RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
waytorecovery

I am currently:
Reviews Requested- Contains upsetting material - Poem: Built Up To Nothing

This is kind of a rough/raw poem, just kind of poured out of me. I hope everyone enjoys it and I hope this opens someone's eyes.

It's a really scary thing to think that so many of us find all our value in others, because what are we without anyone else, what are we without our boyfriends and girlfriends and bestfriends and even our frenemies?

I've been built to believe I'm nothing.

I've been built to believe that I'm not as worthy, that I don't deserve a place in this world as much as this girl does, or that boy does, because I don't have as many friends as them and because of this I should shrink away and hide so as not to impede their paths with my existence.

I've found that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm not the only one who has felt invisible or who has been disregarded or who has come home crying because I felt so worthless that I wanted to disappear and never return to society so badly to the point where I harmed myself because I felt I deserved it.

This is where it gets scary because we all can get trapped in this hole and to us it's okay because we deserve it and we should be here... but what about your little sister, your baby cousin, your best friend who is so near and dear to your heart that it would kill you to see her hurt?

We can get so wrapped up in our own compulsive self destruction that we become so completely blind to the fact that we're human and we're precious to the world and to the vast universe if not anyone else, whether we believe it or not.

Earlier this year I learned that someone I love is dealing with self harm just like me and it killed me so much inside that I sat in my room and cried and hoped to god she would stop doing that to herself because it was different when she did it.

It's so strange how we think we're so selfish yet we'd do almost anything to protect the people we love from themselves but we wouldn't do the same for us.

So why do we start off life being obsessed with ourselves and end up peeling away from our self love and betraying our own minds?

Why must we split into two and fight ourselves?

I suppose when I find the answer, this war will be over.

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

waytorecovery is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)