Old 26-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #81
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

My poll senses are tingling!

No other sadness in the world would do

Old 26-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #82
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

^ Ha ha love.

And Nic speaks wise words.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Old 26-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #83
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
Ah right, I get you now.

And again, another excellent point. I'm aware that not everyone shares my sense of humour, and I do try to keep my inappropriate jokes aimed at people who I know will take them the way they are intended, but I do need to be more careful.
Your humor always offends me. As does your RV title. :'(

Old 26-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #84
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I should be a mod....

If nothing else because I spend all but the 3 hours I'm with Jasmine, on ryl. Even when I'm on the bus :p

I have no life.....

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 26-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #85
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menticide View Post
I should be a mod....

If nothing else because I spend all but the 3 hours I'm with Jasmine, on ryl. Even when I'm on the bus :p

I have no life.....
Nah, you don't hate yourself nearly enough to want to do this. :P

Old 26-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #86
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Does that mean I'm the tallest mod!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

Old 26-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #87
squirrelspit

I am currently:

its threads like this that make me not miss modding.

trolololol.

Old 26-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #88
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Phalange View Post
Just. Stop breaking rules? Stop being dicks? Kinda the simple answer here.
This made me laugh after you basically started a thread to deliberately flame the other day!

Besides that I agree with a lot of what you said!!!

Old 26-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #89
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

thinking about people lashing out... it is OK to get frustrated, and angry. i've gotten livid with people on this site. it happens online just like it happens in real life, sometimes more. while that may explain people lashing out, it does not excuse it (as Tyrannicide pointed out). what i've done when i'm really up in arms about things on here is to write out everything i want to say, on a sheet of paper. get it all out. write in all caps. whatever it takes. and then put it aside, calm down, come back, and put things into respectful language that is actually going to be effective at getting something done/something across/something changed. talking online has difficulties (one of which is that we don't get to see the other person's face and hear their tone of voice) but it has advantages too. discussing things via writing, not in person, gives time for us to think through what we say and not just blurt things out....

from the number of times these sort of threads are coming up, it is clear that there is dissatisfaction with the culture on ryl right now. perhaps some people from different areas of ryl (people who are dissatisfied, mods, supporters, community team leaders) could work together to create a post or an article to put in the ezine that would aim to teach people how to create a positive atmosphere on here... the venting part has been done. we all get that something needs to change. now it is time to think logically about how to change it, and about what we can each do as individuals to help.

edit: now that i've proposed that, i want to say that i would be happy to participate in it if we wanted to try

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

Old 26-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #90
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

^that sounds like a nice idea.

Maybe a mod (if they ever get some spare time from modding!) could also write something about what it's like to be a mod? Like, the good bits and the bad bits and how members can help make it easier for them? I remember getting a PM from Liz thanking me for editing rule-breaking stuff when I quoted something, and there's probably a whole load of other little things that people can do to help?

I dunno, just thought it might be nice for mods to have an opportunity to talk about what they do, outside of defending themselves in thread like these?

Old 26-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #91
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Katie, I have to say I have considered you to be the wisest member of this site for a very long time by now. You always make so much sense!

Old 26-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #92
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
Nah, you don't hate yourself nearly enough to want to do this. :P
No, but I believe I'm awesome enough to solve everyone's problems just by being present ;p

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 26-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #93
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

But then we get PMs having a go at us....seriously if we show any weakness it gets thrown back in our face. I once made a thread about my granddad dying and got a PM from someone saying I had made a stupid decision in infracting them and that I had made that wrong decision because my mind was clouded due to grief.

Thats the reality of the situation and thats why we dont go around saying how hard/**** the job is, because there is always someone who will use it against us.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Old 26-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #94
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

o_O

I hope you gave them ALL the infraction points!

I don't know, like, maybe if people were more aware of just how rude some of our peers could be, they'd actually as a whole give you guys more credit?

Like I've said earlier, I don't think I've ever been rude to mods over infractions, but every time I read stuff like that it makes me less likely to be argumentative about occasions when I feel I've been hard done by, because it reminds me that actually, you have better things to do than take shit from Jenna In Debating Mode.

Old 26-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #95
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

this is why i think that maybe something in the ezine could be good. i read a study that was about how to get people to recycle and be more environmentally friendly. making posters about "95% of people in our community think highly of people who recycle" was a ton more effective than admonishments and posters highlighting risks. most people will conform to social norms and try to work within their communities values. and then the next thing to do is to tell them how to do that. think the recycling example... people may want to recycle or compost, or save water... but they can't do that unless they know how. so then you have to give people ideas about actions they can take, and not make those actions too extreme and difficult, make them easily accomplished

and thank you Alpha, that is a great compliment and it means a lot. i have to say though, there are some other pretty amazing people on here (including the mods) and i have learned a ton from everyone on here

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

Katie

Old 26-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #96
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Bitch View Post
Katie, I have to say I have considered you to be the wisest member of this site for a very long time by now. You always make so much sense!
Also this.

Although a little bit annoying when I'm in full conflict mode and you say sensible things and I'm like ohhhh, time to stop now Jenna :p

Not that it's open to nominations, but you would make an excellent mod.

Old 26-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #97
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
its threads like this that make me not miss modding.

trolololol.

But Charlie you're still listed as a form mod..?

I'm beginning to get confused by the four active mods we have had for a while, but the long list on the staff page says otherwise.

Also I can't even imagine the mod team with so few members having to deal with all the work, so a very big well done to you all :).

Old 26-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #98
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Also Katie i think that's an awesome idea :)

Old 26-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #99
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

so i don't know how to quote things... but Jenna, my mom has that effect on me a lot :P

Katie

Old 26-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #100
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
But then we get PMs having a go at us....seriously if we show any weakness it gets thrown back in our face. I once made a thread about my granddad dying and got a PM from someone saying I had made a stupid decision in infracting them and that I had made that wrong decision because my mind was clouded due to grief.

Thats the reality of the situation and thats why we dont go around saying how hard/**** the job is, because there is always someone who will use it against us.
This is why I VERY rarely post asking for support or anything. It is even rarer that i do not delete the thread within a few days. Seriously. Go look at my thread history.

I've been called a whore and told that I was asking for it too many times to be anything less than extremely private.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)