RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Ghostface

I am currently:
getting nervous about trip

Im going to stay with my uncle and aunt (in south of europe) next saturday...I was kinda hestitant about it, mainly because of cuts/scars etc.
But at the same time I really need to get away, so I've decided to go. I bought a couple tunics and tights yesterday...But after talking to my uncle yesterday Im kinda nervousHe said it was 37 c down there, which means Ill probably get a heath stroke if I try wearing the clothes I bought.
I havent cut for almost two months(except for a stupid slip up last week)but I still look horribleI visited them 2 years ago and then I wore short sleeves/shorts, but my scars are like 100 times worse nowAnd what should I do if my cousins asks me about it?(they're 5 and 7)
And everyone's gonna stare, Im sure about it Ive used up almost a bottle of bio oil only the last days, kinda desperateI also got dermablend, I used it everyday when I was in turkey last year, but it looked really stupid cause the rest of my body got really tan and my arms were really paleand it doesnt really cover it...

help?

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

Ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
The 666th Pope
Hallelujah

I am currently:

do your aunt and uncle know you have depression/something? if so maybe you should just sit down on the first day and have a chat to them about your scars and the fact that you really need a break from things back home, therefore negating the need to cover up. because i mean your going to the south of france, it beautiful there =) do you really want to be covering up that whole time.

Love is the most selfish emotion of all.

The 666th Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
eyes.wide.open

I am currently:

^^true.
do you think you could confide in your aunt\uncle? if not.. maybe just tell them you have been going through a hard time and thank them for the opportunity to get away. that way, if they see your scars, they may just assume and not ask you about it.
about the cousins (difficult age) maybe just say.. well i had an accident a while ago but i am better now. i dont know how i feel about telling young children about SI lol its such a touchy subject.
but as said above, this is a beautiful place, and a great opportunity to get yourself together and be free! wear what you want! if people stare, let them. you will never have to see them again. this is your life and your body and you need to love it for how it is! this could be the best time of your life!
if you feel uncomfortable, try the clothes\dermablend ect. like i said, its your body and you should feel comfortable. so if your not ready to show your scars, you dont have to. have you tried the cooling spray.. i think its like..magicool or something. Katiee has made a thread about it and it had some great reviews! to keep you cool if you do choose to cover up!
ps 37 degrees!?!?! jelous. :)
i really hope you have a great trip!

"They say time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessons, but it is never gone." - Rose Kennedy

eyes.wide.open is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
TinkerDebs
*hugs*

I am currently:

somebodys rather lucky to be hitting south france :)
it sounds like a great opptunity and as mentioed above - your SI shouldn't ruin that for you
i tihnk just having a little word with your uncle/aunt about it could be really helpful and could allow you to be completely carefree and make the mosrt of your time there
i hope you have a really nice time - and if you do feel uncomfortable with your scars on view - just tihnk - i'm never going to see you again :) and then have a good time
hope you enjoy yourself

The Soul Would Have No Rainbows If The Eyes Had Shed No Tears
[Laurel Burch]

Believe in yourself and your dreams. For when you do. You can achieve anything!

TinkerDebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
wyngednight
Live for every second.

I am currently:

^^^ yeah katiee had a good thread about magicool... a cooling spray of sorts, supposedly you can use it on broken skin too :D so that's good...
tis 35 c here and tunics are usually still alright, you dont get tooo hot in them :|
as for the children, ive had a lot of children ask me whats happened, but fortunataly their quite erm... idk if this is the right word... gullable, so you can tell them an okay story and theyll believe it. the usual... cat scratches, falling on broken glass, handling the rabid hedgehog, etc... :D
hmmm, would there be any cover-up product that would work? if you wore a strong sunscreen too, maybe then your arms would match the rest of your skin colour?
sigh, guess this wasnt really usfull.. sorry :\... but have fun and enjoy your trip anyway. south of france? im jealous :D

Last edited by wyngednight : 19-06-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: screwed my celcius conversions :\

Because it's not too late
It's never too late

wyngednight is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)