RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #21
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

i think theres positives and negatives to it. sometimes i wish i didnt share a birthday and being in the same classes sucked!

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:42 AM   #22
Artychik
Tired and Confused

I am currently:

I have a twin sister, though we are totally not identical, people don't even realise we're related although over the years we have developed similar mannerisms.

People are weird about twins, always used to get questions like "do you know what each other are thinking" or "can you feel each others pain?"

uhhh no

xxx
--------------------

Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:28 AM   #23
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I have a twin; a boytwin.

I love being a twin! He's awesome <3 But yes, I get "Are you identical?" all the time :|

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:26 AM   #24
akita

I am currently:

my grandmother and her sister were non identical twins and my friends nephews are non identical twins.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #25
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

My sister was meant to be a twin

I would like a twin but the grass is always greener!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #26
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

griddlebone happy birthday!!!

my sister and me many times we think the same things at the same time!!but we don't feel each others pain!!

do you fight with each other, or are you closer than siblings(not twins)?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #27
Shane<3
Sweetness

I am currently:

yeah, i do, very few people can tell us apart lol

Welcome Asha-Tegan to the world.
my beatiful daughter x x

Shane<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #28
HopeRises

i'm not a twin but i've always wanted to be. Thats cause i grew up watching Mary-kate and Ashley olsen shows.

I think the only reason it would be cool to be a twin is one so we can play tricks on each other and 2. you've always got someone to hang around with (but that isn't necassarily true cause you've got diffrent mates etc)

I have a set of twins at work (who apparently aren't identical but do look it) Its funny when they're both on counter serving and customers ask if they're seeing double lol.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #29
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

^^that must be funny!!

well my sister and me have the same mates which is the worst thing.we go everywhere together and we do many things together, which sucks.We don't like hanging out together, so if you don't like the other person, its not nice to hang out with them, but you have to.

i don't know.thats what happens with us.Other twins are never together.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 05-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

i dont, and im glad i dont, me and my brother dont get on at the best of times, and we are so different.

i like just being me

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #31
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

you are lucky that you don't have!!!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 05-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #32
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

i knew people that where twins though, identical twins, but they where easy to tell apart, it wasnt that hard.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #33
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I am currently:

I knew a pair of twins in college - identical girls. We [their friends] could always tell them apart 'cause they were just so very different but teachers never could. A couple of times they switched classes and the teachers didn't notice a thing. It was really amusing at the time 'cause they didn't actually do the same subjects...

As far as I know they had their ups and downs but mostly they prefered not to be together and had different friends etc.

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #34
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

^^i am like that with my sister.my friends can tell us apart, but teachers don't and we once switched classes and the teachers didn't notice!!

they were lucky that they didn't have the same friends.its very complicated having the same friends.people take you as one, for example if you wanna do something, other people believe that the other wants to, so its very annoying, cuz we don't have the same personality.

twins can be very different, no matter what other people think.it doesn't mean that they like the same things and are the same!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #35
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow

I am currently:

I really really really want twin daughtesr, or just one daughter.

A son would be nice but I dont want him to suffer what I have and also I would be able to be more affectionnate with a daughter.... and having a twin would help her as she'd always have a friend she could talk to....

Shame that noone would ever want to help me make that happen.... lol

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:22 AM   #36
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i hope it happens, if you want it so much!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #37
EmJ
Disaster

I am currently:

I have a boytwin. We're not very close but we get along alright. We used to fight heaps when we were younger and pretty much hated eachother. Now we just don't talk much because I don't live at home anymore. We're really different too but we do talk sometimes and soon we'll be doing classes at the same campus...we haven't gone to school together in 6 years. People always ask me if I'm an identical twin and I just look at them blankly.

EmJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #38
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

I've only ever known three sets of twins in my life.

One set (girls) were identical but changed their hair & had slightly different personalities, so after a while of being in a class with one of them, I could tell the difference.

The next set (girls as well) looked COMPLETELY different (non-identical, obviously) & even had practically different skin colours - one was a lot darker than the other. I didn't realise they were even related until year 10, & I'd been in their year since year 7.. =\

The last set were boys from my sister's year (identical), & she could tell them apart (& dated them both at the same time.. Haha.. They were about 7) because she was in their class, but I never could. Their mum had two sets of twins. She kept trying to have a baby girl, but gave up after 6 boys, haha.

Me & my sister look quite alike, but I'm kinda glad we're not in the same year, despite her having quite awesome friends (Y).

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #39
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneK View Post
twins can be very different, no matter what other people think.it doesn't mean that they like the same things and are the same!
Absolutely. You may have started out as one egg [if you're identical] and shared the same womb and sttuff but you're still two very different people and I can understand how frustrating it must be for people to think of you both as one person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidentally Abstract View Post

(& dated them both at the same time.. Haha.. They were about 7)
*giggles* That's cute.

Last edited by Zedebee : 07-03-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: making it clearer

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:12 AM   #40
Dreamer And Believer

i'm not a twin, but since this thread is here can I ask a question? in my psych class we talk about twin studies a lot, how identical twins are more likely to both have depression (or any mental health problem, just an example) than are fraternal twins. basically if one has it the other is more likely to. Does anyone here have this situation? hope this isn't threadjacking if you don't want to discuss this here let me know and I'll back off =)

Dreamer And Believer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)