RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #8401
Popple

Can you take him off once he moved to the comfort flutter sucks or will he be a grump? Only other thing I could think of is distraction but that obviously won't work so well at night.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #8402
Wellingtons

Can you try slowly replacing the comfort sucking with a dummy?

Wellingtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #8403
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Sam, speak to your midwife or health visitor about the feeling? As both should know about your MH history? They might be able to think of some ways for you to stop yourself feeling like that.

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #8404
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Katy he grumps as soon as I take him off as the sleepy sucking usually comes between real sucking so he's still taking in milk.

I will probably try a dummy at some point but like I say it sort of comes between real eating so not sure I can stop it.

I probably should talk to HV although she doesn't know my MH history as I might have forgotten to mention it! She will know when she comes to do the depression questionnaire on 7th January. That seems a while away though.

It just seems such a petty issue but it makes me feel so sick and jittery when it happens.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #8405
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

It isn't a petty issue of it is affecting you! Don't be afraid to speak to your health visitor before the questionnaire in January

Aurora seems better since changing formula!! I haven't been really puked on since she changed on Saturday :) and her skin is clearing up as well. She is whiney and grumpy still though, and didn't eat enough again today :(

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #8406
Popple

Sam it isn't Petty, mention it to your hv he might be able to suggest someone who can help you a bit more with it, would be a shame if it got too much and stopped your nursing when you like it otherwise and are doing so well.

It's great that Aurora is doing better, what formula is she on? It can take a while for the symptoms to clear and they can jump between good and bad for weeks till it settles but you also have to watch for the secondary reactions as they settle on the formula because so many of them are still based on cows milk proteins. Often people discover soy reactions too when they give up milk and suddenly start having lots of soy instead!

Pop is doing better still not well though but we are back on the diet after our new amazing GP finally listened to us! I wish we had changed ages ago she is reffering us for allergy testing and to see the dietician. I cried in her office when she told me because I just couldn't believe someone was listening to me and believing me. She apologised on behalf of all the other people who kept telling me it was colic, refux, paranoid first time mum, yadadada, because it shouldnt have taken 7 months. I am going for blood tests to check I'm okay because my diet has been so restricted. I am still in shock I went in ready to fight for help because I am sick of seeing her in pain and I have wanted to throttle her every day for the last 2 weeks because I am so exhausted and she is so grumpy 2 days into returning to be free from everything and she is already improving massively again.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #8407
Beautifully Broken

So glad someone is finally listening to you, Katy! About time someone did!

Old 12-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #8408

I am currently:

Agreed, so glad someone is finally listening to you! Well done for preserving with it!

Aurora is on aptimil pepti 1 which is a whey based formula. Had her for her check up today again, the doctor commented that he can't believe she is only 4 months old, she is on an industrial sized list of prescription medicines! She now has 6 things on repeat prescription, 2 for her eczema, 2 for her reflux, 1 cream to add to her bath and her formula -/ good thing prescriptions are free or it would cost a fortune!!
I did ask about her eating though, she often leaves some of her bottles and sometimes refuses her bedtime one entirely :( I have been advised to take her to the baby clinic to have her weighed, so that is an hour round trip a at least every other week :( but needs must and at least it's good exercise and will help my diet!

Old 14-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #8409
Beautifully Broken

Do they not do a baby clinic in your area, Kirsty? They do one in Inverurie every second week xx

Old 14-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #8410

I am currently:

They do weekly at the doctors, but I live just within the ellon boundary so it's about 30 minutes walk each way to the doctors in the centre :(
The other problem is I don't really trust the health visitors in ellon much, so I would want to take her just to be weighed and nothing else if that makes sense. If I need anything examined or checked I would rather make her a doctors appointment than ask the health visitors about it but I don't like confrontation so don't want to have to tell them that!!

We took her Xmas picture today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (61.9 KB, 28 views)

Old 15-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #8411
Popple

Thanks it is so good to know someone is listening finally. She called me at 5pm on Saturday night to check some details about the referral and suggest alternative milks that she had found in Sainsburys and liked!

