href=http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24017&dateline=1413142787 target=_blank>http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...e=141314  2787</a>

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #5
Arienette

I am currently:

I can't be bothered to see him lately because I find him frustrating tbh. He doesn't say much and on some stuff like my housing situation he's not been helpful because I knew more about it than him and did it myself. I would have found it helpful for him to phone council for me as I struggle with that but he just forgets.

Tbh I'd probably prefer if they just threw happy pills and chill pills at me so I could manage it on my own using those.

I'm finding talking to people in any service frustrating, except the college support because she listens well and gets it. I hate having to keep explaining to myself to him and he just, isn't very switched on and I'm finding it frustrating.

I want help to help myself, I just don't know what the answer would be: I just know it's not mulling over how **** my life can be without working on moving forward and obtaining results to help change it. Tbh I just don't find him that supportive yet, I feel like I struggle to open up to him properly because he's a bit slow.

Am I being tight? I just can't be bothered with doing things that feel like a waste of my time. X

Old 18-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #6
Arienette

I am currently:

My support worker is coming over tomorrow. I am going to ask him about this stuff.

Also, if I write a letter for when I see my gp next explaining that I would like support, but first I would like an assessment r.e. my diagnosis, would that be OK and the right way to go about that at all?

Thanks.

Old 19-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #7
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
My support worker is coming over tomorrow. I am going to ask him about this stuff.

Also, if I write a letter for when I see my gp next explaining that I would like support, but first I would like an assessment r.e. my diagnosis, would that be OK and the right way to go about that at all?

Thanks.
yea I think a letter is a good idea about your diagnosis. You could the get her opinion on it all. She may advice as to what to do next.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)