RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #41
Ingenue
Jane

I am currently:

I personally think r&r and n&d could be moved into general. Because the news & tv programmes/books etc is normally involved in general conversation.

Also one idea, Instead of having the 'moving forward' subforum, why not put an option in the si board where people can have a label such as *positive recovery post* similar to the ED board?
I understand that some people who are not doing so well could be a little deterred by these posts, but in general i think most are inspirational & uplifting.

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay"

Ingenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #42
Sometimes Crazy
Left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Well, no, it's bringing certain members of the 'community' together whilst all the rest are practically left in the dark. It is secret since you aren't allowed to quote things from the CT board, as Josh said. We have no real platform to discuss ideas with other members. The other thread as well as this one is starting to do that which I think can only be a good thing.

Anyway, back on topic.
*takes it off topic again for a moment* :p

Okay, I think that was a bit strongly worded. There are polls out already, polls due to be put up and other information for the members of RYL to tell us what they want. We take our feedback from people we know as well to get ideas together. Everything we do is in the interest of the community. Any major changes are run past the mods/Harley/community first.

Things like adding new information to the site and such is a different matter.

We are taking all what you're saying on this thread and others on board, remember. So yeah, these threads are a good thing and help give us direction with our ideas. I should shut up and let other people get their thoughts out :p

So you found a girl
That thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing
About really deep thoughts?

Sometimes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #43
Caru y Nos

The idea is that the community team can work with the rest of RYL to get things done. There are around eighty or so members (representative enough?). Effectively we do all the work that wouldn't get done within the forums otherwise, and brainstorm ideas to see how they could work, etc. Mant threads have already been created by myself and others. Not always under the name of the CT but as a general poll, etc.

Now back on topic please.... (:

Dead to the world. Alive for the journey

Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #44
Rawrk

I think the boards are okay as they are...I hesitate in saying that. Some I feel are not needed, but there are people who use them, so that's okay.

(Off topic: do you think we could have another thread that we could spout ideas out and get them floating?)

Old 23-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #45
TimesLikeThese

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Well, no, it's bringing certain members of the 'community' together whilst all the rest are practically left in the dark. It is secret since you aren't allowed to quote things from the CT board, as Josh said. We have no real platform to discuss ideas with other members. The other thread as well as this one is starting to do that which I think can only be a good thing.
There's actually a sub-forum made where you can get involved in the CT, but Harley hasn't changed the privacy options so you can all see it yet. Don't worry, you will be included, I don't want you to feel left out.

But yes, back on topic.

What forums are people wanting to be merged, and the reasons behind them?

Moved on. Take care.

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #46
Puppet Strings
commonplace.

The thing is, threads in GC and those in R&R are often taken very differently.

& how would you really now if an issue was meant for debate, or just to generally listen to and chat casually about?

I'd explain in more detail, but I am exhausted.

I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright

:heart:

Puppet Strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #47
Ingenue
Jane

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Strings View Post

& how would you really now if an issue was meant for debate, or just to generally listen to and chat casually about?
I hate to disagree, but isn't general chat for having conversations with others with different opinions. Debates are brought about by contrasting opinions & i don't see why that can't be done in general chat.

I don't know, maybe i'm wrong. But i just wondered.

Old 23-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #48
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue View Post
I hate to disagree, but isn't general chat for having conversations with others with different opinions. Debates are brought about by contrasting opinions & i don't see why that can't be done in general chat.

I don't know, maybe i'm wrong. But i just wondered.
I agree with you. There is no more boring a thread than where everyone is agreeing about something or saying the same thing in a slightly different way.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #49
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Strings View Post
The thing is, threads in GC and those in R&R are often taken very differently.

I'd explain in more detail, but I am exhausted.
i agree that threads in gc and r&r are taken differently. in general people are more likely to tell you something is rubbish, basically. but i think people should just be prepared to put up with that and i really don't think it would be so bad.
for your second question i guess if something turns into a debate then just let it! i think the majority of the members here are intelligent or tactful enough not to be downright rude and therefore if something is meant for debate then it will just be debated over. i don't know. i guess i just think it will be obvious, say for example it is something controversial and there is a linked news story.. ahh, what i mean is that if it is a strong enough subject even that "casual chat" will eventually lead to debate, and if it does not then it will just fall off onto the second page and that is fair enough. (/badly worded).

