^
that is so true, i think i just fell i love with you lol

one WOUND for every reason WHY

Old 07-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #122
~*RazorbladeKiss*~
~Wat doesnt kill you makes you wish you were dead~

I am currently:

lol finally someone that agrees with me about that

Everyone is going to hurt you sooner or later.
You just have to decide whose worth the pain.

Old 25-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #123
sarr3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothir View Post
I've never seen a SH film centred around a guy, does anybody know of such a film?
I agree that girls seem to be most vulnerable to it, but a male story would help widen perspective.
To Save A Life is an amazing movie. It's not all about self harm, but one of the characters (male) self harm in it.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #124
sarr3

You deff. should watch Manic it's amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolokoDolly View Post
I have to say that Downloading Nancy is a very depressing movie and very powerful at the same time. I feel how she feels in that movie and i couldn't help but cry because it was like i was watching myself.

Prozac Nation: I just finished watching this and this is why I am now a part of this site.
Augusta Gone: i love this movie but man would I hate to be sent there.
13: For some reason it's hard to watch her SI. But I cant help but watch this movie all the time.
Secretary: I love this movie. I think it's the first movie really portray the life of a masochist and the type of relationship a dom and sub have.
Girl, Interrupted: Another one of my favorite movies. Specially since Angela Bettis is in this and May is one of my favorite movies.
Saw: I love the Saw series but the only SI is Amanda and the overweight dude in the barb wire.
Ginger Snaps: I love there series as well. The second one has very intense SI in the begging and a little through out but it's not associated with her being depressed or angry. it's more about her seeing how quickly she is transforming into a werewolf but she ends up in a hospital/recovery thing for girls.
Virgin Suicides: I loved this movie a lot, but I feel like some parts were just slow.
The Wall: This is one sad movie. It just makes me depressed when i watch this. But I actually shaved my eyebrows off a while ago because of this movie.

I've never seen these ones 2:37, ****ing Amal, Stay, Manic, Painful Secrets, On the Edge of Innocence, but plan on it now.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #125
DestroyMe
the world is no longer mysterious

I am currently:

the movie Martyrs scared the absolute sh*t out of me the first time I saw it
was not expecting a horror film and it didn't help I was watching it at like 1 am with all the lights off.
in hindsight though it's really good...twisted as f*ck but good.

there's another one called "suicide circle"
it's a Japanese film. I found it gory and really hard to follow
not really SI just..odd {the begining shows about 53 girls jumping in front of a moving train at the same time}
it's more of a mystery film then anything
it actually bored me near the end so I never finished it.

uhm. The Rules of Attraction is good one of my favorites actually. there's no actual SI in it just one odd Suicide scene and it jumps around a bit but it's good.

I like really odd based movies >.>
oh and a friend recommended May for me a few weeks ago. I watched it and the ending literally made me go "what the F*ck????" it's really good but creepy
and Requiem for a Dream was good too...trippy though but it's got Jared Leto in it ^_^

“Because everything that goes around comes around. Maybe it's luck or maybe it's fate, but either way, it comes back around."

Rest in Love Sar-sis. I'll see you the next time around hopefully <3 12/11/92-05/18/16
AJs mommy ❤️ 11/26/17
Married to my best friend and Soulmate 3/5/18 ❤️💍

Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #126
~IntoxicatedRainbow
<3

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarr3 View Post
To Save A Life is an amazing movie. It's not all about self harm, but one of the characters (male) self harm in it.
Oh yes, I saw that a few weeks ago. I really loved it. :) Definitely worth a try.

A hand above the water / An angel reaching for the sky
Is it raining in heaven - Do you want us to cry?

Old 15-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #127
marilynnrose

I am currently:

does anyone know where i could find the torrents for augusta gone and 2:37? they're not in my movie store...

Old 26-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #128
~*RazorbladeKiss*~
~Wat doesnt kill you makes you wish you were dead~

I am currently:

"I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" is an old but good movie about a girl who has illusions of another world (she's kinda schizophrenic) and after she attempted suicide she is put in a mental hospital. There's some scenes where she hurts herself. Cutting and burning.

I think the main actress is brilliant in her role. Totally convincing.

Everyone is going to hurt you sooner or later.
You just have to decide whose worth the pain.

Old 26-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #129
Kasai
Tempermental artist

I am currently:

Prozac Nation and Girl, Interrupted were absolutely brilliant!

I've seen Painful Secrets in the past though and I'm not sure if it was the acting or what...but to me it felt as if it were a giant mockery and it just made me feel awful...But that's just my opinion, no offense to anyone that likes it. I was just curious if anyone else felt that way after watching it?