Unfortunately 3 days into being free again we had a slip up because frankie and bennys changed the ingredients on my usual safe meal and we didn't know until she had quite a bad reaction. Now I have a sad poorly baby again but hopefully it will clear up quick :(

Kirsty she looks lovely :)

Old 19-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #8412

I am currently:

Hopefully she is feeling better again. That sucks they changed the ingredients on you though :(

Aurora is still doing well on her new formula. Hv is coming round just now to discuss starting her on solids now, she seems to be super hungry now she is finishing her bottles :( this is going to be fun since she is dairy free for 2 more months!!

Old 19-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #8413
Beautifully Broken

Is there a bus that can take you to the centre? If you just want her weighed, then make sure you specify that! Its your baby! She looks lovely though, Kirsty!

Oh no, Katy! Hopefully she'll be back to herself in time for her first Christmas!

I've finally finished all my Christmas shopping...Just need to wrap it all now! I hate wrapping!!!

Old 19-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #8414
Popple

Most babies don't outgrow CMPA until at leadt 6-8 months but it can commonly be anything up to 5 years also symptoms can change. We have been a dairy, soy, egg free home for almost 8 months now and it is a huge lifestyle change but it has to be done for her health and so we have adapted but it hasn't been easy. She had her first contact reaction last week Peter ate egg then kissed her and she came up in a rash and started getting all upset, we have never had a reaction like that before :(

Old 20-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #8415

I am currently:

Poor thing! I hope she starts to overcome some of her allergies/intolerances soon.

I've done more research and decided to hold off on weaning til I see the gp. That gives her a proper amount of time on her new formula or see if it helps without complicating things and she really is too young IMO. If she stays really hungry I will give her an extra oz or 2 of milk or cooled boiled water instead.
Hv advised to give her carrots, my research (in the first few minutes of it as well) shows that carrot is high in acid and can make reflux much worse. So 100% not doing that!

Nic, there is a bus, but ellon is stupid and it takes as long if not longer than walking! The walk won't be too bad now that my full buckle carrier is here. About to put it on and walk to the local shops, Andrew ate all the digestives I needed to make rocky road for my parents Xmas pressies!

Old 20-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #8416
Beautifully Broken

How old is she now, Kirsty?

Ah what a pest! Our medical centre is about 20 minute walk from mine. And no regular buses to take me. Waiting for the duty doctor to call me back. Faith has a cough and its starting to sound chesty so I'm not taking any risks considering last time she had a chest infection, we didn't even know and thought it was her ears!

Old 20-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #8417

I am currently:

She is 18.5 weeks now.

Hope faith is okay and the doctor gets back to you soon

Old 21-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #8418
Beautifully Broken

Is she really? How time flies! Its completely your decision as to when you want to wean. But definitely let her adjust to the milk she's on and after she's adjusted and she's still hungry then I'd start weaning her. Faith was weaned at 19 weeks. Some of my friends were 17 weeks. My niece was weaned far earlier though cause she was hungry all the time.

The doctors got back to me. No chest infection, but an upper respiratory infection. If her cough doesn't get better by the middle of next week then I've to call back then...Not entirely sure how I can call back next week when they're closed Christmas and Boxing Day!

Old 22-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #8419
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I lasted posted here. It's lovely to hear about so many new babies :)

Lucas is now 2 and talking loads! It's very cute :) he has a temp ATM and looks very pale and keeps asking to go to bed although he had slept a lot today and we don't put him to bed after 3pm because he won't sleep at 7. It's just hard because he looks so sad and ill and keeps saying he is cold and that he doesn't like it (not that we know what it is) how do you cope with your ill kiddies?

X

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #8420
Popple

Hope he feels better soon, I would let him sleep I think because I know when I am ill all I want to do is sleep it off. Pop is full of cold at the moment and we are just having lots of cuddles and feeds but she looks really sad too and keeps waking up coughing.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)