Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
Serialangel

I am currently:
First time with Home Treatment Team

Hi,

I've been in and out on RYL but my mental health state has deteriorated over the last couple of months. I've become really suicidal, been making plans, and then I overdosed on Saturday (not as a suicide attempt) and in hospital on Sunday. I've now got a home treatment team coming tomorrow as I'm very much at risk of overdosing again. This has never happened to me, and it's scary, it's scary getting taken seriously, but also how reckless and wild I feel (diagnosed w BPD, depression and anxiety). I don't know what my future is, I don't know how long work will support me. It's all pretty scary to be honest. I don't know where I am.

But Basically wanted to know what people's experiences of the Home Treatment Team was, how to get the best of them, what to expect.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way (Pink Floyd)

Serialangel is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 19-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I've had mostly good experiences with home treatment teams. I find it is good to have someone to talk to daily and you can call them up if you are struggling and ask for support over the phone and sometimes they will come and see you earlier in the day.
You will get the most out of them if you use the support they offer and ask for help when you need it.
Like if you really think your gonna OD pick up the phone and call them and ask them to talk you through why not to do it or how to stop the urges.

I've even seen HTT while I've been in work and they just come round before or after work each day so you can work and still get their support.

If you tell them how you feel and use their advice they can be very beneficial to your recovery.

Sorry you have been so unwell rescetly.
If you need support you can ask here too.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Serialangel

I am currently:

Thanks, that's really helpful to know they offer emotional support and not just a 'bureaucratic' service. I met a nurse today, and she was ok. I could do with the support, and will try to speak to them, although I find it very very hard. Yeah they've mentioned seeing me whether I'm at work or not too...

Thanks for your words.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way (Pink Floyd)

Serialangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)