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #50
xADAMx

I am currently:

General Support & Serious Discussion should be linked. They're both vague and when you already have the SI & ED forums then surely there isn't a need for 2 seperate non-specific ones?

Merge General with News & Debate.

I am the real Frank Turner Jeremy Kyle

xADAMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #51
TimesLikeThese

Quote:
Originally Posted by xADAMx View Post
General Support & Serious Discussion should be linked. They're both vague and when you already have the SI & ED forums then surely there isn't a need for 2 seperate non-specific ones?
However, GSA is for non-triggering, Serious is for triggering, and they are both about different topics. Do you think we could mix the two?

Last edited by TimesLikeThese : 24-11-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Moved on. Take care.

TimesLikeThese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #52
Cazki
14/6/2007 -

I am currently:

I think its perfectly fine as it is. Im totally against things being changed.

14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #53
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caru y Nos View Post
Grief and Trauma. Substance Abuse. <- Them two are too slow to be useful, in my opinion.
Agreed. With grief & trauma, alot of people don't post in there, just an example, alot of people announce (for lack of a better word, sorry) the death of a loved one in GSA, and more serious things can well, go in serious?

And I do try to check Substance Abuse every day because I just happen to know alot about various drugs and psychoactives, and can give advice, but there's not regularly alot to respond to. These issues could also probably be moved to serious/GSA, depending on the level of the problem.

Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.

rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #54
Stress Free Anxiety
Felicia

I am currently:

I sould like a weird minority here, but I like how all our forums are. Everytime I think "Oh we could mix forum A with forum B" I find a rather valid reason to keep them how they are.

I DO NOT think Serious and GSA should be combined. I stay away from Serious because of how triggering it can be for me and I know it's the case for many others, so if we put both types of posts together it would be a huge deterrent for me. Also, I really feel some posts that are usually found in GSA wouldn't get the replies needed since people would tend to reply to ones of a more serious nature.

But that's just my two cents.

(Just a note: I'm trying to say this in the most non-offensive way =]. I probably won't be popping back on this thread so if you want to quote and comment on something I said in hopes that I'll reply, go ahead but I may not read it.)

Stress Free Anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #55
Aidee

I am currently:

Serious and GSA are separate for a reason, Serious is for triggering threads, while GSA is for non-triggering. Merging them would mean there wouldn't be a non-triggering support forum out there any more.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #56
xADAMx

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesLikeThese View Post
However, GSA is for non-triggering, Serious is for triggering, and they are both about different topics. Do you think we could mix the two?
If threads were properly labelled then yeah. Seems I'm the only one that does, but fair enough.

I am the real Frank Turner Jeremy Kyle

xADAMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #57
Aidee

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxworldxoffxx View Post
I sould like a weird minority here, but I like how all our forums are. Everytime I think "Oh we could mix forum A with forum B" I find a rather valid reason to keep them how they are.
I agree completely. I keep thinking, well, we could get rid of X board and people could just post in Y instead".

However, the larger boards are pretty busy as it is, and the smaller boards are highly specialized, mixing them would mean the specialized threads would get bumped off the page a lot quicker and it would be harder for people with those same problems to find them.

Old 24-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #58
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

what do people think about combining self-injury discussion with serious then? i thought that was the logical choice really since they are both triggering & about cutting/death/suicide.

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #59
Aidee

I am currently:

That is honestly probably the one combination I could see being successful and not causing a lot of problems. I know it has been discussed before, and there didn't seem to be a strong argument to keep them separate.

Last edited by Aidee : 24-11-2008 at 12:57 AM.

Old 24-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #60
Ingenue
Jane

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by linder surprise View Post
what do people think about combining self-injury discussion with serious then? i thought that was the logical choice really since they are both triggering & about cutting/death/suicide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Aidey~ View Post
That is honestly probably the one combination I could see being successful and not causing a lot of problems. Honestly, it's been discussed before, and there didn't seem to be a strong argument to keep them separate.
I agree.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)