RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 28-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #21
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

i'm going to ask this question, because i think it is worth considering, and i'd like to hear people's answers... however, if it is misplaced, i have no problem moving it somewhere else...

why is it that people think being disrespectful to mods is ok? even if your only goal is to get what you want, you rarely rarely will get your way if you are disrespectful to the people who have power... Liv has said what is happening. it was questioned, she explained, it should be dropped now. nagging on about it is pointless and annoying, not just to Liv, but to other people. if you respect the site in general, it should follow that you respect the admins, even when you disagree with them on minor things. in "real life" there are laws that you don't like, yet you still follow them, right? and don't put up an argument every time they come into use... why do that here? especially when you have the choice to leave if you don't like it...

Last edited by PassedExpectations : 28-02-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: to say what i actually meant, i didn't edit closely enough the first time through

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

Old 28-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #22
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassedExpectations View Post
why is it that people think being disrespectful to mods is ok? even if your only goal is to get what you want, you rarely rarely will get your way if you are disrespectful to the people who have power... Liv has said what is happening. it was questioned, she explained, it should be dropped now. nagging on about it is pointless and annoying, not just to Liv, but to other people. if you respect the site in general, it should follow that you respect the admins, even when you disagree with them on minor things. in "real life" there are laws that you don't like, yet you still follow them, right? and don't put up a fit every time they come into use... why do that here? especially when you have the choice to leave if you don't like it...

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 28-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Katie are you saying that I was disrespectful to the mods?

Old 28-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #24
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Who in particular are you getting at Katie? I've said I disagree and I'd like the members' views to be listened to, but that I respect their decision to not allow support on the thread. Aimee only started this thread to ask if/when the Say here thread will be reopened as there was no indication given as to whether or not it was a permanent closure.

And no, In real life, if I disagree with a law, I don't just sit back and deal with it without complaint. The point of a democracy is that lay people are allowed to have opinions and to voice them.

No other sadness in the world would do

Old 28-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #25
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White. View Post
Katie are you saying that I was disrespectful to the mods?
I can only presume she was talking to me, as I cannot fathom how you could possibly be seen as disrespectful Aimee!

Old 28-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #26
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

i think both of you are being disrespectful. most definitely you do not intend to be disrespectful, but i think that you are in reality. it is disrespectful to keep going on and on over something that has been decided. it is appropriate to make your point and ask your question once, and to get an answer. continuing on after that just reflects negatively on you and doesn't make you any more likely to get what you want. its like a student arguing with a teacher over points on a test after the teacher has made their final decision. the continued argument is showing a disrespect for the teacher, the school, the test, all of it.

i am not saying that you are bad people for being disrespectful, that i dislike you at all, etc. i do this too at times, it isn't something that i just stick to others and ignore in myself. i think you are perfectly fine people, and i really hope that you won't be mad at me, because i am not mad at you

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

Katie

Old 28-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #27
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

We're not going on and on about it, and I don't think anything has been decided. Not once has a forum mod said that the thread is going to be closed forever.
I think Aimee was just seeking clarification i.e. is this forever or will it be opened at some point soon like last time? And I chipped in to promise to behave better if it is reopened!

Old 28-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #28
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

You know, it's a bummer explaining the same things over and over and over again.

That thread will remain closed for an unspecified period of time. It's been a source of issues for some time now and due to the fact that people refused to heed warnings to use the thread as specified, that period of time is likely to be quite lengthy.

If people were really upset about it being closed, then one might think that perhaps those same issues that had been cropping up would maybe taper off somewhat. But you'd be wrong.

Old 28-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #29
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
You know, it's a bummer explaining the same things over and over and over again.

That thread will remain closed for an unspecified period of time. It's been a source of issues for some time now and due to the fact that people refused to heed warnings to use the thread as specified, that period of time is likely to be quite lengthy.

If people were really upset about it being closed, then one might think that perhaps those same issues that had been cropping up would maybe taper off somewhat. But you'd be wrong.
Thank you for the clarification. Apologies for the barrage of questions I'm about to ask, I'm just wanting to make sure I understand what's happening properly!

