RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
tierra04
Tierra~Fighting for life, but losing the battle. .

I am currently:
Triggering (Suicide) - Still really down. . .

Hey guys. . .still trying to get used to the new site, so bear with me here. For all of you that read my post Friday. . .you know I attempted suicide for the first time. While it scared the hell out of me. . .it seems like trying again will just be that much easier. I mean I'm 21 years old, and while I have thought about it for years, never had I tried it. . .until that night. My mentor has finally talked me into seeing a therapist, and my first session was last week. I'm not sure if I should tell him about my attempt, because I'm not sure if he would put me somewhere. While I've been in IP before. . .I don't know how all this works. . .because it's always been for cutting. Not actually attempting to take my own life. Bleh. . .I don't know.

tierra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Stellata

I think you need to tell your therapist. He probably won't have you admitted to hospital unless he really feels that you are unsafe. What he can do is help you understand the thoughts that are causing you to feel suicidal, and find alternative ways of coping, and to change your perspective of yourself, the way you see yourself, help find things that make your life worthwhile living. Because there are things, for everyone. Its just hard to see them when our minds are clouded with depression and low self esteem.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:04 AM   #3
bleedingdragon
Lost in the Darkness searching for the Light

I am currently:
be as honest as you can

Hey
dont worry about the new site it will take time, im still gettin used to it
Hey im sorry you were feeling so bad that you att suicide, hugs you,
It will have scared the hell out of you, i understand you about some of your feelings ive been there myself.
Hey i hope you can overcome your feelings of doing this again, ive done it more than once and you as you say you are 21 your still young and have a future ahead of you you can change things.

Im glad your mentor has spoken to you about it,and suggested you talk to a therapist, please please do tell your therapist about your attempt.
take your time and go slowly, dont be afraid. Being honest about it will help you , and your therapist to explore this , they wont put you anywhere unless you really need to be safe. they will allways listen and accept your feelings about it. Its important to be honest with yourself and the therapist. how can they help you if you dont open up.

My counsellor in uk listened to me and got me the support i needed on one occation which stopped me doing anything so it can help you.

we are here for you stay strong
Dave

Last edited by bleedingdragon : 04-06-2007 at 02:28 AM.
bleedingdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
raistlin
Strong Survivor

I am currently:

I think you should let him know so he knows where you are at and perhaps how he can help you.
I think that's great that you are starting to see a therapist. :)

raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
Butchers
Butchers

I am currently:

What you need to do is to stay strong and to never give up. Life is the most precious gift that you have, and to let go of life is a tragedy. I know, I have been touched by suicide quite closely twice, and am also a survivor myself. Dont worry, you are not alone in coping with this.

The best thing to do is to tell your therapist I think. They are paid to provide you with the most effective way of becoming well again, and they can only do that if they know the full context of whats going on. Only then will your therapist be a good one. Its a relationship built on trust, and if you truely trust your therapist to help you, you also have to trust them to be able to handle whatever you can throw at them, and they have to be able to trust that you are telling them everything. If that doesnt happen, then whats the good of therapy?

Butchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Hi hun, I'm sorry that things got so hard for you that you attempted suicide but i think that it's good that you didnt succeed.

What do you want to do? Do you think going IP might help you for a little bit? I think it is best to talk to your therapist about the attempt. If you are not suicidal now then you probably won't have to go IP but it could be helpful and it would also be helpful to talk through everything with your therapist.

I hope you're feeling alright.
And i hope it goes well with your therapist what ever you decide to do.
Take care,
Tabby x

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

inkyspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)