Beauty is not caused. It is.

"Without you, everywhere is nowhere."
<3

Old 29-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #130
Eyesore

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waida View Post
does anyone know where i could find the torrents for augusta gone and 2:37? they're not in my movie store...
Maybe a bit late...and dno if you've downloaded them already, but I'll send you the torrent links I downloaded them from! :)

Maybe I wasn't made for this world
All the space in between the soul and the seams
Maybe I wasn't made for this world

Old 30-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #131
edgeofmars

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilshoar View Post
i watched a period drama that featured self harm it seeme weird to see a Edwardian girl cut herself
hmm, what was that called?

Old 30-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #132
edgeofmars

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by well View Post
on the show 'Intervention' they have some episodes about that and on certain episodes of Dr. Phil and Oprah.....I keep finding myself checking them to see what the topic is for the day.....hoping.....XD.....sad, right?.....=D.....
so do i.

Old 18-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #133
evie_blue

I am currently:

Anyone seen 'I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK?' - it's incredible, so weird and original, about a girl who thinks she's a cyborg and cuts herself open and won't eat because she's so afraid rice will mess up her 'machine' parts...totally worth a go if you're a big indie film fan xx

Old 18-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #134
evie_blue

I am currently:

Also, incase anyone hasn't mentioned it, Betty Blue - incredible french film about a very troubled girl, the character is amazing, again, definitely one for the more serious indie film fans! xx

Old 18-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #135
ItWasAFireFight
Become Undone, let it be.

I am currently:

Into the fire, its a great film. there Self injury in it but it is not a huge part well i guess it kind of is. just check it out its a greast film, amazing actors, you can get it on amazon for cheap and can be found on netflix

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.

Old 20-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #136
nowhereman

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*RazorbladeKiss*~ View Post
"I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" is an old but good movie about a girl who has illusions of another world (she's kinda schizophrenic) and after she attempted suicide she is put in a mental hospital. There's some scenes where she hurts herself. Cutting and burning.

I think the main actress is brilliant in her role. Totally convincing.
The book of this is brilliant too, I've read it like 10 times. I have the film also, I've seen it a few times but now I don't have a multi region dvd player so can't watch it anymore

Old 26-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #137
Snora
Orderly disorderly.

I am currently:

"Black Swan" does mention SH (main character has a history of it), and my interpretation is that it's about mental illness related to stress. I think it should be included here..

Everything you need is around you.
The only danger is inside you.

So punch another pillow, to make the pain a little less.
And run another race, to make the pace a little faster.
Use another knife, to make the cut a little deeper.
Then shed another tear, to make reality a little truer.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:59 AM   #138
Victim+Of+Hate
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Kate's secret
The edge of innocence
Mad love
No one would tell

Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 AM   #139
Rhapsody
meditating and breathing slowly

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snora View Post
"Black Swan" does mention SH (main character has a history of it), and my interpretation is that it's about mental illness related to stress. I think it should be included here..
Not to mention the main character loses her mind. I loved that film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evie_blue View Post
Anyone seen 'I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK?' - it's incredible, so weird and original, about a girl who thinks she's a cyborg and cuts herself open and won't eat because she's so afraid rice will mess up her 'machine' parts...totally worth a go if you're a big indie film fan xx
Brilliant film

rhap·so·dy - an ecstatic expression of feeling or enthusiasm. ♫

"Sacrifice is the most you can love someone."

“Love was at best an excuse for stupidity, at worst a destructive, dangerous emotion that drove men to acts of annihilation which defied logic. It was a twisted, insidious sentiment used to justify everything from spoiling a child to destroying entire civilizations.”

Old 02-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #140
Pilgrim

I am currently:

I saw Girl,Interrupted a few years ago and remember that I really liked it, although I also remember developing a bit of a dislike to the main character. Something bothered me about her, but I can't think of it now. I just rented the movie again, so I can probably tell you more in a few days.

Just finished the movie 2:37 and was not entirely satisfied with it. Normally I would get absorbed in these movies and think about them a long time, but this one left me mostly untouched. It is a sad and maybe shocking story (and in the end I almost threw up because I can't stand a large amount of blood), but... I don't know. I had the feeling the director wanted to create a certain atmosphere and didn't succeed, instead I thought everything was a bit shallow.
But you certainly can't blame this on the actors, they did a brilliant job, especially in the more difficult scenes. It is still worth watching, but I somehow expected more.

I'm excited to watch the rest of the movie list, but as someone already asked before: Is there a book list for selfharm-/mental illness-related books?

An indefinable yearning, possibly for something he once knew and then lost or for something he never knew and has always been searching for.

Previous username: Môrlaegel

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)