Is there any discussion going to occur about the possibility of it reopening? Is there anything in particular we can do in order to have an input? Or are we just to accept that it's closed for an unspecified time and await further news?

Also, is it OK to use the inverse say here thread? Is it OK to have conversations in RVs?

Old 28-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #30
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

they said it was closed indefinitely. thats a final answer in my book. and questions should have happened and been contained to when it originally happened. not bringing it up again a week later.

Katie

Old 28-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #31
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Nobody answered my question about why the ban feature wasn't used to just ban specific members out of the thread, so really, nobody has explained it over and over to me because nobody has explained it once.

Sorry to be "disrespectful". I was having a discussion. I wasn't having "a fit" and I'm sorry to have been annoying to you. Dare I say you have the choice to leave this thread also Katie if you don't like it.

Old 28-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #32
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post

This.

Also thanks Katie, I have been wondering if it was just me feeling like that,glad to see its not.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Old 28-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #33
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
they said it was closed indefinitely. thats a final answer in my book. and questions should have happened and been contained to when it originally happened. not bringing it up again a week later.
No.
The last post in the thread said
Quote:
Due to the fact that we seem to be continually reminding people that this thread should contain no replies to other posts within this thread, we are temporarily closing this thread.
And until Amaryllis posted just there now, no forum mod had responded.

Now she has, I have asked further questions but not repeated my original question because it has now been answered.

Old 28-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #34
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

where did i say that you were having a fit? i would much like to leave this thread and do my homework, but since i did try to make a point, i just want to make sure that what i said is interpreted the way i meant it to be. because if it isn't, everyone, including but not limited to me, will end up upset

Katie

Old 28-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #35
incognito

I am currently:

hmm i agree with amy it would be better to just make it so that you need to have a pw to use the thread to stop trouble makers from entering. and or just take away the right of some people for posting or something you get what i mean. as for amy if you only new what it was like to be a forum mod you would see just how disrespectful you are being... :P

Old 28-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #36
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I'm genuinely shattered people think I have been disrespectful when I am just trying to get some answers and understand a situation better, I was not part of the reason the thread was closed and I have not tried to disrespect the mods. It saddens me that you think I have and frankly I thought we were just having a discussion and working through something that mostly happened behind closed doors.

Old 28-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #37
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
i'm going to ask this question, because i think it is worth considering, and i'd like to hear people's answers... however, if it is misplaced, i have no problem moving it somewhere else...

why is it that people think being disrespectful to mods is ok? even if your only goal is to get what you want, you rarely rarely will get your way if you are disrespectful to the people who have power... Liv has said what is happening. it was questioned, she explained, it should be dropped now. nagging on about it is pointless and annoying, not just to Liv, but to other people. if you respect the site in general, it should follow that you respect the admins, even when you disagree with them on minor things. in "real life" there are laws that you don't like, yet you still follow them, right? and don't put up a fit every time they come into use... why do that here? especially when you have the choice to leave if you don't like it...

Just above Katie.

Old 28-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #38
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

i'm very sorry for the wording there. i really am. i did not edit my post carefully enough.

and what i said was not directed solely at you and Jenna. i notice this with all sorts of things that happen here, usually not from the two of you. i said it because i thought it applied here, not because i thought this was the only place it ever applied/would apply

Katie

Old 28-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #39
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I was the last poster in the thread. I am guilty of replying to people's posts in it (9/10 as support, not chat). I don't know how much of this is my fault, but I guess most of it and think that I'd rather the mods talked to me/anyone else who was 'misusing' it (even though the thread has no rules...) rather than taking it away from everyone, which seems a bit rash.

And Katie, I don't think anyone is being disrespectful, people just have different views.

Imperfection is underrated.

Old 28-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #40
incognito

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White. View Post
I'm genuinely shattered people think I have been disrespectful when I am just trying to get some answers and understand a situation better, I was not part of the reason the thread was closed and I have not tried to disrespect the mods. It saddens me that you think I have and frankly I thought we were just having a discussion and working through something that mostly happened behind closed doors.
you are pretty much one of the lest disrespectful people that use this site darl.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)